Left 4 Dead 2

Your own custom apocalypse
Discover and download new maps, Add-ons, Mutations and more! Want to try your hand at modding or want to upload your mod to Steam? Click here to learn more.
Captain America Mar 2, 2013 @ 11:15am
World War II Weapons
Just throwing out an idea for those who are interested: Care to create some weapons and tools from World War II?

I'm only listing the American and German weapon equivalents for starters. Post a reply asking me to relate Left 4 Dead 2 weapons with Japanese, Russian, or British weapons if there is any particular need/want.

Seeing the Stg.44 rifle created by Xenecrite (posted in the Workshop by another user) struck me with some inspiration.

To grasp the concept of how this could be done, here's a proposed list of weapons.

Weapons
- M1911 Colt .45 / Luger (Average Pistol)
- S&W .375 Magnum / P38 (Deagle)
- .30 Caliber / MG42 (M60)
- Thompson / MP40 (Mac11)
- Grease Gun / Mauser Schnellfeuer (Uzi)
- M1 Garand / Gewehr 43 (Hunting Rifle)
- Bazooka / Panzerfaust (Grenade Launcher)
- M1918A2 B.A.R. / FG42 (M16)
- Springfield / Kar98k Scoped (Military Sniper Rifle)
- M1941 Johnson LMG / Stg.44 (Combat Rifle)
- M1897 Trench Gun / Double Barrelled Shotgun (Combat Shotgun)

Thoughts?
Last edited by Captain America; Mar 2, 2013 @ 11:17am
Showing 1-4 of 4 comments
< >
Schmiere Mar 2, 2013 @ 2:09pm 
And the MP40, PLEASE !!!!!
Captain Caboose 1 Mar 2, 2013 @ 5:07pm 
There are 1911s (pistols) and a Luger/Walther P38 combo, a S&W Model 29 (magnum), there is a Gewehr 41 carbine (hunting rifle), the Stg. already mentioned, I think there is a Grease Gun for the Uzi but it's rather well hidden, already out there. There are also two variants of the Thompson submachine gun available (AK-47), as well as a Browning Auto-5 (Auto Shotgun).

The thing about weapon mods is that they require a lot of work, modeling, animating, texturing, rigging, compiling. Most of the modders talented enough to do that prefer to pursue their own projects. Another thing to note is that third person animations cannot be edited, which would make certain things like the Thompson and MP40 look strange.

That said, feedback: I've been waiting for a long time for something like an M1D for the hunting rifle, it just hasn't happened. Bazooka/Panzerfaust is a bit unreasonable, because it's almost impossible to change grenade launcher projectile stats, as well as the aforementioned world view problem. An FG42 would actually be pretty interesting on the M16, I'd prefer the BAR over the AK myself. The Springfield/Kar98 would have to go over the AWP/Steyr Scout, simply because their characteristics do not match a semi-auto sniper. You'd see them much less, but they'd feel better. The trench gun would fit much better over one of the pump-actions, and a double-barrel is very unfeasible due to the constraints of the game. It'd have to fit over either a pump or auto shotgun, both of which would look ridiculous given the animation constraints of the game.
A lot of it can be done but simply hasn't, a lot of it can be done but would look terrible, and some of it just can't be done.
[JEST]TheHusky Mar 3, 2013 @ 2:28am 
I Think this pack is missing BAR (Browning assault rifle)
Killtronic 6 Mar 3, 2013 @ 4:46am 
russian PPSH41 to replace the uzi ^^
Showing 1-4 of 4 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50
Date Posted: Mar 2, 2013 @ 11:15am