Left 4 Dead 2

Your own custom apocalypse
Discover and download new maps, Add-ons, Mutations and more! Want to try your hand at modding or want to upload your mod to Steam? Click here to learn more.
• Robin • Feb 12, 2013 @ 5:45am
Changing FOV!
Anyone ever thought about making a mod for that? Because I always forget the console command for that.
Showing 1-7 of 7 comments
< >
ThaiGrocer Feb 12, 2013 @ 10:51am 
I forget the weapon viewmodel fov command every time, too. Thankfully there's a 'find' command in the console.
Captain Caboose 1 Feb 12, 2013 @ 4:04pm 
"cl_viewmodelfovsurvivor XX", where XX is your desired number. Default is around 50 I think.
• Robin • Feb 12, 2013 @ 4:06pm 
Yeah, I know that. But Left 4 Dead 1/2 needs a slider in the options, like Team Fortress 2 has.
Captain Caboose 1 Feb 12, 2013 @ 4:19pm 
I think it's easier to just pull up the dev console, type the beginning of the command, auto-complete the command in the dropdown list, input the desired number and go, as opposed to pausing the game, opening up the options menu, going into the required submenu, messing around with a slider to get the precise number you want, hitting apply and continuing.
The developer console is more concise for those who know how to use it, but for those who don't a mod like you described would benefit them greatly. Sadly, I have no clue how to make that work.
• Robin • Feb 12, 2013 @ 4:20pm 
Well, then I need some pictures that shows the different views. Or something...
Captain Caboose 1 Feb 13, 2013 @ 1:49am 
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F_-qFn2nPNs The demonstration in this video should give you a rough idea of the various value placements. Personally I'm running a viewmodel of about 70 right now. I think Left 4 Dead 1 style is somewhere around 60.
Oh, and the dev console will remember your viewmodel settings.
BESTBELEVDAT Feb 14, 2013 @ 11:09pm 
Its not hard to make add a keystate or however u want it to be set to to change the fov. just make sure change the range of the camera. So you dont see the occlusion. and also you might want to add a additional camera to a helper object and center it to same spot your original cam is located. but make sure you change depth and set it to see everything that the main cam sees. oh and dont forget to hide the dummy object or it will be seen. I know it sound complicated but if have any idea on how to import objects in. it can be done in about 2 hours or so.
Last edited by BESTBELEVDAT; Feb 14, 2013 @ 11:16pm
Showing 1-7 of 7 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50
Date Posted: Feb 12, 2013 @ 5:45am