Steam Greenlight
日本人限定(JP)
何でもいいからしゃべろう
< >
Beiträge 16 von 6
Snaeng 19. Nov. 2012 um 23:44 
Please show some respect and write in English. :)
oh sory
JP onry ok?
Are you intentionally trying to annoy people? (ﺧ益ﺨ)
zb 20. Nov. 2012 um 10:00 
hayato3さん、ここは国際フォルムなので、英語でしゃべって下さい。
(hayato3, this is an international forum so please chat in English)
Gafgar 21. Nov. 2012 um 19:23 
Speaking of which… is there a forum for Steam or Greenlight that is not "international"? I personally feel that it would be sad to exclude everyone that does not know English. At least I want to welcome none English speakers as well (I can’t speak all languages, but that should not stop them from having fun with the games). Is there an intended way to interact with none English speakers in Steam, the community section or Greenlight?

As I read through the forum rules and guidelines I see nothing about language, or any of the sorts. So would it really be so bad if some people not comfortable with English were to speak in other languages, if they keep it to themselves (not invading topics in other languages and keeping to one language under one topic)? There must be a reason to why you can choose language on the Steam web page and browser, right?

Anyway, this is not a forum for random small talk, so this "Discussion" has no business here it seem, no matter the language. But I can’t see a real problem if someone talking Japanese tried to use the Greenlight forum to interact with other Japanese speakers about Greenlight related topics. I don't mean to be rude or anything, but have I missed something here?
Zuletzt bearbeitet von Gafgar; 21. Nov. 2012 um 19:35
I have nothing against discussion in another language. I have had a discussion with another user in French as well. However, I did translate what I said into english for those who wished to participate in the conversation as well. The problem with OP and similar threads is the EXLUSIONIST attitude that they have: "BR only", "JP only", "RU only" is a dickish move by trying to create an atmosphere where others can't participate, in an international forum.

If you want a place where others of your kind can communicate, than make the effort to allow others into your conversation as well. If you cannot be arssed, if you will not try and make the environment welcoming to others, we have no reason to reciprocate. I don't expect everyone from around the world to know english, in fact, I have no expectation for anyone to know any other language other than their own, we're egocentric people, but if you want to participate on an international forum, and expect others to accomodate you? Try being in the shoes of others, and be more accomodating of those you're imposing on.

That's why, if I hold a conversation in french on a topic, I provide the english translation as well, so that it doesn't sound like two ♥♥♥♥♥ in a circlejerk in public.
< >
Beiträge 16 von 6
Pro Seite: 1530 50

Geschrieben am: 19. Nov. 2012 um 23:29