Left 4 Dead 2
Your own custom apocalypse
Discover and download new maps, Add-ons, Mutations and more! Want to try your hand at modding or want to upload your mod to Steam? Click here to learn more.
NickNak 9 Jan 24, 2013 @ 2:47am
Is it now possible to create new survivors, weapons, infected?
In the past it wasn't possible to create brand new guns, Survivors or Infected. I'm wondering if it's now possible due to the Steam workshop update? It would be nice to be able to create new guns\projectile weapons, or to be able to add new Survivors without replacing any. I haven't tried either yet, I've been to busy animating for my Fire Temple
Showing 1-7 of 7 comments
< >
Corvatile 4 Jan 25, 2013 @ 3:53pm 
Of course it was possible before. WTF are you on about?

Why is it that if something is not happened to players on a silver noob-friendly plate that they cannot fathom it whatsoever? L4D2 addon websites have been around for years, and all of a sudden people are acting like all of this stuff being uploaded is brand new.
Gz0|Weenieslab Jan 25, 2013 @ 6:44pm 
some one create a ppsh 41
NickNak 9 Jan 26, 2013 @ 2:38am 
Originally posted by AR3 Brickinator:

Why is it that if something is not happened to players on a silver noob-friendly plate that they cannot fathom it whatsoever? L4D2 addon websites have been around for years, and all of a sudden people are acting like all of this stuff being uploaded is brand new.

Those are all models that REPLACE (key word here) existing guns and survivors, not brand new ones. If you're going to be a hostile try to read before making yourself look like a right plonker. You haven't been able to add anything of the sort in the past as they were hard coded into the game.
Cavebob Spongeman 4 Jan 28, 2013 @ 3:17am 
Originally posted by NickNak:
Those are all models that REPLACE (key word here) existing guns and survivors, not brand new ones. If you're going to be a hostile try to read before making yourself look like a right plonker. You haven't been able to add anything of the sort in the past as they were hard coded into the game.

You can add melee weapons in custom campaigns and in certain cases on the official campaigns, but new firearms and Specials still can't be added. Or if they can, nobody's jumped on the opportunity. You might be able to create AI-controlled extra Survivors with a bit of coding in a custom map/campaign, but I am not the one to ask about how it can be done.
NickNak 9 Jan 28, 2013 @ 6:11am 
Originally posted by Those Dirty Blues:
You can add melee weapons in custom campaigns and in certain cases on the official campaigns, but new firearms and Specials still can't be added. Or if they can, nobody's jumped on the opportunity. You might be able to create AI-controlled extra Survivors with a bit of coding in a custom map/campaign, but I am not the one to ask about how it can be done.

Thanks for the info mate, I've done custom melee weapons before, I've got quite a few done for my campaign. Shame about the new weapons I'll take a look at them after I done the Fire Temple. Also I reckon you could add AI controlled survivors with Hammer code.

Thanks again mate :D
Cavebob Spongeman 4 Jan 28, 2013 @ 2:13pm 
Originally posted by NickNak:
Thanks for the info mate, I've done custom melee weapons before, I've got quite a few done for my campaign. Shame about the new weapons I'll take a look at them after I done the Fire Temple. Also I reckon you could add AI controlled survivors with Hammer code.

Thanks again mate :D

I try to help where I can. Best of luck with your work.
☥Neithhotep☥ 2 Jan 30, 2013 @ 11:16am 
Originally posted by AR3 Brickinator:

Combating "accidental' ignorance with fully-realized ignorance is just... IGNORANT, and you, sir/madame, sound like an a$z.

"WTF are you on about"? Pssh, Appranetly, YOU on about some bullisht. I THINK they mean is there a way to kind of like create a character somewhere else and put in in- NOT LIKE JUST CLAIRE REPLACING ROCHELLE.

See the difference? I'll type slow so your mind can keep up- Claire is a model made by Capcom for Resident Evil. Rochelle is a model made by Vavle for L4D. There is NO NEW MODELS THERE WHATSOEVER. Both exist, as L4D mod websites and your hostile teen angst, before even coming to the picture. This person was CLEARLY asking if there was A WAY TO MAKE A NEW SURVIVOR. Much like I imagine one would in Saint's Row 2.

just because someone doesn't know something DOES NOT MEAN YOU CAN BE A CHOAD. Never treat someone asking a question liek they're an idiot. People who DON'T ASK QUESTIONS are ♥♥♥♥ing groupthink a$zholes. You've been told. No need to thank me- just spread the word, douch3.
Last edited by ☥Neithhotep☥; Jan 30, 2013 @ 11:19am
Showing 1-7 of 7 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50
Date Posted: Jan 24, 2013 @ 2:47am