Team Fortress 2

Have you got what it takes?
Create and submit new items (such as hats, weapons, badges, boots, and more) for consideration to be incorporated into the actual game. Click here to learn more.
412 Feb 8, 2013 @ 8:44pm
New to workshop looking for thoughts
I am a 3d Modeler/Animator and after browsing through the forum I am skeptic on stepping on ppls toes and working on ideas. Is there a "list" of assets that TF2 would like to be created or is it an open field to submit anything and everything and hope for the best? Any direction would be appreciated.
I am capable of doing characters, asstets/props, levels and much more. I am curious to see if any Valve members moderate because I would like to entertain the thought of talking to the source directly. Also have an idea for "TF3" if interested in going that direction. Thanks for the read
Showing 1-6 of 6 comments
< >
labraxadores Feb 9, 2013 @ 2:42am 
Mmmm. For what I know, you can submit pretty much everything. But I'd suggest to directly email one of Valve's employess, they always listen to the community.
[CW4L]PokeBluWiz27 Feb 9, 2013 @ 7:38am 
good idea
412 Feb 9, 2013 @ 9:02pm 
Thnx Lab, extremely insightful... and where would a fanboy like myself aquire such knowledge of the emails? I'll google around but if you know one or twoish could you pm me any?
Pogo 33 Feb 11, 2013 @ 6:22am 
I wouldn't worry about TF3 just yet. Don't worry too much about stepping on peoples toes if your item looks unique. An idea is an idea, it's the execution that matters. There's no master list of what valve want, but generally cosmetic items and weapons are what the workshop is for.

Game levels are created by the community too, but are less often put in game. Check out tf2maps.net for a dedicated community for mapping, they'll help you test and build your map.
412 Feb 12, 2013 @ 10:25pm 
thnx pogo for the insight
[PAN]TriggerHappy Feb 16, 2013 @ 5:49am 
i don't think people should start talking about tf3 yet cause' this tf2 is pretty good....
besides if there were tf3,i bet i couldn't afford it
Showing 1-6 of 6 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50
Date Posted: Feb 8, 2013 @ 8:44pm