Team Fortress 2
Μπορείτε να τα καταφέρετε;
Δημιουργήστε και μεταφορτώστε νέα αντικείμενα (όπως καπέλα, όπλα, εμβλήματα, μπότες και άλλα) για να αναθεωρηθούν και να μπουν στο παιχνίδι. Κάντε κλικ εδώ για να μάθετε περισσότερα.
So I'm making a hat... And I need some help...
So far in Maya I have the hat in 3D, It's a pretty rough design but it's getting there, a problem I'm facing is that this hat has teeth, and they are seperate from the hat itself, I made then seperately and dragged them into place, now the problem I'm having is connecting them to the hat itself, so If I move part of the hat, the teeth will move with it, so I don't have to keep rearanging the teeth every time I make an adjustment.

as far as I've got, I haven't actually completed the hat, I'm just running up some ideas (shape, size, etc etc) I haven't placed it on a character model because I don't know how to import TF2 models into Maya, so possible reshaping will happen, I also need to UV Map, Topoligise (I think) and of course texture it (anything I've missed?) I'm learning as I go, so once I've done one step, I'll watch a few Youtube vids on how to do the next step :P

I'm new to the workshop and new to Maya, Everything I know is from tuts or just getting stuck in and seeing what buttons do what.

What I need to do is basicaly merge these teeth into the mouth, so when I increase the size of the hat, the teeth will also change size, not just stay in one place and look pretty, making me have to rearange them again.

Anyone out there able to help?
Τελευταία επεξεργασία από Digital; 11 Ιαν 2013, 10:10
< >
Εμφάνιση 1-6 από 6 σχόλια
I don't know how Maya works, but parenting the hat to the teeth should work. I would like to put a very heave emphasis on the word should. Save before you experiment.
Αναρτήθηκε αρχικά από Professional Spycrab Hunter:
I don't know how Maya works, but parenting the hat to the teeth should work. I would like to put a very heave emphasis on the word should. Save before you experiment.

Hello, thanks for the help!

I know the shortcut to parent objects together, P, but I don't know the long way to parent the cones, the teeth are all seperate cones, using this shortcut I "parented" the teeth, I clicked on one and rotated, none of the other teeth moved, just the one I selected. It's the same with the hat and tooth, the hat rotated but the tooth stayed there. what program do you use? 3DS Max? I have that also, could I pair them in 3ds max and bring it back into Maya?
Τελευταία επεξεργασία από Digital; 11 Ιαν 2013, 10:28
Αναρτήθηκε αρχικά από RubberNinja125:

I know the shortcut to parent objects together, P, but I don't know the long way to parent the cones, the teeth are all seperate cones, using this shortcut I "parented" the teeth, I clicked on one and rotated, none of the other teeth moved, just the one I selected. It's the same with the hat and tooth, the hat rotated but the tooth stayed there. what program do you use? 3DS Max? I have that also, could I pair them in 3ds max and bring it back into Maya?

I use Blender myself. In Blender, you would have your entire hat as an Object, and if I were to make the hat smaller, I'd select everything and just scale it down. As far as I understand you have what would be two different objects. In Blender I would just join those two, but as I said before, I know nothing about maya.

I wouldn't go to 3DS Max, pair them, and then export them. Chance of something getting messed up is quite high.
Τελευταία επεξεργασία από Kazzymodus; 11 Ιαν 2013, 16:10
Αναρτήθηκε αρχικά από RubberNinja125:

I use Blender myself. In Blender, you would have your entire hat as an Object, and if I were to make the hat smaller, I'd select everything and just scale it down. As far as I understand you have what would be two different objects. In Blender I would just join those two, but as I said before, I know nothing about maya.

I wouldn't go to 3DS Max, pair them, and then export them. Chance of something getting messed up is quite high.

Thanks for the reply, I tried 3ds Max and it did mess it up, I ended up starting again and made the teeth from the hat itself rather than make them seperate entities and try to pair them, It looks better, more so that just cones, they actually look like teeth, I did find a fix to the problem though, I was using Nurbs and you can't merge Nurbs in Maya, but you can merge polygons, I should've used polygons XP

My next problem now though, is that I've made horns from polygons, and have paired them to the hat, now It's on to trying to UV Map the entire thing, then Texture it. Any tips on how to UV Map and Texture stuff?

This is a big learning experience for me, and everything I'm learning so far is going to be a great help in the future!
I'm preety sure you could delete those vertices and create an edege collapse and extrude each one to your liking. Save before trying. I am using blender and as far as i have seen the are very similar.
I have moved back over to blender now, because this thread went south fast, I went elsewhere for answers, I've actually moved forward and made the teeth straight from the head model, not seperate, and now the problems I'm having is with UV Mapping.

This is where I've moved to:
http://steamcommunity.com/groups/BlenderTutorialCommunity/discussions/0/864956554892226429/

Thanks for the help though :)

Αναρτήθηκε αρχικά από Kitty Soft Paws:
I'm preety sure you could delete those vertices and create an edege collapse and extrude each one to your liking. Save before trying. I am using blender and as far as i have seen the are very similar.
Τελευταία επεξεργασία από Digital; 15 Ιαν 2013, 12:47
< >
Εμφάνιση 1-6 από 6 σχόλια
Ανά σελίδα: 1530 50

Ημ/νία ανάρτησης: 11 Ιαν 2013, 8:56
Αναρτήσεις: 6