Left 4 Dead 2

Left 4 Dead 2

Your own custom apocalypse
Discover and download new maps, Add-ons, Mutations and more! Want to try your hand at modding or want to upload your mod to Steam?
Meer informatie
Cannot upload campaign to workshop
Error: Failed to write file chuck to cloud. Uploaded 102199070 bytes of 102199070 bytes

My campaign is less than 100 Megs, 97,4 to be exact and i'm using the authoring tools for the job since there is no web interface (why not?).

So, i cannot upload the campaign to the cloud. I get that error 3 times and when i press upload for the 4th time, Steam crashes.

Same story, same steps every time. Help?
< >
1-15 van 17 reacties weergegeven
Does anyone have any ideas?
Non english characters in file path maybe?
No, none. Not even spaces in the filename or path. That was a good idea though.
Laatst bewerkt door ICS; 20 jan 2013 om 5:30
Have you tried uploading with a different computer or internet connection. It would at least show if the problem is on your end, or on the Steam servers.
I have no other computer to upload from. One other guy also had the issue on l4dmappers mailing list so i don't think i'm alone with this.
Laatst bewerkt door ICS; 20 jan 2013 om 8:05
I actually bought a new pc, not due to this issue but i can test it out soon as i get my hands on the parts and get it up. However, i doubht the issue might be the same. Unless workshop has something against WinXP. that i have now.
Laatst bewerkt door ICS; 21 jan 2013 om 10:42
So this is happening from Publish Addon in the Left 4 Dead 2 Workshop Manager? So weird... Was every area on the form filled out? I'm sure it's not that...! Have you tried uninstalling the Authoring Tools and reinstalling them yet? That's really all I can think of... That and crying...
Yeah, i fill up all the fields in the manager and when i press upload, bam, that error pops up. 3 times, then Steam crashes.

I re-installed, re-validated and did all that i can, and still it won't work.
That's frustrating... Ugh. Hope somebody can help!
*bump* Did you ever get any help with this?!
Kerry  [ontwikkelaar] 3 25 jan 2013 om 13:37 
Well first of all, that error message has a bug where it's not showing the real number of bytes uploaded (that's why both numbers are the same). I'll fix that and then we can see if it's uploading anything or just failing immediately.
Yeah actually it doesn't upload anything. It shows it will upload all of it in a few seconds according to that error.
Laatst bewerkt door ICS; 25 jan 2013 om 13:54
After the update, error changed but it's a still no-go for me.
Error: Failed to write file chuck to cloud. Uploaded 0 bytes of 102199070 bytes
give up
Origineel geplaatst door thekiller:
give up

Your reply motivated me to try even harder. Thanks!
< >
1-15 van 17 reacties weergegeven
Per pagina: 1530 50

Geplaatst op: 19 jan 2013 om 10:25
Aantal berichten: 17