Team Fortress 2

Have you got what it takes?
Create and submit new items (such as hats, weapons, badges, boots, and more) for consideration to be incorporated into the actual game. Click here to learn more.
BlasterBuilder Feb 1, 2013 @ 11:34pm
Medigun That Gives (or possibly takes) Ammo
I think this has been missing from TF2, and is a rather obvious addition that could be added as a new medigun. I haven't come up with a name for it yet, but I'm thinking the stats might be something like this:

----Pros:
Refills Ammo instead of health
Allows target to never reload (This doesn't work with things like Jarate or cloak watches)
---Cons:
No Ubercharge
-50% move speed when supplying ammo

I am also thinking of maybe it being able to take ammo from enemies, but without it being able to make teammates not have to reload (It would take ammo and give ammo to your total supply, not your clip).
So, what do you think?
Showing 1-11 of 11 comments
< >
Sentient_Toaster Feb 2, 2013 @ 6:05pm 
-50% movespeed on a low-health class = dead if anybody notices.

I'd also put "refills ammo instead of health" as a con, not a pro. Health tends to beat ammo -- this would get stomped by an overhealed enemy who'd then grab the dropped weapon for a 50% ammunition refill anyway.

I don't see much use for this other than healing a focused HH sniper, and I'd much rather prefer a team medic be using stock or kritz depending on the situation.
Rory Gilmore Feb 4, 2013 @ 2:51am 
I agree with the above. It not refilling health should be one of the downsides. Alternately, it could grant a 25/50% slower heal rate. As for an ubercharge idea, increasing the target's rate of fire might be interesting, particularly combined with not having to reload.
War Hero, Magikarp Feb 16, 2013 @ 1:26pm 
how about you call it the..... Ammogun? (MEDIgun AMMOgun)
BlasterBuilder Feb 16, 2013 @ 7:51pm 
Nah, sounds a little predictable... I want something unique like... The Reclipper, or The Ammo Arsenal, or The Arms Dealer or something. I think The Reclipper is the best.
Labraxadores Feb 17, 2013 @ 6:51am 
May I suggest some stats?

The Reclipper

+Patient doesn't needs to reload
+Patient has ammo refilled at a rate of 1 ammo per second.
+25% Uber build time
+On Ubercharge: +50% firing speed
-No health refilled

I know that this may look overpowered, but simply losing the healing is a terribly big downside.

I'm a bit undecided on the Uber build time though.
Falconium535 Feb 17, 2013 @ 7:44am 
I definitely think it should have an uber that grants a no-clip situation, so the team-member being healed doesn't have to reload for the duration of that period.
It's just a thought.
BlasterBuilder Feb 17, 2013 @ 10:40am 
Those are pretty good stats, I think! It would be awesome if this was actually added into the game.
ShredderZX Mar 3, 2013 @ 1:52pm 
lol worst weapon idea ever
Labraxadores Mar 3, 2013 @ 1:57pm 
Can you please explain why? I was interested in this idea, and some feedback would be helpful.

Right now you aren't really being useful by simply saying "lol worst wepon idea ever".

Wouldn't it be a good idea to boost someone's ammo and firing speed? An Heavy with faster RoF and Brass Beast would be terribly useful. Same for Soldier. Or Pyro.
ShredderZX Mar 3, 2013 @ 2:01pm 
Originally posted by Labraxadores:
Can you please explain why? I was interested in this idea, and some feedback would be helpful.

Right now you aren't really being useful by simply saying "lol worst wepon idea ever".

Wouldn't it be a good idea to boost someone's ammo and firing speed? An Heavy with faster RoF and Brass Beast would be terribly useful. Same for Soldier. Or Pyro.
no health/uber.....FOR A DAMN MEDI GUN.
the medic has low health , 50% less movement speed? nahh
plus the medic needs to catch up to its patients, 50% less movement speed would make him slower than a F**KING HEAVY
Labraxadores Mar 3, 2013 @ 2:15pm 
I would agree, if it wasn't for the fact that I already suggested some stats that *could* make the thing balanced and actually useful, and apparently the creator accepted them.

So yeah. The older stats sucked, what I'm asking criticism for are the newer ones, which do not include stealing ammo from enemies or slower movement speed.
Last edited by Labraxadores; Mar 3, 2013 @ 2:16pm
Showing 1-11 of 11 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50
Date Posted: Feb 1, 2013 @ 11:34pm