Portal 2

Community maps. For science.
Welcome to Aperture Laboratories, home of the Perpetual Testing Initiative. Easily create, share and play test chambers authored by and for the Portal 2 community. Do your part! Contribute to Science!
Ciirulean 6 Nov 5, 2012 @ 11:49am
The Activation Light (HELP ME!!)
Picture of Activation Light (that I designed): http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=106833710
I am not going to tell you exactly what this awesome light does, because it is part of a private project. But I need help making this so that when an object touches the light, such as a cube, it triggers something. How do I do this exactly?
Last edited by Ciirulean; Nov 5, 2012 @ 11:52am
Showing 1-10 of 10 comments
< >
My son is little bitch 29 Nov 5, 2012 @ 1:49pm 
This seems like something you should post on TWP, since most people don't check these. I'm not sure of any simple outputs, but I believe reepßlue may know a solution. The mod blue portals used light in portal 1 as a laser in portal 2. He had a cube fizzle when it touched the light.
My son is little bitch 29 Nov 5, 2012 @ 6:29pm 
I would recommend thinkingwithportals.com the most though. The most amazing mappers are there and check it daily.
Geneosis 89 Nov 13, 2012 @ 4:37am 
I have no idea of what instances you should use in hammer for that, but basically if you could create an invisible cube or cone or anything with the same form of your light and add a trigger on this cube (as for the Trigger Once and Trigger Multiple of the BEE mod), it may work ^^ So maybe ask Ben (creator of the BEE mod) about that...
My son is little bitch 29 Nov 15, 2012 @ 2:36pm 
Originally posted by Geneosis:
I have no idea of what instances you should use in hammer for that, but basically if you could create an invisible cube or cone or anything with the same form of your light and add a trigger on this cube (as for the Trigger Once and Trigger Multiple of the BEE mod), it may work ^^ So maybe ask Ben (creator of the BEE mod) about that...
What?

A few questions:
Is this light static?
Does the light go through portals?
I know you don't necessarily want to tell people this, but what does it do?
Ciirulean 6 Nov 15, 2012 @ 3:06pm 
Originally posted by Betswalkr:
Originally posted by Geneosis:
What?
A few questions:
Is this light static?
Does the light go through portals?
I know you don't necessarily want to tell people this, but what does it do?
Well, I don't really want to reveal this becuase it's part of a big project my team is working on and I don't want people to rip us off... but I suppose I could tell you.
http://steamcommunity.com/groups/icilaboratories#announcements/detail/1748781147839472099
My son is little bitch 29 Nov 15, 2012 @ 4:07pm 
I still need the first 2
Ciirulean 6 Nov 15, 2012 @ 5:09pm 
I still need the first 2
I don't know what static is, and I don't know how to make it so it can go through portals.
My son is little bitch 29 Nov 15, 2012 @ 6:56pm 
Does it move?
Ciirulean 6 Nov 15, 2012 @ 7:24pm 
Does it move?
It's just a light. So no.
My son is little bitch 29 Nov 15, 2012 @ 8:01pm 
Then try making a trigger around the volume of the light. If you ever decide to make it move, parent it to the light. You'll need to trigger it with a filter if you want specific cubes/physics objects to activate it.
Showing 1-10 of 10 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50
Date Posted: Nov 5, 2012 @ 11:49am