Steam Greenlight

Help pick new games for Steam

Browse through the entries here and rate up the games you want to see made available via Steam

Submit your product
tommo8993 Oct 29, 2012 @ 7:35am
Zombie RTS???
Ive been thinking the only major gap in the zombie games market is the zombie rts. I was thinking either a COH style game or something similary to CK2 where you control a country and you have to hold your nation together aswell as fight the undead. Opinions?
Showing 1-15 of 28 comments
< >
C0untzer0 Oct 29, 2012 @ 8:28am 
make one, post it as a concept, then ask again.
Oakreef Oct 30, 2012 @ 4:20am 
There's the Zombie Master mod. Team of human FPS players versus an RTS zombie master player.

But Greenlight isn't a request service. If you want one up here make it yourself.
C0untzer0 Oct 30, 2012 @ 8:30am 
Construct 2? I was with it right up to the part that said "Javascript". I aint never going back to that, man!
Funfy Nov 25, 2012 @ 6:45am 
I thought the same thing. So I started looking around and there just are not any good RTS games about zombie survival. So I started developing one about 2 years ago in my spare time. It's called Zombica (www.zombica.com) and it's a 3D RTS where you run around and salvage stuff, craft items, provide for the survivors in your camp, and fight off zombie hoards at night. I recently got a working sample but it's far from complete. I'm thinking about kick-starting for it. Anyway, let me know what you think. I'll be posting some videos and screenshots on the site in the next few weeks hopefully.
C0untzer0 Nov 25, 2012 @ 7:13am 
Originally posted by dominic.rea:
I thought the same thing. So I started looking around and there just are not any good RTS games about zombie survival. So I started developing one about 2 years ago in my spare time. It's called Zombica (www.zombica.com) and it's a 3D RTS where you run around and salvage stuff, craft items, provide for the survivors in your camp, and fight off zombie hoards at night. I recently got a working sample but it's far from complete. I'm thinking about kick-starting for it. Anyway, let me know what you think. I'll be posting some videos and screenshots on the site in the next few weeks hopefully.
sounds interesting, please follow through.
-1LowoL1- Nov 25, 2012 @ 10:32am 
I do not understand what you're saying, but I like!
Funfy Nov 25, 2012 @ 9:18pm 
lol. I'm just saying that I'm in the middle of developing a Zombie real time strategy game :) Cheers,
Funfy Nov 27, 2012 @ 6:51am 
Looks like a neat app but at a higher level than I was personally looking for. Shooting at dots doesn't really do it for me. The one I'm working on is intended to have more detailed content and focus on the survival experience. I haven't played zombie smasher so I can't say for sure but it appears focused on the combat rather than detailed survival strategy. Thanks for the response :)
Looks like a neat app but at a higher level than I was personally looking for. Shooting at dots doesn't really do it for me. The one I'm working on is intended to have more detailed content and focus on the survival experience. I haven't played zombie smasher so I can't say for sure but it appears focused on the combat rather than detailed survival strategy. Thanks for the response :)

I highly recommend trying it sometimes. It may give some neat concepts and ideas you can further expand to make your game a better game :D!
C0untzer0 Nov 27, 2012 @ 8:57am 
It's crazy good fun, but not so much an RTS, as so many choices are out of your hands.
Remember: If you are serious about making a game, you get to call playing zombie games "Research" ;)
Last edited by C0untzer0; Nov 27, 2012 @ 8:58am
Funfy Nov 27, 2012 @ 5:02pm 
And it's a tax write-off ;) I'll definitely give it a whirl. I got a crazy cool opportunity during a flight that I was on today for my real job. I sat next to this guy who is a UI designer and graphic artist for a huge software company. Just so happened I had my laptop and showed him the prototype of the game and get their input on the UI. I got some great ideas that I'll be integrating as soon as I get time. I'm traveling ATM but might find a few hours to hone the GUI. Cheers,
Me, Myself, and You Nov 28, 2012 @ 1:03am 
I've been wanting one for some time now. It'd be an orginal concept and I think would be a big hit without a doubt. But I think you posted this in the wrong place. I have all but the utmost respect for the modding community, but the game you and I are asking for is not to be done by some guy...or multiple guys for any matter. It needs to be done by a legit company. THQ with their work on COH and DOW I think would be the best bet.
Last edited by Me, Myself, and You; Nov 28, 2012 @ 1:03am
C0untzer0 Nov 28, 2012 @ 1:41am 
And it's a tax write-off ;) I'll definitely give it a whirl. I got a crazy cool opportunity during a flight that I was on today for my real job. I sat next to this guy who is a UI designer and graphic artist for a huge software company. Just so happened I had my laptop and showed him the prototype of the game and get their input on the UI. I got some great ideas that I'll be integrating as soon as I get time. I'm traveling ATM but might find a few hours to hone the GUI. Cheers,
That's not luck. That's serendipity, and having the guts and belief to show your stuff. I carried my game on a usb stick while I was coding various contracts until I found the partner I needed.
Showing 1-15 of 28 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50
Date Posted: Oct 29, 2012 @ 7:35am