Steam Greenlight
Favorite Slender game?
Of all the slender games in the workshop, what one is the best?

I'm goign with Legand.
< >
Beiträge 115 von 22
None of them.
Selfish 10. Nov. 2012 um 20:53 
His name is Slender man

Most look pretty terrible and seemed to have been thought of after "Slender" turned him into an unfunny joke.

Faceless looks pretty promising though, and it was in development before Slender came out.
Zuletzt bearbeitet von Selfish; 11. Nov. 2012 um 14:25
None of them
Also, considering that only one of them even claims to have the creator's permission to use the character, there is no competition.
It would be rather funny for one of these cash-ins to finally reach Steam just as the fad passes.
Ursprünglich geschrieben von Skoardy:
It would be rather funny for one of these cash-ins to finally reach Steam just as the fad passes.
After generating 4 sets of legal fees, that'd be right.
Faceless and The Orphanage.

Also, it's Slender Man, not Slender or Slenderman.
Chromie 11. Nov. 2012 um 20:53 
None.
Ursprünglich geschrieben von C0untzer0:

The fad that's been going for five years? I didn't know that fit the definition of a fad question mark?
Ursprünglich geschrieben von ríomhaire:
I wouldn't hold out high hopes for Valve greenlighting any of them, even if they get tons of votes, due to the uncertainty of the copyright of the whole Slenderman thing.

Considering the number of nigh-identicle characters that came before and after Slender Man, or at least very similar characters, the whole copyright thing is all over the place.
Ursprünglich geschrieben von ghastlyMeme L♎⦻:
The fad that's been going for five years? I didn't know that fit the definition of a fad question mark?
There'll be a fanbase desperately trying to hold on to their beloved meme but public attention will pass just like with every fad.
Ursprünglich geschrieben von C0untzer0:

By five you mean "just a bit over three" right?
There'll be a fanbase desperately trying to hold on to their beloved meme but public attention will pass just like with every fad.

Uh, 'meme'? Sure, it's reached memetic status, but it's actually more of a collaborative story told through videos and blogs. Memes refer more to, like, stupid jokes. Not entire mythologies.

Uh, 'meme'? Sure, it's reached memetic status, but it's actually more of a collaborative story told through videos and blogs. Memes refer more to, like, stupid jokes. Not entire mythologies.

That's not what "meme" means.

noun /mēm/ 
memes, plural

An element of a culture or system of behavior that may be considered to be passed from one individual to another by nongenetic means, esp. imitation
Well. there are two words that would make sense for Slenderman. Viral and socially infectious. There is a third more jargony and technical word, but for the life of me, I can't remember it.
Zuletzt bearbeitet von Yuga-Suggah; 12. Nov. 2012 um 17:40
While we're all here talking about nothing anyway, can someone explain Slender:Source to me? Like what would a physics engine add to searching set pieces for paper?
< >
Beiträge 115 von 22
Pro Seite: 1530 50

Geschrieben am: 10. Nov. 2012 um 20:34