Left 4 Dead 2

Your own custom apocalypse
Discover and download new maps, Add-ons, Mutations and more! Want to try your hand at modding or want to upload your mod to Steam? Click here to learn more.
ViciousHonkJob 8 Feb 17, 2013 @ 3:27am
I need a little help from the more experienced sound modders.
I'm having two seperate but equally baffling problems with two sound packs I'm working on. The first is a concert pack for dark carnival that replaces both the main songs and tank special themes. I've finished it up, V-packed it and tested it repeatedly yet each time the second song in the concert always plays slow and distorted. Everything else works fine. I've tried shortening it to the original file length, downloading and brand new MP3 and converting it to wav and so on but it still happens. The first concert track is longer than the original and it works fine so i'm summarily stiumped.

The second problem is a Tank soundpack I'm working on, simply that none of the sounds are playing. They are all in wav format and the directory is correct but it's just making a very mute tank. I can't figure this out either but I'm more frustrated because there are considerably more files to work with.

I am relatively new to the workshop, and would much appreciate the advice/help, perhaps one of you have had this problem. Thanks in advance.
Showing 1-6 of 6 comments
< >
kamenskij_andrej Feb 17, 2013 @ 3:56am 
чё?
ViciousHonkJob 8 Feb 17, 2013 @ 3:35pm 
Not sure what to make of that...I don't speak...erm...Russian i think? Is that Cyrillic?
Vexed 11 Feb 18, 2013 @ 7:27am 
Any chance you can link us to the vpk so I can give it a test?
I recently worked on a mod which replaces the concert music also. But never experienced any of th eissues you're facing.
Weird.

Edit:
Try changing the bit rate of your wavs from from 1411kbps to 705kbps.
To do this just make them mono and not stereo.

Hope that helps!
Last edited by Vexed; Feb 18, 2013 @ 8:57am
ViciousHonkJob 8 Feb 18, 2013 @ 10:38am 
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/100737663/protomen.vpk

This is it in it's current form, I tried the mono trick but it made all the working songs too fast...in theory it should work If I just change second concert track to mono, going to try that now.
Vexed 11 Feb 18, 2013 @ 11:39am 
Ok so I just tried it out and the second song doesn't slow down for me.
Both songs play normally, including the tank music.
So I'm just as stumped as you if it's not working your end.
Hmm...
ViciousHonkJob 8 Feb 18, 2013 @ 11:43am 
Hmm...how odd. Perhaps i will post it and check the feedback, maybe it's just me for some odd reason. maybe one of my mods is conflicting.
Showing 1-6 of 6 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50
Date Posted: Feb 17, 2013 @ 3:27am