Steam Greenlight
You are still broken... (greenlight developer)
"Concepts have their own category" - Where is the option to list my game here? Is it for new games only?

"widget-creator has been added under the "About" section" - Where?? http://store.steampowered.com/about/ Here? I don't see it.

"Official Greenlight Developer Group" - Sorry! An error was encountered while processing your request: This group is private. Please sign-in to view the group content.

Fail.
< >
1-15 van 23 reacties weergegeven
Origineel geplaatst door Stardog:
"Concepts have their own category" - Where is the option to list my game here? Is it for new games only?

Guess you missed the entire "Concepts" section with the huge "Submit Concept" button on it that you get to when you click the "Submit Your Item" button at the top of the page here?

"widget-creator has been added under the "About" section" - Where?? http://store.steampowered.com/about/ Here? I don't see it.

Try the "About Greenlight" tab at the top of the page, scroll down to the "Are there resources to help me market my game?" section and click the link for "Steam Greenlight Widget-creator" which is also very simple to find.

What was that about "fail?"
Laatst bewerkt door wilco64256; 7 nov 2012 om 14:33
Origineel geplaatst door ríomhaire:
1 - To submit an item click the green button that says "Submit your item" in the middle of the Greenlight banner. Then scroll down to find the big blue "Submit Concept" button.

2 - That's not the about section for Greenlight, that's the about section for Steam itself. Here's the correct about page: http://steamcommunity.com/workshop/about/?appid=765&section=faq

There is actually a direct link to the widget creator from the "About Greenlight" page.
There is still the crucial last one - the Greenlight Developer Group so we don't have to post amongst the masses.

If you read the question about Concepts, you'll see it's about a game that's already submitted the the normal Greenlight, not a brand new creation. The question is how do you transfer it.

And "About Greenlight" page isn't the same as an "About" page. This was a direct quote from their email.
Laatst bewerkt door Stardog; 8 nov 2012 om 1:45
Try contacting Valve support directly about the developer group. It works fine for me.

And why you would want to transfer something TO concepts is beyond me. It's impossible to go the other way, so you would basically lose your $100 (if you submitted after that fee came into play) and all votes toward being Greenlit that you have accumulated so far.
TomB  [ontwikkelaar] 8 nov 2012 om 10:54 
There is still the crucial last one - the Greenlight Developer Group so we don't have to post amongst the masses.

If you read the question about Concepts, you'll see it's about a game that's already submitted the the normal Greenlight, not a brand new creation. The question is how do you transfer it.

And "About Greenlight" page isn't the same as an "About" page. This was a direct quote from their email.

The Greenlight Developer Group is currently only open to those who have Greenlight Developer Access. So if you have paid the one-time fee that allows you to submit as many games as you want to Greenlight, you can join the group.
Origineel geplaatst door TomB:

The Greenlight Developer Group is currently only open to those who have Greenlight Developer Access. So if you have paid the one-time fee that allows you to submit as many games as you want to Greenlight, you can join the group.
My game's been on Greenlight since before the fee even existed...I just get an error.
My game's been on Greenlight since before the fee even existed...I just get an error.
Origineel geplaatst door TomB:
if you have paid the one-time fee that allows you to submit as many games as you want to Greenlight, you can join the group.
Seems pretty obvious to me what the problem is ;)
Laatst bewerkt door AusSkiller; 8 nov 2012 om 17:15
At least read the thread before necroposting it. TomB said it's only for those who paid the fee.
Origineel geplaatst door Mindwedge:
So the rest of us devs are now second-class Greenlighters? I read it. It's been long enough and I think the rest of us should get an answer. Are we second-class?

Um, yes. You didn't pay for access to a section that didn't exist when you posted your project, why should you be given free access to it now?
You already did on November 8. The answer was pretty clear - If you submit another game and pay your fee then you can get access. Seems pretty straightforward to me.
Origineel geplaatst door wilco64256:
You already did on November 8. The answer was pretty clear - If you submit another game and pay your fee then you can get access. Seems pretty straightforward to me.

What do the people do who have not more than one game? should they pay to get access to a forum? it seems wrong. It would be polite to open it to all ,who have a game submitted in the game section.
Jeslyck: the second game is only for the people that submitted one game in the free period. If they submitted 4 games during the free period they would need to submit a 5th so they can pay the one time fee.
I assume that if they were given access without having to pay they wouldn't need to pay for any future game submitted which would be unfair in the other way around...
Origineel geplaatst door GorlomSwe:
I assume that if they were given access without having to pay they wouldn't need to pay for any future game submitted which would be unfair in the other way around...

Exactly my point.
Origineel geplaatst door Item Submission Page:
To get started, you'll need to pay a one-time submission fee to grant your Steam account access to post and update games or software within Greenlight. All proceeds from this fee (minus taxes) will be donated directly to Child's Play, a charity dedicated to improving the lives of children in over 70 hospitals worldwide.

This one-time fee will grant your Steam account access to post and update as many of your games or software as you like within Greenlight.

Nothing there says anything about spam prevention. It all points to an account upgrade of some kind which was not promised to project creators before the fee was implemented.
Origineel geplaatst door Item Submission Page:
grant your Steam account access

If you didn't have access to something before, and after paying a fee you do, that's what we call an upgrade. You're making this out to be some really vague and confusing thing, when it couldn't be any more clear. Between that information from the Item Submission page and the very clear post from TomB on November 8, it's pretty plain that you have to pay a fee to get your account upgraded to be the same as everybody else who paid the fee. If you haven't paid the fee, you shouldn't assume that you should get all the same access that they do.
< >
1-15 van 23 reacties weergegeven
Per pagina: 1530 50

Geplaatst op: 7 nov 2012 om 14:27
Aantal berichten: 23