Dota 2
Create or find the best new items
Create and submit new items (such as armor, weapons, clothing, Couriers, and more) for consideration to be incorporated into the actual game. Or help identify the best by rating up your favorites. Submission Guidelines
█▄ ██ █▄ Feb 3, 2013 @ 10:39pm
Help with ideas on what to make..?
I've been modelling texturing & animating for like 5 years and just heard about these workshops actually being lucrative.

The hardest part seems to be figuring out what to make that would sell really well. I can concept once I have an over all goal, for example a hat or bow or a set for a particular hero but I'm not sure what many people want. How can I figure out what to make?
Showing 1-12 of 12 comments
< >
Street Workout Feb 3, 2013 @ 11:16pm 
you must have the imagination for every hero like example sf-a demon lord so maybe you make a demonic looking red/purpel(demonic colours) followed by the design. 2 you should get people to imagine for you if you lack that. maybe I can help you imagine for solo mid heroes I love them ))
Street Workout Feb 3, 2013 @ 11:20pm 
imagination is important that what makes a good artist, architect, director , inventor and etc )).
Gear Shark Feb 4, 2013 @ 12:58am 
add me on Steam i have many ideas for you maybe can work together on this :)
Proto Feb 6, 2013 @ 11:00pm 
The hard part is making it. Ideas are easy.
Gear Shark Feb 7, 2013 @ 1:05am 
that depends what yyour background is. if you dont know how then yes. if you do then no its opposite
Proto Feb 7, 2013 @ 3:55pm 
Modeling and texturing an object to quality standards is the hard part.
Gear Shark Feb 7, 2013 @ 4:03pm 
Not if you know how is all im saying. ideas are harder then people may think. once you have a concept and you know what you doing rest just happens. im not saying its not easy. cos its not ive only just started. but there ar people that learn to do this sort of thing at Uni/college so for them once the concept is there. the rest of the work happens with time.
Chaemirix 3 Feb 7, 2013 @ 5:13pm 
I'm sure if you look around you can find people to give you some good inital concept art for small cut of the final product. I'm good with ideas so I'm learning to model myself.
Proto Feb 7, 2013 @ 9:45pm 
Originally posted by SIK Ruhkjin:
Not if you know how is all im saying. ideas are harder then people may think. once you have a concept and you know what you doing rest just happens. im not saying its not easy. cos its not ive only just started. but there ar people that learn to do this sort of thing at Uni/college so for them once the concept is there. the rest of the work happens with time.

The hardest part, really, is the motivation to do that stuff. Speaking of Storm Spirit and DOTA2, where are the cool items that should be in the workshop. I love SS.
Last edited by Proto; Feb 7, 2013 @ 9:45pm
JUGGALOTUS Feb 7, 2013 @ 10:10pm 
The coolest thing to be made is the original courier of all couriers! A PIGIEON!
[NSA]BatGuano Feb 7, 2013 @ 10:53pm 
I think it would be great if you could make items for Undying. no one seems to have made anything for him
Gear Shark Feb 8, 2013 @ 8:58am 
Not all heroes are available for Mod as of yet. Zeus as an example.
Showing 1-12 of 12 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50
Date Posted: Feb 3, 2013 @ 10:39pm