Left 4 Dead 2

Left 4 Dead 2

Your own custom apocalypse
Discover and download new maps, Add-ons, Mutations and more! Want to try your hand at modding or want to upload your mod to Steam?
深入了解
envirozavr 10 2013 年 1 月 24 日 下午 10:55
L4D2 Workshop: List of Problems and Suggestions
First of all, hi everyone! I am very happy and grateful to participate in the beta.
Also, sorry for my poor English.

I decided to collect all the suggestions and problems of all beta users in this topic. I think it will be more convenient to all!

Hint:
#1 - the highest priority problem/suggestion, #2 - less priority, #3 - even less priority, etc.

PROBLEMS:
#1 - Formatting of collection's descriptions doesn't work
引用自 100_o/o_f@ke
So we have "Formatting help"[puu.sh] option, when we want to Edit Collection Information, but formatting didn't work at all[puu.sh]! This need to be fixed.
#2 - All add-ons turned on again after each new subscribtion
引用自 100_o/o_f@ke
So It's seems like game remembers which add-ons I've turned off and which I haven't (even if i restart the game). But each time I've subscribed to a new item, all of the Workshop add-ons became Turned On again, and I have to turn them off back again! There is no such problem with non-Workshop add-ons.
#3 - Mutation HUD font's don't resize (NEW)
引用自 shotgunefx
Mutation HUD font's still don't resize making them unreadable at smaller resolutions.
#4 - Dedicated Servers not support Workshop
引用自 ★ gH0sTy ★
L4D2 dedicated servers should allow to subscribe to workshop files and automatically download/update them if necessary. That's how it works for Nuclear Dawn and Natrual Selection 2 servers.
#5 - Game still checks for updates when offline
引用自 GShock
Working in offline mode game still checks or at least appears like its trying to check for updates. And doesn't appear to load addons while in offline mode.
On top of this is there a way to disable update checking in game via a cvar or add a menu option? I know your wondering why would you want too but some people may want to disable it if they have slow or limited bandwidth available. This is kinda like how you can disable update checking for any steam game.
#6 - Some tags still unavailiable ingame
引用自 100_o/o_f@ke
A lot of tags were added on Workshop page, but some of this tags are still unavailiable ingame.

