Rising Storm/Red Orchestra 2 Multiplayer
New Battlefields await you!
Find and download new maps, mods, and more! Want to try your hand at modding or want to upload your mod to Steam for everyone to see? Click here to learn how.
[ TDF ] Unknown Nov 3, 2012 @ 3:14am
New Tanks?
to example:
-Tiger
-IS
-Panther
-T34/85
-T 70
-StG IV

and more tank battle maps

-Kursk
Last edited by [ TDF ] Unknown; Nov 3, 2012 @ 11:34pm
Showing 1-15 of 30 comments
< >
Zephyr Nov 3, 2012 @ 3:41am 
I approve of more tanks, because the ones in the game already are getting stale
[ TDF ] Unknown Nov 3, 2012 @ 3:44am 
yes this is also my opinion
etlister Nov 3, 2012 @ 3:52am 
It would be awesome to see some of them, but I would set as prioritary to only introduce 2 more tanks if that would mean to see the Sdkfz or some russian trucks or the T-50 or other light tanks to support the infantry on mixed maps. That would improve gameplay greatly. Far more than having 6-8 tank models in tank battles.
[ TDF ] Unknown Nov 3, 2012 @ 3:54am 
Yes, this tanks are only examples and Ideas. But a better tank battle is also not bad.
Last edited by [ TDF ] Unknown; Nov 3, 2012 @ 4:03am
Dicenkomos Nov 3, 2012 @ 5:08am 
There was a lot of awesome tank models in that time, so it would be great.
MasacruAlex Nov 3, 2012 @ 5:36am 
that is why it sucks because of the tanks interior being so detailed, because now it'd take years for them to make a new tank, so they probably won't. Ro1 has so many vehicles and so on,
Zoldyck Nov 3, 2012 @ 9:11am 
all those tanks you propose wherent there yet in stalingrad, and they cant do kursk cause its focused around stalingrad.
[ TDF ] Unknown Nov 3, 2012 @ 9:56am 
Yes, but fans want to have other Maps (example D-Day (other discussion)). And you are right, this tanks were not in Stalingrad but in other, later battles.
Last edited by [ TDF ] Unknown; Nov 3, 2012 @ 9:59am
Circe Nov 3, 2012 @ 7:36pm 
What would be excellent would be to introduce authentic tanks of the period and not fall once again for the iconic tanks - tiger etc which were only ever present in relatively small numbers in a small number of divisions. The reality on the eastern front was that for most of 1941 and 1942 the germans mainstay tanks were Pz 2 and Pz 3 with relatively small numbers of Pz4s. Also some assult guns and tank destoyers would be great. One of the great things about RO2 is the realism and fighting against the limitations of ones own equipment as much as the terrain and enemy. So I support more historical realism and not 'favorites' that have been heavily influenced by military literature that is often biased and misguided. Excellent literature of recent times that gives a more realistic and balanced view of Eastern Front and equipment supply etc are books by Robert Citino, David Stahel and David Glantz. Highly recommend them.
RedReversed Nov 4, 2012 @ 8:55am 
Please.. Im not playing this game for a history lesson... I wanna have damn fun even if its not historically correct!More tanks would be great, whatever period they are from.
R5CYA Nov 4, 2012 @ 8:59am 
tanks are being worked on by modders working with TWI. you guys should head to the TWI forums for the real info. not here.
dasKraft Nov 4, 2012 @ 11:36am 
Halftracks, we need them too... and in general troop transporter to make huge maps like in RO1/DH.

I NEED MAH KÜBELWAGEN!
Iron Bloke [24pz] Nov 5, 2012 @ 1:29am 
early russian and german tanks, like BT-5, BT-7, T-26, Pz II and III. that would be amazing, also if someone made the correct mark of t-34 for stalingrad. (t-34 76(stz))
{MERC.1}PZII Nov 5, 2012 @ 8:01am 
the best thing about the game is that it trys too be corect with the Wepons and tanks in that time line,so if you like new Tanks, then we will see PzIII ,StugIII (short/long) some PzII for the German side,for Russian i could be T60 T70 some KV1 or KW1 ( as we in german say)the SU76,and if the and if the Team of TWI liks it soem lendleast form the US or GB like STUARD or LEE,maybe a M4 Sherman ,but that s all.
Last edited by {MERC.1}PZII; Nov 5, 2012 @ 8:02am
DerGrüneTeufel™ - Kämpft! Nov 5, 2012 @ 1:06pm 
Actually a short barreled Panzer Iv wouldnt be that hard would it?
The interior is the same.
Hope somebody consider sit for some more varierity.
Showing 1-15 of 30 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50