Steam Greenlight

Help pick new games for Steam

Browse through the entries here and rate up the games you want to see made available via Steam

Submit your product
kalirion Nov 14, 2012 @ 11:33am
If Greenlight submission is only necessary for NEW to Steam developers/publishers, explain Primordia?
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=108108057

You'd think that after Blackwell Saga, Gemini Rue and Resonance, Valve would fast-trake Wadjet Eye Games' submission without need for Greenlight. What happened here?
Showing 1-12 of 12 comments
< >
wilco64256 Nov 14, 2012 @ 11:39am 
It's not only for new to Steam developers or publishers. Anybody who told you that is incorrect as Valve has never said that was the case at all.
kalirion Nov 14, 2012 @ 12:21pm 
http://steamcommunity.com/greenlight/faq/

Who should submit their games to Steam Greenlight? Is there another way to submit my game to Steam?

Steam Greenlight has replaced our previous submission process. Any developer or publisher who is new to Steam and interested in submitting their game to the platform should submit their game through Steam Greenlight.

So it says it's the only way for those new to Steam, which implies that those with existing games on Steam still have a direct line to Valve.

Is Wadjet Eye Games hedging their bets then by submitting to Greenlight while they wait for Valve's response?
Last edited by kalirion; Nov 14, 2012 @ 12:21pm
wilco64256 Nov 14, 2012 @ 12:58pm 
Yes it is the only way for "new" folks to get on, for publishers or developers who already have a relationship with Valve, but it may or may not be their only route. It probably depends on the nature of that relationship and other factors. Plenty of major publishers who have already put games onto Steam in the past have been forced into the Greenlight funnel as well.
Power of Seven Nov 14, 2012 @ 1:18pm 
The problem with Primordia is that Wadjet Eye Games got rejected off of Steam using their secret vetting process. Keep in mind that they have seven games already on Steam. To me this is a little insulting unless the game was just broken... which I find hard to believe.

I would rant more but I'll just keep it short by saying this: Visit their page and vote on the game. Voting is the best way to get results, more so than just complaining on a forum.
Last edited by Power of Seven; Nov 14, 2012 @ 3:08pm
Kristoffer Nov 14, 2012 @ 2:27pm 
This is keeping Knock-Knock from getting realeased, so yeah, I am a bit confused also.
InsertCookiesHere Nov 14, 2012 @ 4:56pm 
To quote from their announcement "Many of you are asking why we're going through Greenlight, instead of just submitting to Steam directly. We did submit it to them directly, but even though we have seven games on Steam already, they requested we put the game on Greenlight. As to why, I am not privy to Valve's decision-making process, and their policy is that they never give their reasons, so I am just as mystified as you are."

There are several developers on Greenlight that have multiple games on Steam already, Wadjet Eye isn't the first. My guess is that despite what the FAQ implies all indie developers have to go through Greenlight for all games unless their directly approached by Valve first.
Oakreef Nov 15, 2012 @ 2:46am 
Maybe their previous games sold very poorly and Valve is reconsidering the position they previously held the devs in?

Or perhaps Valve wants some games from devs of proven quality on Greenlight in order to flesh out the crap with good games in order to bolster Greenlight's reputation.
Last edited by Oakreef; Nov 15, 2012 @ 2:47am
Resolute Nov 16, 2012 @ 12:18am 
Maybe there new game just isn't good enough for automatic Steam admission. I know I thought the graphics look VERY dated and certainly not 'steam worthy' yet.
C0untzer0 Nov 16, 2012 @ 1:03am 
there's always the possibility that they had a limited term contract.
Even Nirvana were only guaranrteed 5 records.
C0untzer0 Nov 16, 2012 @ 4:40am 
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=99329141 another producer with a good track record.
COMET Nov 19, 2012 @ 8:42pm 
@Resolute eh I would say that it has a better art style and design than a few of the already greenlit titles. LOOKING AT YOU YOGVENTURES!
Thordred Nov 19, 2012 @ 9:55pm 
Originally posted by C0untzer0:
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=99329141 another producer with a good track record.

not to mention dtp Entertainment
Showing 1-12 of 12 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50
Date Posted: Nov 14, 2012 @ 11:33am