Steam Greenlight

Help pick new games for Steam

Browse through the entries here and rate up the games you want to see made available via Steam

Submit your product
lokwas Nov 23, 2012 @ 4:25am
[REQUEST] Separate section for finished games
^that, please. Doesn't even need its own tab. Could be right below the "Browse by" section of the Games tab or a checkbox when customizing your queue.
Last edited by lokwas; Nov 23, 2012 @ 8:04am
Showing 1-15 of 25 comments
< >
Dyufufrau Nov 23, 2012 @ 4:39am 
No. This would lead to a natural vote bias toward "finished" games and the elimination of several business models like buying into pre-release games.
lokwas Nov 23, 2012 @ 5:00am 
Originally posted by Erinduck:
...This would lead to a natural vote bias toward "finished" games
Well, yeah, that's the point. I think finished games are more deserving of being considered for release.

...and the elimination of several business models like buying into pre-release games.

Hah, that's ridicurous. Elimination, really? Don't you think you're being a little melodramatic? Nothing would be taken away. It's just an added filtering option.

Last edited by lokwas; Nov 23, 2012 @ 5:03am
Dyufufrau Nov 23, 2012 @ 5:40am 
Originally posted by Lokwas:
...This would lead to a natural vote bias toward "finished" games
Well, yeah, that's the point. I think finished games are more deserving of being considered for release.

...and the elimination of several business models like buying into pre-release games.

Hah, that's ridicurous. Elimination, really? Don't you think you're being a little melodramatic? Nothing would be taken away. It's just an added filtering option.

No, it's not being melodramatic because this is exactly how a voting bias works.
Kristoffer Nov 23, 2012 @ 6:28am 
That is also the reason why they removed the whole "this game is % close to being greenlighted"
lokwas Nov 23, 2012 @ 6:45am 
Originally posted by Direktør Deng:
That is also the reason why they removed the whole "this game is % close to being greenlighted"
I don't remember being able to filter by top/worst voted games. Unless I'm wrong, THAT is not the reason they removed it. I wasn't following the forums, so not sure, but I remember that bar being broken. Has nothing to do with what I'm suggesting anyway.
Dyufufrau Nov 23, 2012 @ 6:46am 
Originally posted by Direktør Deng:
I don't remember being able to filter by top/worst voted games. Unless I'm wrong, THAT is not the reason they removed it. I wasn't following the forums, so not sure, but I remember that bar being broken. Has nothing to do with what I'm suggesting anyway.

No, it was removed because it influenced vote behaviour. They stated as much and even mentioned how after it was removed the votes normalised.
jeslyck Nov 23, 2012 @ 7:10am 
It will come a normalization after After a while, when the pool of greenliget games are large enough.
lokwas Nov 23, 2012 @ 7:37am 
No, it was removed because it influenced vote behaviour. They stated as much and even mentioned how after it was removed the votes normalised.
So you're saying people would vote for finished games solely because they are finished and not because they like the concept? I understand removing the green bar, people vote for whatever is popular without thinking. I don't think that would be the case for finished games. They're still going to have to do the work of checking the game out.
Last edited by lokwas; Nov 23, 2012 @ 7:38am
lokwas Nov 23, 2012 @ 7:56am 
Just so you know, most greenlight games already have release dates. If there was any unusual bias towards finished games, they would've taken that info down already. This is why I wondered if there was a filter back then for best/worst rated games. That would've been the only way you could compare my suggestion with the green popularity bar.
Dyufufrau Nov 23, 2012 @ 7:56am 
So you're saying people would vote for finished games solely because they are finished and not because they like the concept? I understand removing the green bar, people vote for whatever is popular without thinking. I don't think that would be the case for finished games. They're still going to have to do the work of checking the game out.

No, I'm saying that games that are complete are going to get a vote pre-disposition, just like how games that were closer to being greenlit were.
lokwas Nov 23, 2012 @ 8:47am 
No, I'm saying that games that are complete are going to get a vote pre-disposition, just like how games that were closer to being greenlit were.
/facepalm ...I don't think you read or understood what I wrote. You also don't understand why the unusual vote bias towards the nearly-greenlit games happened. You wouldn't relate my suggestion to it if you did.
Dyufufrau Nov 23, 2012 @ 8:52am 
/facepalm ...I don't think you read or understood what I wrote. You also don't understand why the unusual vote bias towards the nearly-greenlit games happened. You wouldn't relate my suggestion to it if you did.

No, I don't think you understand vote bias at all, especially since you're advocating a system that would DIRECTLY CONTRIBUTE TO IT.
lokwas Nov 23, 2012 @ 9:11am 
No, I don't think you understand vote bias at all, especially since you're advocating a system that would DIRECTLY CONTRIBUTE TO IT.
I understand what that means, and I've already explained why that doesn't apply here. Scroll up if you have to.

Your problem is that you're afraid you won't be able to buy alphas/betas? Is that it? Don't bring up the green power bar anymore, please. That's not a good argument.
Dyufufrau Nov 23, 2012 @ 9:18am 
I understand what that means, and I've already explained why that doesn't apply here. Scroll up if you have to.

Your problem is that you're afraid you won't be able to buy alphas/betas? Is that it? Don't bring up the green power bar anymore, please. That's not a good argument.

No, it DOES apply here because you're giving them a direct way to sort by this.
lokwas Nov 23, 2012 @ 10:13am 
No, it DOES apply here because you're giving them a direct way to sort by this.
Everything's been said already. Came up with a response, then realized I'm just repeating myself. The problem still seems to be your irrational fear of "the elimination of several business models". Everything after that I've explained, but I can't help you with your anxiety. Can you just pick apart something I said? lol Because all you do is repeat yourself.
Last edited by lokwas; Nov 23, 2012 @ 10:14am
Showing 1-15 of 25 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50
Date Posted: Nov 23, 2012 @ 4:25am