Team Fortress 2

Team Fortress 2

Have you got what it takes?
Create and submit new items (such as hats, weapons, badges, boots, and more) for consideration to be incorporated into the actual game. Click here to learn more.
DividedZero Feb 14, 2013 @ 6:18pm
delete this
delete this
Last edited by DividedZero; Dec 8, 2016 @ 4:47pm
< >
Showing 1-15 of 39 comments
Sl33py [Riju] Feb 14, 2013 @ 8:45pm 
It'd be good for supporting the team, I suppose. Kind of cheap, as an Engineer who leaves his buildings for a split second will come back and unknowingly be waiting for a Heavy to come in and♥♥♥♥♥♥him and his defective sentry.

I think a sapper that lasts for a short time and does what you said it would would do fine. It could be undetectable, but only work for a few seconds, so you can't just use it and have an Engineer nest sit there for several minutes just to get obliterated.
Labraxadores Feb 15, 2013 @ 10:43am 
Agreed. Just a question, how long does the effect last?

I would suggest no cooldown time. The loss of every type of damage is enough.
Labraxadores Feb 16, 2013 @ 5:58am 
The regular sapper is used without a cooldown time.

Now, this sapper is basically Regular with no damage and less detectability.

If you add a cooldown, it will become sort of useless. The Spy won't be able to sap the Sentry again if the Engie notices it (which should be easy, since it can be detected by looking at it and realizing that it ignores enemies), and thus will be forced to either escape or get killed by the Engie or the Sentry. Because everything the Spy could do at that point to fight the Engie would result in him dropping his disguise.

With Regular, I can sap the thing until it eventually dies out of damage since the Engie can't repair as fast as I can dish out damage.

I can also sap the other buildings, so the Engie will be distracted by them and thus an easy prey.

The thing that makes this useful is undetectability. With a cooldown, it will become straight underpowered compared to the other sapper (I'm not counting the Red Tape Recorder, that thing is OP).

Hm, don't really like the stats, but a sapper that would "disable" buildings without telling the engie would be cool :3
ghastly57 Feb 16, 2013 @ 9:13am 
what about a sapper that momentarily turns the sentry onto the other teams
Renomaki Feb 16, 2013 @ 10:04am 
Originally posted by Ghastly57:
what about a sapper that momentarily turns the sentry onto the other teams

Ok, that would be overpowered.
John Yeezy Feb 23, 2013 @ 2:00pm 
Sounds pretty decent, but when you place the sapper, how will you get any points.
Meaning, usually if you use a normal sapper, it will count as a machine kill, but if you use this sapper, will it display a "Kill"?
Dev_AriaGrace Feb 24, 2013 @ 12:06pm 
Seems legit, cold be improved, but, seems good!
i love it but it should have an ongoing subminal noise or something to hint to an engy that something is a miss
prince solar Mar 1, 2013 @ 4:30pm 
i love the idea its great for nooby spy (like me) and give a balance to engis and spys!
Archimedes Mar 1, 2013 @ 7:24pm 
I think the idea is ok, I am an engineer main and im saying it could be ok. It is the engineer's responsilbity to check on his/her sentry, but then again, and engineer is suppose to build and then then try to help/distract the other team alittle. (but thats my strategy) So it could be ok, kind of sneaky like a spy. So just one question, by "a short delay" for the teleporters, do you mean they still are working, just recharge slower, because thats what I'm getting out of it.
BadAssB➑ss Mar 4, 2013 @ 11:37am 
Is good
Dipper Pines Mar 6, 2013 @ 5:53pm 
Would make the Diamondback utterly USELESS in the same loadout.
Feral Gentleman Mar 6, 2013 @ 6:15pm 
Suggestion: It uses your cloak up while sapping, drawing power from your own cloak. Would force you to keep moving. Once your cloak is used up, it self destructs.
Labraxadores Mar 7, 2013 @ 1:21pm 
Originally posted by ๖ۣۜButter_Force:
Would make the Diamondback utterly USELESS in the same loadout.

Hmmm. I suppose it would. Just like the Eureka Effect makes useless Rescue Ranger's ability to haul buildings.

Originally posted by Monstrumologist:
Suggestion: It uses your cloak up while sapping, drawing power from your own cloak. Would force you to keep moving. Once your cloak is used up, it self destructs.

Huh. Is this really necessary? As far as I can tell, this weapon relies only on being "cloaked" from enemy eyes. Adding another drawback is not really needed in my opinion. The ones we already have are enough.

If we add cloak drawing...nah. It is a cool idea, but not really good for this weapon.
< >
Showing 1-15 of 39 comments
Per page: 15 30 50

Date Posted: Feb 14, 2013 @ 6:18pm