SUGGESTIONS:
#1 - Updated add-ons visibility (NEW)
引用自 Rectus
The workshop should display items in the recent menu sorted after when last updated, rather than created. Right now there isn't that much incentive to update workshop content, since no one will notice. Bumping newly updated content up in visibility would encourage content makers to maintain and add features to their work.
#2 - Separate section/tab for campaigns (NEW)
引用自 Morloc
Also I still think campaigns need to have there own section/tab. Im probably biased but considering the amount of work that goes into them.
引用自 100_o/o_f@ke
Right now it's a total mess with big campaigns in Workshop. If campaign has several parts 15% of subscribers don't even know about it. This parts is all over Workshop with different raitings and amout of subscribers.
We need separate section! Campaign pages should be based on collection page template, but with one exeption - you can't add someone's works to this page, only yours. And campaign's parts pages should be visible only for creator, other user should onlt see campaign page in campaigns section.
#3 - Improvements for tagging system (NEW)
引用自 shotgunefx
As far as the workshop in general, tags are being applied terribly. Go to mutations for instance, half of what you would find is sound mods or custom models. It would be nice if some of this could be handled automatically on upload. For instance, if a vpk contains one or more mode files, automatically assign the tag mutation, otherwise remove it if set. If there is a mission and the vpk contains bsps, perhaps set campign, versus, survival appropriately. This might be trickier with multi part uploads though. So you may have to just "trust" the mission file.
引用自 100_o/o_f@ke
I think tagging system need some restrictions, for example:
- In "Game Content" group of tags you should be allowed to select ONLY one tag (also "Map" tag is needed here)
- The "Game modes" group of tags should be available ONLY if you've previously selected "Campaign" or "Map" tag
- If you've selected any tag from "Infected" or "Survivors" group, then you shouldn't be able to select tags from "Game Content" or "Game Modes" group.
#4 - Copy collection's "Thumbs Ups" to addons in this collection
引用自 100_o/o_f@ke
I think it would be fair if when you click the button and you give your "Thumb Up" not only to the collection, but also to all of the addons in this collection!
Right now you give your respect only to the person that created the collection, but not to the modders who created all that awesome stuff in this collection. I think this is wrong!
#5 - Load / recognize workshop addons on game load
引用自 FGSFDS
How about adding an ability to change addons loading order, like in Skyrim?
It'll be useful for conflicting mods. If two addons change the same file, you can choose from which addon this file will be used.
Before the workshop update we could do it by editing addonlist.txt, but not anymore.
#6 - Addons loading order
引用自 Urik
Depending on connection and amount of addons installed (subscribed), there can be up to half-a-minute delay before they load (after launching the game).
Many players connect to a game directly, entirely skipping the game's main menu.
In this case, the workshop addons don't stand much chance to load at all.
Ideally, it'd be great if the game would handle the Workshop content just like the rest of game files, i.e. load instantly upon game launch.
I understand there are sync / cloud reasons to the way it works now, but in my opinion, it vastly affects users experience and often draws those addons useless.
#7 - Link addons together
引用自 100_o/o_f@ke
I suggest to add the ability to link several addons together in Workshop Manager, so users can subscribe to these addons ONLY together (when subscribing to one, sign up for all). In such way users will not be able to download only a part of the campaign and get a campaign without models or textures.
引用自 GShock
I think this is something that needs to be addressed ASAP because just looking at the items screen Link[dl.dropbox.com] is both a mess and could be confusing to some.Why not something like this when items can be made to require other parts. Example[dl.dropbox.com]. What do you think? OR why not have a section for campaigns/maps?Items/Collections/Campaigns/Maps... Just ideas.
#8 - Fix the ending of description
引用自 100_o/o_f@ke
I think you should cut the addon's description not in the middle of word, but on the last gap, and add three dots at the end. I'm talking about addon's description in the addons menu.Example[puu.sh]Also formatting tags are visible ingame.

SOLVED PROBLEMS:
  • Removing from repository delay
  • Corrupted 100+ MB addons
  • "Stucked" selection in the addon menu
  • Addon's description cropped
  • Preview image not updating in Workshop Manager
  • Campaign name always showing "Dead Line 2" on the Custom Campaigns screen.
  • Downloading popup window overlaps menu
  • Custom campaigns titles missing from scoreboard.
  • Error when removing addon, while addon is a part of collection
  • Download bar doesn't progress
  • Downloading popup window wrong location
  • "Not enough space" error, while updating addon's vpk
  • "Steam cloud is not available"
  • Game freeze when you click on ADD-ONS menu
  • Custom Campaign select screen issues
IMPLEMENTED SUGGESTIONS:
  • Changelog for each Workshop item
  • Download progress bar for add-on ingame
  • Drop-down menu to the add-on screen to filter by tags
  • Items tag for addons
  • Increase Steam Cloud quota up to 2GB
最後修改者:envirozavr; 2013 年 7 月 10 日 上午 3:59
< >
目前顯示第 1-11 則留言,共 11
envirozavr 10 2013 年 1 月 24 日 下午 10:55 
Feel free to post your Workshop problems and suggestions in this thread, i think it will very convenient for everyone (developers, modders, players). I will add them to the first post as they comes in.
最後修改者:envirozavr; 2013 年 1 月 24 日 下午 11:07
envirozavr 10 2013 年 1 月 24 日 下午 11:14 
@FGSFDS
Nice suggestion! Added!
最後修改者:envirozavr; 2013 年 1 月 24 日 下午 11:22
CornObjects 2013 年 1 月 25 日 上午 12:46 
I'd like to throw this problem in:

Mods of any sort, workshop or otherwise, DO NOT work on Official Dedicated servers. It'd be nice if the officially-supported workshop mods worked on official servers too, alongside non-official servers.

