Steam Greenlight
IOS games on steam.
What do you think about IOS games comeing to steam, I think that there are some games that might make the cut but most games just arnt cut out to be on anything but IOS.
< >
41 yorumdan 1 ile 15 arası gösteriliyor
İlk olarak dman3599 tarafından gönderildi:
I think that there are some games that might make the cut but most games just arnt cut out to be on anything but IOS.
The ones getting a proper re-design for PC might be good but most look to just be doing quick and dirty ports so I doubt we'll see to many making it through greenlight.
Those that make the decision to put in the extra effort to refine their work to take maximum advantage of the PC gaming platform are those who are most likely to pass. Those that straight up port one game from one platform to the other without consideration for new possibilities, enhancements and improvements that could be had outside the limitations of the IOS are not going to make the cut.
As long as they put the effort to make it compatible with the PC then I'm down with it but if they just try to do a quick lil transission and put the game on here hopeing it'll click then it's obviously gonna be crap. Referring to AusSkiller's post...

İlk olarak AusSkiller tarafından gönderildi:
The ones getting a proper re-design for PC might be good but most look to just be doing quick and dirty ports so I doubt we'll see to many making it through greenlight.
Ironically my first encounter with Android was porting a mini-game from a PC project. I feel it's just a little slack to put exactly the same game on both. You should really build for the platform and use it to full advantage.
So far, I've encountered 0 (zero) iOS games where the author knows about the issue and explains properly how he's planning to "un-dumb" the game so that it won't be extremely shallow on PC.

So I usually downvoting them all.
this is one bump a lot of them don't get is they limit to an ios or an mobile/tablet game. and then they try to sell to pc. it's like having a game that looks like it was made for the ps1 and running it on a ps3. i remember seeing my one friend play left 4 dead on his old video card and it literally looked like a ps2 version of left 4 dead.

even if a game is graphicly compatiable, there's something to say about under achivers and ports from a lesser powered machine.
A lot of iOS games a too shallow (gameplay and content wise) to be PC games without a lot of work. Unfortunately, most of the devs are just looking for the cash in from widening their audience and put zero effort in to expanding their games.

I'm rarely impressed by an iOS game looking to make the move.
To be fair, a lot of these iOS ports won't be noticeably worse on PC, they don't seem to be making the best of their original platform either.
True.

İlk olarak C0untzer0 tarafından gönderildi:
To be fair, a lot of these iOS ports won't be noticeably worse on PC, they don't seem to be making the best of their original platform either.
Setting aside the quality issue (Standards and expectations likely being significantly higher on Steam then Google/Apple's app store), and assuming the game itself is of sufficient quality my only major concern with iOS/Android ports would be the interface. You can't simply copy a touch interface and enable the mouse and expect to deliver a decent user experience.

As long as the developer has taken the time necessary to adjust the UI/Controls for the PC-and keyboard/mouse (and optionally gamepad) then I'm fine with it.

Another issue some run into is that they don't give any consideration to the possibility that users may be running at higher resolutions, this isn't an issue with ports from the iPad but with dedicated smartphone ports then are just direct ports with no consideration of the display used you occasionally run into instances where the game either runs in a small window at native game resolution, or is blown up into a blurry mess if you run full screen because the art assets are all very low res.
En son InsertCookiesHere tarafından düzenlendi; 3 Kas 2012 @ 11:56
You mean like Pocket god on Steam for 2 Euro?Hell yeah!!
I would love to see stuff like Angry Birds, Blood Brothers, and more on steam. Some would work, some would not.
If a developer wants to bring there IOS game to steam or simply the computer I have no problem with it aslong as the producer takes the time to...

1.adjust the controlls
2.adjust the picture quality to a fullscreen capability
3.adjust the tutorials and opther mechanics that were created for the iphone for example, Block Story is a game that was first released on the IOS and I beleive they are still currently in beta and have a demo at a website for you to test it on PC. In the tutorial it says things like tap to place blocks and things like this that would be on the IOS but are the same here on the PC.
İlk olarak dman3599 tarafından gönderildi:
If a developer wants to bring there IOS game to steam or simply the computer I have no problem with it aslong as the producer takes the time to...

1.adjust the controlls
2.adjust the picture quality to a fullscreen capability
3.adjust the tutorials and opther mechanics that were created for the iphone for example, Block Story is a game that was first released on the IOS and I beleive they are still currently in beta and have a demo at a website for you to test it on PC. In the tutorial it says things like tap to place blocks and things like this that would be on the IOS but are the same here on the PC.
You missed "Not have a video which says 'For iOS' or is film of the game running on a mobile device. For Joe Pesci's sake if you want into a new market at least pretend to be interested"
En son C0untzer0 tarafından düzenlendi; 5 Kas 2012 @ 10:40
< >
41 yorumdan 1 ile 15 arası gösteriliyor
Sayfa başına: 1530 50

Gönderilme Tarihi: 2 Kas 2012 @ 7:03
İleti: 41