Counter-Strike: Global Offensive
CS:GO WANTS YOU
Download and play new maps and browse weapon finishes and stickers created by the community. Follow your favorite authors and be sure to rate their work. Interested in making content for CS:GO?
Learn More
Znerox 1 Feb 23, 2013 @ 6:28am
CS:GO SDK not launching
I'm having trouble starting the SDK, Source SDK works fine, but with CS:GO SDK it's just doing the "first time setup" for maybe half a sec, then nothing happens. I copied two dll's that were missing over from the CS:GO folder. Running W7 with updated drivers etc. Any ideas?
Showing 1-3 of 3 comments
< >
ianskate 5 Feb 24, 2013 @ 4:22pm 
Edit / Solution:

And, I solved this for myself. CS:GO install was in a different directory, not the Steam default Library, but a new one on another drive. If you choose to install CS:GO outside of the default library, you have to specify when installing the CS:GO SDK, on that same drive, or it won't install dxsetup, or launch correctly.

At least this is what I encountered, and it fixed my issue.

Original:

I have the same problem. Thought it may be due to Steam client beta, so I opted out, and it didn't resolve it. The exact message is about tier0.dll, which oddly has caused trouble with mdldecompiler for the SDK previously.

Error received is:

The program can't start because tier0.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem.
Last edited by ianskate; Feb 24, 2013 @ 4:51pm
Znerox 1 Feb 25, 2013 @ 8:38am 
Yes i figured it out yesterday, I had installed it on another drive just as you said. Works perfectly now, thanks for commenting :D
... 1 May 10, 2013 @ 11:36am 
Originally posted by ianskate:
Edit / Solution:

And, I solved this for myself. CS:GO install was in a different directory, not the Steam default Library, but a new one on another drive. If you choose to install CS:GO outside of the default library, you have to specify when installing the CS:GO SDK, on that same drive]

thanks much i was looking for a workaround since a week !
Showing 1-3 of 3 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50
Date Posted: Feb 23, 2013 @ 6:28am