Portal 2

Community maps. For science.
Welcome to Aperture Laboratories, home of the Perpetual Testing Initiative. Easily create, share and play test chambers authored by and for the Portal 2 community. Do your part! Contribute to Science!
Ciirulean Nov 12, 2012 @ 7:29pm
Unknown Leak
When I try to run my map in Hammer it comes up with this message:
Area portal leak! File: C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\Portal 2\sdk_content\maps\preview.lin
I don't see how this is a leak though, because I bordered the entire map in a giant nodraw box, so can someone tell me how to fix this problem?
Last edited by Ciirulean; Nov 12, 2012 @ 7:30pm
Showing 1-9 of 9 comments
< >
1v1 me gay boy 32 Nov 12, 2012 @ 7:56pm 
Seriously, post these on thinkingwithportals.com

It means you have an areaportal in your map. Correct? The area portal acts like a regular brush for the inside of your map. There should be no visible path to get on both sides of the area portal without going through. If your map is extremely cluttered, just delete it and take the lag. Also, don't surround a map with nodraw, or any box for that matter. Seal it properly.
Ciirulean Nov 12, 2012 @ 8:38pm 
Originally posted by tanger2b:
Seriously, post these on thinkingwithportals.com
I don't have an eMail. You need to use one right? Either way I'm not even familiar with ThinkingwithPortals.com.
Ciirulean Nov 12, 2012 @ 8:39pm 
It means you have an areaportal in your map. Correct? The area portal acts like a regular brush for the inside of your map. There should be no visible path to get on both sides of the area portal without going through. If your map is extremely cluttered, just delete it and take the lag. Also, don't surround a map with nodraw, or any box for that matter. Seal it properly.
What is an areaportal? I'm modifying a map I made in the PeTI and I don't know if I ever made one.
1v1 me gay boy 32 Nov 13, 2012 @ 7:30pm 
An areaportal is a brush entity usually textured with an areaportal texture. Try going to the top menu, view, load pointfile. I'm not completely sure if this works for areaportals, so if it doesn't, go to the face edit sheet and replace all areaportal textures with an easily seen texture.
Too bad about the E-mail thing. That website is SO helpful.
BenVlodgi 9 Nov 14, 2012 @ 6:51am 
there are already areaportals in maps, and they will cause leaks if you did what tanger2b is warning you about... seriously do join ThinkingWithPortals.com
also dont edit PTI chambers, you will understand your problem much better if you just make the chamber in Hammer
1v1 me gay boy 32 Nov 14, 2012 @ 12:18pm 
Don't you need an email for steam?
SteventheSlayer 14 Nov 14, 2012 @ 12:36pm 
Yeah, I wondered that myself :P
He probably used his parents email.
Last edited by SteventheSlayer; Nov 14, 2012 @ 12:36pm
Ciirulean Nov 14, 2012 @ 3:11pm 
Originally posted by steventheslayer:
Yep.
Last edited by Ciirulean; Nov 14, 2012 @ 3:12pm
SteventheSlayer 14 Nov 14, 2012 @ 3:15pm 
Originally posted by Cadeη:
Originally posted by steventheslayer:
Yep.
I always knew I was phsycic.
At any rate, why don't you:
A. Use you parents on the site.
or
B. Make a free acount on Gmail?
You wouldn't even necessarily have to use the account for anything other then the site.
Last edited by SteventheSlayer; Nov 14, 2012 @ 3:16pm
Showing 1-9 of 9 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50
Date Posted: Nov 12, 2012 @ 7:29pm