Steam Greenlight

Help pick new games for Steam

Browse through the entries here and rate up the games you want to see made available via Steam

Submit your product
[Bad] Dude [Devil] Nov 10, 2012 @ 8:34pm
Favorite Slender game?
Of all the slender games in the workshop, what one is the best?

I'm goign with Legand.
Showing 1-15 of 24 comments
< >
Elizerection Nov 10, 2012 @ 8:36pm 
None of them.
Selfish Nov 10, 2012 @ 8:53pm 
His name is Slender man

Most look pretty terrible and seemed to have been thought of after "Slender" turned him into an unfunny joke.

Faceless looks pretty promising though, and it was in development before Slender came out.
Last edited by Selfish; Nov 11, 2012 @ 2:25pm
C0untzer0 Nov 11, 2012 @ 1:53am 
None of them
Also, considering that only one of them even claims to have the creator's permission to use the character, there is no competition.
Oakreef Nov 11, 2012 @ 4:08am 
I wouldn't hold out high hopes for Valve greenlighting any of them, even if they get tons of votes, due to the uncertainty of the copyright of the whole Slenderman thing.
Skoardy Nov 11, 2012 @ 7:39am 
It would be rather funny for one of these cash-ins to finally reach Steam just as the fad passes.
C0untzer0 Nov 11, 2012 @ 7:44am 
Originally posted by Skoardy:
It would be rather funny for one of these cash-ins to finally reach Steam just as the fad passes.
After generating 4 sets of legal fees, that'd be right.
Arale//Zero Nov 11, 2012 @ 10:40am 
Faceless and The Orphanage.

Also, it's Slender Man, not Slender or Slenderman.
Chromie كرومي Nov 11, 2012 @ 8:53pm 
None.
Arale//Zero Nov 11, 2012 @ 9:26pm 
Originally posted by C0untzer0:

The fad that's been going for five years? I didn't know that fit the definition of a fad question mark?
Arale//Zero Nov 11, 2012 @ 9:27pm 
Originally posted by ríomhaire:
I wouldn't hold out high hopes for Valve greenlighting any of them, even if they get tons of votes, due to the uncertainty of the copyright of the whole Slenderman thing.

Considering the number of nigh-identicle characters that came before and after Slender Man, or at least very similar characters, the whole copyright thing is all over the place.
Skoardy Nov 12, 2012 @ 2:39am 
Originally posted by ghastlyMeme L♎⦻:
The fad that's been going for five years? I didn't know that fit the definition of a fad question mark?
There'll be a fanbase desperately trying to hold on to their beloved meme but public attention will pass just like with every fad.
Elizerection Nov 12, 2012 @ 2:46am 
Originally posted by C0untzer0:

By five you mean "just a bit over three" right?
Arale//Zero Nov 12, 2012 @ 5:22pm 
There'll be a fanbase desperately trying to hold on to their beloved meme but public attention will pass just like with every fad.

Uh, 'meme'? Sure, it's reached memetic status, but it's actually more of a collaborative story told through videos and blogs. Memes refer more to, like, stupid jokes. Not entire mythologies.
Elizerection Nov 12, 2012 @ 5:26pm 

Uh, 'meme'? Sure, it's reached memetic status, but it's actually more of a collaborative story told through videos and blogs. Memes refer more to, like, stupid jokes. Not entire mythologies.

That's not what "meme" means.

noun /mēm/ 
memes, plural

An element of a culture or system of behavior that may be considered to be passed from one individual to another by nongenetic means, esp. imitation
Mister Four Nov 12, 2012 @ 5:37pm 
Well. there are two words that would make sense for Slenderman. Viral and socially infectious. There is a third more jargony and technical word, but for the life of me, I can't remember it.
Last edited by Mister Four; Nov 12, 2012 @ 5:40pm
Showing 1-15 of 24 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50
Date Posted: Nov 10, 2012 @ 8:34pm