The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
 
Find the best mods for your game
Finding and installing your favorite mods is easier than ever before. Mod-makers also enjoy a streamlined process for uploading mods directly to Steam. Click here to learn how.
walky610 Nov 17, 2012 @ 3:23am
modders needed
I have a great idea for a mod but don't have the skill, time, or resources available to make it a reality. Would love to see it be made though so are there any skilled modders who would be interested?
Showing 1-10 of 10 comments
< >
QuantumWings Nov 17, 2012 @ 3:50am 
Everyone and their pet dog has a great idea for a mod/game. They don't wan't or need yours. Unless you gain the skills to at least make a prototype, it isn't going to happen.
walky610 Nov 17, 2012 @ 3:58am 
ahh but my idea is a big one
jeslyck Nov 17, 2012 @ 8:03am 
Mod Ideas from the people that can't make 'em 800+ pages write it there
Cyrax 4 Nov 17, 2012 @ 8:24am 
Originally posted by QuantumWings:
Everyone and their pet dog has a great idea for a mod/game. They don't wan't or need yours. Unless you gain the skills to at least make a prototype, it isn't going to happen.

True that.
Flounce 9 Nov 17, 2012 @ 11:23am 
Originally posted by walky610:
I have a great idea for a mod but don't have the skill, time, or resources available to make it a reality. Would love to see it be made though so are there any skilled modders who would be interested?
Terrible pitch... You show basically zero commitment to an idea you don't even so much as hint at.

Originally posted by QuantumWings:
Everyone and their pet dog has a great idea for a mod/game. They don't wan't or need yours. Unless you gain the skills to at least make a prototype, it isn't going to happen.
Completely agree. With you amount threads like this pop up you should be able to hazard a guess at the response you'll get.

Originally posted by walky610:
ahh but my idea is a big one
[sarcasm] Ok, you've changed my mind! Count me in!! [/sarcasm]
J3X 12 Nov 17, 2012 @ 6:29pm 
Then sing your great idea. All the verses.
walky610 Nov 18, 2012 @ 4:03am 
Basically I am a fan of 'A Song of Ice and Fire' series by George R.R Martin and would like to see the world created in his books to be accessable in the world of Skyrim. It would hopefully add a fully populated world with quests, factions, unique items etc. Obviously this is a huge task but if done well, could be seen as one of the best mods out there.
Van Hicksing Nov 18, 2012 @ 4:33am 
No, people will not do your bidding because you are too lazy to do it yourself untill you give them money. That's how capitalisim works.
Cyrax 4 Nov 18, 2012 @ 4:57am 
Originally posted by Van_Hicksing_UK:
No, people will not do your bidding because you are too lazy to do it yourself untill you give them money. That's how capitalisim works.

Thats how humanity works.
J3X 12 Nov 18, 2012 @ 5:00am 
Originally posted by Van_Hicksing_UK:
No, people will not do your bidding because you are too lazy to do it yourself untill you give them money. That's how capitalisim works.
However, the realm of modding is not capitalism. What determines if a mod gets made is not if someone has the money for it; it's how dedicated the idea creator is or how good idea idea is so someone else will do it.

Originally posted by walky610:
Basically I am a fan of 'A Song of Ice and Fire' series by George R.R Martin and would like to see the world created in his books to be accessable in the world of Skyrim. It would hopefully add a fully populated world with quests, factions, unique items etc. Obviously this is a huge task but if done well, could be seen as one of the best mods out there.
But if not you have the time and resources, who have them? Skill can be learned. If you truly want this mod and think it's a great idea I'd strongly suggest that you learn something about Skyrim modding.
Showing 1-10 of 10 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50
Date Posted: Nov 17, 2012 @ 3:23am
Posts: 10