Left 4 Dead 2

Your own custom apocalypse
Discover and download new maps, Add-ons, Mutations and more! Want to try your hand at modding or want to upload your mod to Steam? Click here to learn more.
FGSFDS 2 Jan 24, 2013 @ 6:58am
Addons cache \ addons for uninstalled games
What's the point to keep all downloaded (and even unsubscribed) addons in userdata\[profile]\ugc\referenced?
This folder is already takes about 5 Gb when I have 2 Gb of L4D2 and Skyrim addons, because it keeps all the addons that I've ever subscribed.
The only way is to remove this folder but steam will start to download all the mods I currently subscribed again.
Games doesn't use addons from this folder. Which means I should have the same addon twice on my hdd: in ugc and in game folder.
Last edited by FGSFDS; Jan 24, 2013 @ 11:34am
Showing 1-3 of 3 comments
< >
Lemmers 4 Jan 24, 2013 @ 8:10am 
I just checked and you're right, Workshop files are taking up double the HD space. I hope this can be sorted out before more campaigns are released on the Workshop and the lack of HD space becomes really noticeable.
FGSFDS 2 Jan 24, 2013 @ 11:22am 
Another thing I'm concerned about. Why should I download all the subscribed addons if I don't have this game installed? I run steam on PC and laptop, but I don't need 7 Gb of addons on laptop because I don't have any games on it.
S4taN 3 Aug 5 @ 7:49am 
It's really annoying. Sometimes I see files are stored in ugc/temp sometimes I see them in ugc/reference and yet sometimes I see my workshop folder completely empy and steam starts to transfer files back where ever it stored /reference or /temp who knowns. ugh!

okay so I have a friend saying his workshop folder size is 800ish Mb and he doesn't have a UGC folder at all. wtf?

Last edited by S4taN; Aug 5 @ 7:53am
Showing 1-3 of 3 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50