Portal 2

Community maps. For science.
Welcome to Aperture Laboratories, home of the Perpetual Testing Initiative. Easily create, share and play test chambers authored by and for the Portal 2 community. Do your part! Contribute to Science!
|HR| Preowned Nov 26, 2012 @ 5:04pm
Workshop maps and local COOP? (split screen)
I want to play workshop maps in split screen.

I cant seem to get it working in game. There are some hacks to load the map with split screen, but no way to get it working like 'normal' coop.

anyone know how?
Showing 1-14 of 14 comments
< >
tanger2b 29 Nov 27, 2012 @ 12:03pm 
Get the actual .bsp file. It can be found in the dlc2/maps/workshop folder. Then put it in your portal2/maps folder. Use console command ss_map <mapname> to load the level.
|HR| Preowned Dec 17, 2012 @ 9:20pm 
Is there not an easier way? They really should have gone full way with split screen coop, as its a huge hassle to rename maps every time I finish a workshop map, especially on the TV with big picture.
|HR| Preowned Dec 17, 2012 @ 9:26pm 
Not only that, but you have to get the map to download, as they dont all downlaod untill your try to play.
tanger2b 29 Dec 19, 2012 @ 1:07pm 
And what if its a timing puzzle? Then people get ♥♥♥♥ed that they can't do it.
dextrian Dec 22, 2012 @ 4:38pm 
Originally posted by ¤CvG¤™ Preowned:
Is there not an easier way? They really should have gone full way with split screen coop, as its a huge hassle to rename maps every time I finish a workshop map, especially on the TV with big picture.

Realy hope that they are at least working on it, the local coop is great !!
When we finish the coop was like "hey, there is more?" , we look at every menu to find a way to play the Perpetual Testing Initiative ... and it was disapointing when we cant find a way to play it
|HR| Preowned Jan 24, 2013 @ 11:05pm 
Bump because why the hell dont they have this?
Bisqwit 32 May 30, 2013 @ 7:10am 
Is there any way to force download of the map? It currently won't begin downloading the map until you have a partner.
|HR| Preowned May 30, 2013 @ 2:56pm 
Not that I know of.

I REALLY wish they would get local coop workshop working :(
*C|Rx|T* CTCFiREBiRD Jun 15, 2013 @ 10:36pm 
I agree! I can't believe this is not easily available!
|HR| Preowned Jun 16, 2013 @ 12:29am 
Ya, its a bummer if you want to play on TV.
|HR| Preowned Jun 16, 2013 @ 12:29am 
Bump more for great justace!
*C|Rx|T* CTCFiREBiRD Jun 16, 2013 @ 4:26pm 
Not having this feature is also degrading other player's experience. I am doing the work around method which is causing me to initially download a map in game & disconnecting after match making with a player. I have had to do this for about a dozen steamworkshop maps already... If I were on the other side having to deal with people disconnecting on me, I would be ♥♥♥♥ed and would think poorly of the Steam Workshop. (I don't feel good doing this, but it's the only way to play these workshop maps on local controller co-op!)
jackloughran1 Aug 10, 2013 @ 7:20pm 
Could someone please elaborate upon the exact process by which you can play community co-op maps on splitscreen. Apologies, I am a relative noob here.
Richard Oct 1, 2013 @ 8:43pm 
Really disappointed it isn't simple to do this. Local Co-Op works perfectly for the regular co-op campaign.
Showing 1-14 of 14 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50
Date Posted: Nov 26, 2012 @ 5:04pm