Left 4 Dead 2
Your own custom apocalypse
Discover and download new maps, Add-ons, Mutations and more! Want to try your hand at modding or want to upload your mod to Steam?
Μάθετε περισσότερα
Workshop content = game crashes steam
I installed a bunch of levels for survival\campaign etc. It takes about 7 minutes for the game to find just 2 pieces of the content. If I wait another 10 minutes in the main menu I can see it attempting to import workshop content, always starting from scratch, it makes it through about 10 files and then L4D2 hard freezes, eventually CTD and then steam becomes completely locked and closes itself within minutes. Most bizarre and I've had just about enough of the workshop as it works for about 0% of games I've tried it for and when it "works" the content is outdated and incompatible with the current version of the game. Why would we use any other resource than moddb or a readme file, I don't need my hand held into hell.
< >
Εμφάνιση 1-15 από 15 σχόλια
open the game like 17 times and eventually it will work
Damn. i got the same problem. Does someone find any fix ? .. :( I can't play any longer.
Every system has it's growing pains. Have some patience. In the long run this is far superior to downloading from 3rd party sites. For instance, it's a ton easier to make updates to a map (if you're a mapper), and guarantees that everybody has the same version of the map...
catering to ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥, why not. dumb down the whole system so even an ant colony can play mods. lets all go live underground, I heard it's better than the surface
we were just trying to help
someone providing help or an answer is one thing. telling people to calm down or have patience is another. it would seem most games have trouble detecting the content and all you can do is try try again. there are many issues I would raise with this method like the lack of documentation regarding the entire system and how it operates, I managed to find the stuff I downloaded in the userdata folder within the steam root. so I would either have to assume either of these possibilities... that steam downloads all this junk into userdata then moves or copies it into the game directory now the possibilities of this messy bloated process, as it trickles down, become near endless and nearly nauseating. steam is completely over-reaching and now its a mod manager.
while trying not to lead into another issue or rant, regarding left4dead 2, does anyone know the exact process of clicking the subscribe button on a contribution in the workshop to the end life of playing said contribution, knowing where and when my files are in time in space, sure is helpful.
afterthought: having to patch\update a game to support the steam workshop is completely counter-intuitive to steam actually placing mod files where they belong instead of adding more code into a game just to support some idea. it is just another example of steams development and nature. I can't think of a funny metaphor, all that comes to mind is genetically modified food.
passion is not always equal to drama
I am having the same problem I am currently in a steam support chat and they have not specified the problem nor have they found a solution if I find a fix I will update it here
< >
Εμφάνιση 1-15 από 15 σχόλια
Ανά σελίδα: 1530 50

Ημ/νία ανάρτησης: 31 Ιαν 2013, 22:25
Αναρτήσεις: 15