Dota 2

Dota 2

Create or find the best new items
Create and submit new items (such as armor, weapons, clothing, Couriers, and more) for consideration to be incorporated into the actual game. Or help identify the best by rating up your favorites.
Zjistit více
Why do some amazing sets get accepted and not others?
So I am about to try my hand at creating a set for the first time(choosing Lich). I have experience with all of the software needed to make things but this will be my first time making a set start to finish. I don't expect my first go-around to get accepted into the game, but I am wondering if anyone knows what makes Valve decide to use some sets and not others.

For example...Anuxi has some great looking sets for Naga and another for Enchantress...but those haven't been implemented whereas several of her others have. Why would this be? It also seems that most of the "sets" accepted come from people who won the Polycount contest last year. Does it have anything to do with the fact that they won or just that they are the best artists submitting items?

Obviously it will be good practice for me to make something regardless, but I just want to increase my chances(who doesn't?).
< >
Zobrazeno 14 z 4 komentářů
There are a lot of issues that can occur when someone submits items. Things like distroying the heroe's silhouette, not following the color scheme, deviating too far from the lore, having too much detail which causes too much noise, etc. Some sets are also just on standby so two sets aren't released for the same hero at the same time. It just depends. If you make a good set for a hero, that follows all the guidelines and fits well into the game in most aspects, you set is most likely going to get in. It's just a matter of "when"
Does Valve seem to contact people often who have made a quality set that doesn't quite meet their guidelines and suggest what they might change on it? That would be my main concern, wanting feedback to know what wasn't right about it. I have read the guidelines start to finish so I hope I'll do alright. :)
I can't say for sure if it happen "often", but it does happen. If you really want some good feedback look to polycount. There's a group of great creators over there who can gerenally help.
+1 for lich set attempts!
< >
Zobrazeno 14 z 4 komentářů
Na stránku: 1530 50

Datum zveřejnění: 12. úno. 2013 v 8.35
Počet příspěvků: 4