It's not like this would allow annoying server mods like people complained about when I made a thread about this. All it'd do is let people use their custom skins/models/UIs/etc. anywhere, instead of being forced to leave and search for a third-party or local server. Being forced to leave because all of your fun mods that spice things up a bit without affecting anyone else don't work is annoying as hell, especially late at night when 90% of online servers are official.

I'm honestly not sure why this wasn't fixed already. I've heard that it's due to kinks in the process and future workshop plans, but there's been 4 years or so to fix it, workshop or not.
76561198074068278 2013 年 1 月 25 日 上午 4:55 
after i have subcribe the workshop things i cant even play l4d2 at all!!!!!!!!!!!
envirozavr 10 2013 年 1 月 25 日 下午 1:15 
引用自 TurboSax
Mods of any sort, workshop or otherwise, DO NOT work on Official Dedicated servers.
It was done for the reason, i believe. Because you can use some add-ons for you advantage.

Examples:
- Add-ons that would make all textures in level transparent, this way you would be able to see your enemies through walls.
- Add-ons that would make cover all infected with red texture, this way your enemies would become easy to spot.
- Add-ons that would delete boomer puke from your screen
- etc.
This kind of add-ons would ruin versus games entirely. Some people play only on official servers only because they are protected from this kinds of gamebracking add-ons.

@FGSFDS
Your second suggestion added.
最後修改者:envirozavr; 2013 年 1 月 25 日 下午 1:20
envirozavr 10 2013 年 1 月 27 日 上午 1:49 
New problem added "Dedicated Servers not support Workshop".
Thanks to [UCSC] DannBo, Driver, ★ gH0sTy ★.

And another one by me - "All add-ons turned on again after each new subscribtion"
最後修改者:envirozavr; 2013 年 1 月 27 日 上午 4:26
envirozavr 10 2013 年 1 月 28 日 下午 3:24 
Left 4 Dead 2 Update:
Custom Campaign select screen:
- Show all installed custom campaigns, not just the ones that support the current mode.
- Disable list items for campaigns that don't support the current mode, and sort them to the bottom of the list.
- Fixed some uninitialized text fields when no campaign is selected.
- Moved an informational string so it doesn't overlap the campaign list.

Workshop Publishing Tool:
- Removed the file count from the download progress bar to avoid confusion when stale meta-data indicates there are more files than actually exist.
- Don't show the download progress bar if no valid files were found.
- Fixed the "Failed to write file chunk…" error message not correctly showing the number of bytes written.

So one more problem gone (Issues with Custom Campaign select screen)!
Love 2 2013 年 1 月 30 日 上午 11:09 
引用自 TurboSax
I'd like to throw this problem in:

Mods of any sort, workshop or otherwise, DO NOT work on Official Dedicated servers. It'd be nice if the officially-supported workshop mods worked on official servers too, alongside non-official servers.

It's not like this would allow annoying server mods like people complained about when I made a thread about this. All it'd do is let people use their custom skins/models/UIs/etc. anywhere, instead of being forced to leave and search for a third-party or local server. Being forced to leave because all of your fun mods that spice things up a bit without affecting anyone else don't work is annoying as hell, especially late at night when 90% of online servers are official.

I'm honestly not sure why this wasn't fixed already. I've heard that it's due to kinks in the process and future workshop plans, but there's been 4 years or so to fix it, workshop or not.

Dude, I can't agree with you more. I was HOPING they would when I heard this was coming. It's kinda a face-slappers that it doesn't.

"Sure, we support your mods. Just... not on OUR servers- here's a quaint workshop for you". Lol!
envirozavr 10 2013 年 1 月 30 日 下午 12:54 
@☥Fox Boogie☥
It was done for the reason, as I said earlier.
But yes, i agree that now, with release of Workshop, they should create some kind of protection from "bad" add-ons, which would not interfere with all other addons.
最後修改者:envirozavr; 2013 年 1 月 30 日 下午 12:54
< >
目前顯示第 1-11 則留言,共 11
每頁顯示: 1530 50

張貼日期: 2013 年 1 月 24 日 下午 10:55
回覆: 11