The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Hitta de bästa moddarna för ditt spel
Att hitta och installera dina favoritmoddar är nu lättare än någonsin. Modskapare finner också nöje i den strömlinjeformade process för att ladda upp sina moddar direkt till Steam. Klicka här för att lära dig mer.
MrGhoster 14 nov, 2012 @ 13:12
Brand new to Workshop.
Alrighty, so I played Skyrim on the 360 for a while and now I finally decided to buy it on Steam so I could get access all the fantastic things the community has created. My question is: Where do I start? Is there a specific order I need to install things? I got the two available DLCs as well, but are there any patches I need to look for?

Sorry about all this, but as I said, I am new to Steam Workshop. Thanks in advance. :)
< >
Visar 1-6 av 6 kommentarer
Dovakiin 14 nov, 2012 @ 13:46 
to download a mod that you like just press the green subscribe button,then launch skyrim wait until it says the mod has been loaded,check your data files to make sure it is ticked. btw ur lucky u had it on Xbox I had it on PS3!
Trogdor 4 14 nov, 2012 @ 19:14 
Uhh, where do I start. Grab some patience because you're diving into the deep end here.
Well, first I would say that for mods you find on the Steam Workshop, you can just hit the subscribe button and it'll download and install it for you. But for mods you get off of other sites like the Skyrim Nexus (which I loathe for personal reasons but it's the go-to place for mods) you'll need to examine the compressed archive file (.zip, .rar, .7zip, etc) you download, open it with a program like winzip or winrar or whatever, and manually extract things into the correct folders. Usually the mod author will arrange the archive properly for easy installation. When you open it, you might see a folder that looks like 'modname', or you might just find an .esp file, some bsa's, or subfolders named 'meshes' or 'textures'. If it's the former, open that folder and inside you should find the latter .esp and texture folders. Once you find that stuff, throw it in your skyrim directory's data folder. The .esp and .bsa's, if any, will then reside in Skyrim\data, and the meshes and textures folders, if any, should MERGE WITH the existing meshes and textures folders.
Trogdor 4 14 nov, 2012 @ 19:23 
Why is the above post so convoluted, you may ask? Because depending on what the mod is, it may have any number of the things I just mentioned. Some mods are just .esp files that manipulate stuff that's already in the game files. Other mods introduce new content, and so have their own meshes and textures. The mods that introduce new content fall into one of two categories. 1) Replacers, which include things like reskins and remodels. These take things that are already in the game and change them. For example, you might find a mod that changes the look of an armor set, and anytime you see that armor set, it will then look the new way, whether worn by you or by npcs. These types of mods typically don't have a .esp file, and just have mesh and texture files. 2) Standalone, which introduces new content without affecting the content that came with the original game. In the example of an armor set, a standalone mod will introduce either something completely new, or a new version of an old armor set that typically won't appear on npcs.
Trogdor 4 14 nov, 2012 @ 19:30 
Why am I telling you all this? You asked if there was a specific order you needed to install things in, and the answer to that question is maybe. It depends what mods you pick. Standalone mods will generally not conflict with anything. But replacer mods might affect how a spell works, or how much damage a weapon does, or the way a piece of vanilla armor looks. And if you have two mods that try to change the same thing, they may conflict. And in that case, you need to consider which one you want to 'win'. In the case of model and texture replacers, the files themselves will want to overwrite each other, and you'll need to decide which mod's file to keep. In the case of two mods trying to edit game data, when you launch Skyrim from Steam and that little launcher window pops up, there is a button called 'data files'. This will bring up your load order. Here, you can enable/disable mod .esp files, as well as re-order them. Only mods that are checked, or 'enabled', will be loaded, and it will load them in order from the top of the list to the bottom. If there is a conflict between two .esp's, whatever is loaded later, closer to the bottom of the list, will 'win'.
RatBag 16 nov, 2012 @ 14:16 
he is new he wont knowwhat esp or bsa is :) I would start off with a player home to get the feel for getting mods I did. Look on Youtube for idea on mods to
Ursprungligen skrivet av Trogdor:
Uhh, where do I start. Grab some patience because you're diving into the deep end here.
Well, first I would say that for mods you find on the Steam Workshop, you can just hit the subscribe button and it'll download and install it for you. But for mods you get off of other sites like the Skyrim Nexus (which I loathe for personal reasons but it's the go-to place for mods) you'll need to examine the compressed archive file (.zip, .rar, .7zip, etc) you download, open it with a program like winzip or winrar or whatever, and manually extract things into the correct folders. Usually the mod author will arrange the archive properly for easy installation. When you open it, you might see a folder that looks like 'modname', or you might just find an .esp file, some bsa's, or subfolders named 'meshes' or 'textures'. If it's the former, open that folder and inside you should find the latter .esp and texture folders. Once you find that stuff, throw it in your skyrim directory's data folder. The .esp and .bsa's, if any, will then reside in Skyrim\data, and the meshes and textures folders, if any, should MERGE WITH the existing meshes and textures folders.

ummm one question..can you give me some steps on how to properly download skse?
i wanna add more mods but i cant without the script extender right? thats why it keeps crashing 10 seconds in? youtube tutorials are semi helpful, but i still cant seem to install skse .
Senast ändrad av missßakedpyscho; 17 nov, 2012 @ 22:32
< >
Visar 1-6 av 6 kommentarer
Per sida: 1530 50

Datum skrivet: 14 nov, 2012 @ 13:12