Steam Greenlight

Help pick new games for Steam

Browse through the entries here and rate up the games you want to see made available via Steam

Submit your product
Offline Nov 11, 2012 @ 7:47pm
[REQUEST] We should have a 3rd vote option : "Not now" or something
Everything is in the tittle. Some games i just want to hold on to give my vote.
Last edited by Offline; Nov 13, 2012 @ 4:34am
Showing 1-15 of 33 comments
< >
Mister Four Nov 11, 2012 @ 8:40pm 
I know you what you mean. There are a couple games that I am not sure of. This is especially annoying when I want to follow a game but not nessarly interested enough to favorite the game.

The best thing you can do now is not click yes or not interested if you are not sure about a game. Just simply generate a new queue.
Last edited by Mister Four; Nov 11, 2012 @ 8:46pm
FrozenFire Nov 11, 2012 @ 10:05pm 
YES. I agree. It would be nice if we could "mark" games to come back to them later to decide, but not give a yes or no answer. If this becomes an option, there would be a new category that holds any marked games. Pretty simple. Greenlight could even allow for unmarking a game if so desired. Having these options would undoubtedly speed up my voting efficiency and it would make for a much greater ease in voting, not to mention managing and remembering games would be easier.

To be honest, I hardly even vote on games anymore, but I would be much more active in voting if this option were to be implemented.
TOP-Proto - Dominating Studios Nov 11, 2012 @ 11:36pm 
sounds to me like you guys are talking about a watch list.

be nice info for greenlight submissions too - favourites and watch list.
Offline Nov 12, 2012 @ 1:04am 
Originally posted by TOP-Proto - Dominating Studios:

not really a watchlist, just a vote option that will mark the game as voted for me and then come back as not-voted when their version or greenlight page is updated.

thanks for all your replies
Oakreef Nov 12, 2012 @ 2:03am 
Just bookmark it so you can come back to it later and downvote it to remove it from your queue.
C0untzer0 Nov 12, 2012 @ 2:18am 
Originally posted by Hade3:
Originally posted by TOP-Proto - Dominating Studios:

not really a watchlist, just a vote option that will mark the game as voted for me and then come back as not-voted when their version or greenlight page is updated.

thanks for all your replies
because nobody would ever abuse that system to keep on the front page.
Snooze^^ Nov 12, 2012 @ 5:44am 
i agree
Kristoffer Nov 12, 2012 @ 7:03am 
Wonderful idea.

I would love it if we could mark games as "not ready" and then have them show up in our queue a week later or so.

The problem might be that it further complicates things and that there are already few enough people upvoting/voting in general.
Skoardy Nov 12, 2012 @ 7:56am 
Is there any problem in Favourite-ing anything you want to revisit?
South Spartan Nov 12, 2012 @ 2:17pm 
I would realry appreciate a option like that.
jeslyck Nov 13, 2012 @ 2:37am 
yes i agree
Offline Nov 13, 2012 @ 4:33am 
well it's an official request then, i'm sending an email to Gabe right away.... no wait...
Transientmind Nov 14, 2012 @ 10:03am 
Originally posted by Direktør Deng:
Wonderful idea.
I would love it if we could mark games as "not ready" and then have them show up in our queue a week later or so.

Originally posted by Direktør Deng:
Your idea "I'll wait until later" button can't be anything but a joke. It relies on people actually revisiting the games after a certain period of time, adding even more time to an already annoyingly long waiting period. Part of the point of Greenlight is to test the waters and see what might sell, as well as to give people an opportunity to follow the game from its early stages.

Nice, Deng. Nice.
Skoardy Nov 14, 2012 @ 10:15am 
Originally posted by Watcher:
Nice, Deng. Nice.
Is it that you don't see the difference between an Ask-Me-In-A-Week option and your Ask-Me-When-The-Game-Is-Finished option?
Transientmind Nov 14, 2012 @ 10:17am 
Originally posted by Skoardy:
Originally posted by Watcher:
Nice, Deng. Nice.
Is it that you don't see the difference between an Ask-Me-In-A-Week option and your Ask-Me-When-The-Game-Is-Finished option?

The time-frame could be moved around, sure. For example, I'm not exactly sure how much development, bug-fixing, or feature-implementation can happen within a week. That seems unhelpfully too soon to re-evaluate your position on whether you want to vote for a game that you can't tell if it quite has the chops yet.

Not to mention that kind of frequency probably does a disservice to the devs who run the risk of fatiguing someone into simply downvoting and being done with it, rather than continually revisiting a game which hasn't been updated to their satisfaction/at all in the one-week time-frame suggested.
Last edited by Transientmind; Nov 14, 2012 @ 10:18am
Showing 1-15 of 33 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50
Date Posted: Nov 11, 2012 @ 7:47pm