Team Fortress 2

Have you got what it takes?
Create and submit new items (such as hats, weapons, badges, boots, and more) for consideration to be incorporated into the actual game. Click here to learn more.
DividedZero Feb 14, 2013 @ 6:18pm
Awesome TF2 Weapon Ideas
(This is my first weapon idea, and first time making a discussion)

-ENGINEER'S WRENCH- (Idea made in 3/31/13)
Name: Turtle Shell
Desc: A hard hitting experiment

Positive Stats:
  • +10% damage done (Stock's base damage is 65. This weapon's base damage is 71.5)
  • Doubles engineer's building health (Sentry, Dispenser, and teleport would be lvl1=300, lvl2=360, lvl3=432)
Negative Stats:
  • Critical Hits now now affect engineer's buildings
  • 10% slower walking speed
  • No random critical hits

-HEAVY'S SHOTGUN- (Idea made in 3/9/20013)
Name: Cop's Trusty Friend
Desc: It is good day to kill cowards!

Positive Stats:
  • +15% damage done (This weapon's Base is 69 damage. Stock's Base is 60 damage)
  • +5% faster firing (Stock Fires 0.625 per sec which means full clip will be 3.75 seconds. This weapon will fires at 0.59375 per sec, and for full clip it will be 2.375 seconds REMEMBER it only has 4 shells per clip, so if it has 6 shell it would be 3.5625 seconds)
Negative Stats:
  • -33% clip size (Stock has 6 shells per clip. This weapon will have 4 shells per clip)
  • -25% Primary Ammo (Without this weapon, stock minigun would have 200 bullets. With this weapon equiped, stock minigun would have 150 bullets.)

-SPY'S REVOLVER- (Idea made in 3/9/2013)
Name: QuickDraw
Desc: Quick Trigger

Positive Stats:
  • +15% faster weapon switching (This includes pulling out you cloak device faster)
  • +20% faster fire (Stock fires at 0.58 per sec which means a full round would 3.48 seconds. This weapon fires at 0.464 per sec which means a full round would be 1.856 seconds REMEMBER it only has 4 bullets per round, so if it has 6 bullets it would be 2.784 seconds)
Negative Stats:
  • -20% damage done (This weapon's Base is 32 damage. Stock's Base is 40 damage)
  • -33% less clip size (Stock has 6 bullets per round. This weapon will have 4 bullets per round)

-SPY'S SAPPER- (Idea made in 2/14/13)
Name: Blind Date
Desc: Why don't I give something special to non-living objects that I love to sap?

Positive Stats:
  • Engineers are unable to detect the sapper (Unless they are look at it)
  • Sentrys won't detect enemys (But they still act normal as if nothing is wrong)
  • Dispensers won't give out health and ammo
  • Teleports will have a short delay
  • A somewhat silent sap noise
Negative Stats:
  • Won't do any damage
  • Won't destroy buildings
  • After you place a sapper, you have to wait 6 seconds in order to put another one

How do you think? I would LOVE to see some feedback. It took me a LONG time to do the math for few of these weapons. I hope you like them :)
Last edited by DividedZero; Aug 21 @ 9:21pm
Showing 1-15 of 51 comments
< >
GPB [Jiggs] Feb 14, 2013 @ 8:45pm 
It'd be good for supporting the team, I suppose. Kind of cheap, as an Engineer who leaves his buildings for a split second will come back and unknowingly be waiting for a Heavy to come in and ♥♥♥♥ him and his defective sentry.

I think a sapper that lasts for a short time and does what you said it would would do fine. It could be undetectable, but only work for a few seconds, so you can't just use it and have an Engineer nest sit there for several minutes just to get obliterated.
Labraxadores Feb 15, 2013 @ 10:43am 
Agreed. Just a question, how long does the effect last?

I would suggest no cooldown time. The loss of every type of damage is enough.
DividedZero Feb 15, 2013 @ 2:23pm 
I disagree. The reason behide it s a spy can simple sap it again. Plus it's the engineer's fault for not checking on their buildings. Engineers' job is to put there sentry and keep an eye on it, not to go around and start shooting everyone. However if everyone still thinks it's fun fair, I guess it could make it where the sentry lose half of their range and 50% slower firing rate...
Labraxadores Feb 16, 2013 @ 5:58am 
The regular sapper is used without a cooldown time.

Now, this sapper is basically Regular with no damage and less detectability.

If you add a cooldown, it will become sort of useless. The Spy won't be able to sap the Sentry again if the Engie notices it (which should be easy, since it can be detected by looking at it and realizing that it ignores enemies), and thus will be forced to either escape or get killed by the Engie or the Sentry. Because everything the Spy could do at that point to fight the Engie would result in him dropping his disguise.

With Regular, I can sap the thing until it eventually dies out of damage since the Engie can't repair as fast as I can dish out damage.

I can also sap the other buildings, so the Engie will be distracted by them and thus an easy prey.

The thing that makes this useful is undetectability. With a cooldown, it will become straight underpowered compared to the other sapper (I'm not counting the Red Tape Recorder, that thing is OP).

Flawless | C4CTU5C4T Feb 16, 2013 @ 6:14am 
Hm, don't really like the stats, but a sapper that would "disable" buildings without telling the engie would be cool :3
[Curiosity]ghastly57 Feb 16, 2013 @ 9:13am 
what about a sapper that momentarily turns the sentry onto the other teams
Renomaki Feb 16, 2013 @ 10:04am 
Originally posted by Ghastly57:
what about a sapper that momentarily turns the sentry onto the other teams

Ok, that would be overpowered.
DividedZero Feb 23, 2013 @ 1:28pm 
Anymore feedback :)
SaviorH Feb 23, 2013 @ 2:00pm 
Sounds pretty decent, but when you place the sapper, how will you get any points.
Meaning, usually if you use a normal sapper, it will count as a machine kill, but if you use this sapper, will it display a "Kill"?
DividedZero Feb 23, 2013 @ 6:36pm 
You can't get a kill with it...IT DOES NO DAMAGE!
Marine9| Roderic Acillius Carius Feb 24, 2013 @ 12:06pm 
Seems legit, cold be improved, but, seems good!
Davis2110 Feb 25, 2013 @ 12:36am 
i love it but it should have an ongoing subminal noise or something to hint to an engy that something is a miss
DividedZero Feb 27, 2013 @ 7:19pm 
Originally posted by Davis2110:
i love it but it should have an ongoing subminal noise or something to hint to an engy that something is a miss
The noise would still be hear, but it will be a bit hard to hear. It's not 100% silent
prince solar Mar 1, 2013 @ 4:30pm 
i love the idea its great for nooby spy (like me) and give a balance to engis and spys!
I think the idea is ok, I am an engineer main and im saying it could be ok. It is the engineer's responsilbity to check on his/her sentry, but then again, and engineer is suppose to build and then then try to help/distract the other team alittle. (but thats my strategy) So it could be ok, kind of sneaky like a spy. So just one question, by "a short delay" for the teleporters, do you mean they still are working, just recharge slower, because thats what I'm getting out of it.
Showing 1-15 of 51 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50
Date Posted: Feb 14, 2013 @ 6:18pm