Steam Greenlight

Help pick new games for Steam

Browse through the entries here and rate up the games you want to see made available via Steam

Submit your product
Ninefingers Oct 13, 2012 @ 8:29am
The Red Solstice
The Red Solstice

Looks like a nice take on coop-survival games. Should check it out if you fancy cooperative games, aint many games in the same genre out there.
Last edited by Ninefingers; Oct 13, 2012 @ 8:32am
Showing 1-15 of 15 comments
< >
C0untzer0 Oct 13, 2012 @ 9:13am 
How can anybody trust the insane ramblings of a Malkavian? We know they're ALL insane.
Sgt.Psycho Oct 13, 2012 @ 1:14pm 
I'm not sure, there's just something I don't like about it. Normally I love the genre (I still play Alien Shooter 2 Reloaded and Shadowgrounds all the time) but for some reason it's just not grabbing me.

I think it's a combination of the distance of the camera (decreases personal involvement), relatively slow action, relative ineffectiveness of the weapons and squad-based gameplay (which again breaks down empathy). The level design shown seems very generic and forgettable - lots of grey corridors and empty rooms. The tower defense(?) part doesn't grab me as I'm a bit over TD.

That said, it runs well, is well featured, there's a lot of fun blasting action to be had, and bunch of mutant scum to be put down. Well worth a look and I look forward to a demo.
Sageypoo Oct 14, 2012 @ 5:07am 
My favourite type of game without a doubt! It will all be about the game play for me, team work and strategy. It's difficult to see all this from the videos. The aesthetics and feel of the game will be a secondary factor, I hope there is an intensity and "edge of your seat" feeling which I'm sure there will be. I am very eager to try it.
danimand Oct 15, 2012 @ 10:35am 
@Sgt. Psycho - the camera can be zoomed it, but believe me when I say nobody wants to play with the camera so close. You can also unpin it from your player and move it around.
I'm not sure what you mean by TD though, there is no base as such to defend, you only need to survive long enough for a vehicle to come pick you up
Sgt.Psycho Oct 15, 2012 @ 4:50pm 
s'true, you do normally zoom out as far as you can to get situational awareness. The characters just seems a but small and impersonal at that scale is all.

When I said tower defense, I was referring to the game mode(?) where you defend a position with formations and set up gun emplacements/defences (hence 'towers') and try to stop waves of monsters. It just didn't grab me.

I should give it a shot and see how it goes. Video and screenshots are no substitute for actually playing the game.
Kova Oct 17, 2012 @ 4:01am 
looks nice and gameplay looks versatile, I'll try it out if it makes it on steam
AusSkiller Oct 17, 2012 @ 4:33am 
It's one of the few I upvoted :), I look forward to seeing it on Steam.
LevaOpaki Oct 17, 2012 @ 4:42am 
Looks nice. Upvoted ;)
Interc3ptor Oct 18, 2012 @ 7:03am 
It looks interesting, upvoted and I'm awaiting it on steam so I can play it :D
vjekus Oct 19, 2012 @ 11:57am 
can't wait,it will be a really fun making all kinds of crazy tactics and blast through hordes of monsters with my buddies,,thumbs up
Last edited by vjekus; Oct 19, 2012 @ 11:58am
Nobosaur Oct 20, 2012 @ 10:15am 
It looks interesting, upvoted :)
danimand Nov 1, 2012 @ 3:43pm 
@Sgt. Psycho - not sure if you misunderstood something or I'm reading your lines wrong. That is not a game mode. The game has no 'modes' per se. It's all a big 75minute session which you have to survive, but in it you can deploy various tactics to aid you in that. You can very well survive without ever bunkering up, if you come up with another suitable tactic
Cardinal^ Nov 4, 2012 @ 3:21am 
Looks amazing... greenlight this ASAP!
ifkapifka Nov 12, 2012 @ 3:04am 
Looks very nice! Upvoted!
GaryDave Nov 17, 2012 @ 6:19am 
It's about time more of this genre came about, alien swarm was sweet and there's been a few others have that made it into the spotlight, but not enough in my opinion! Upvoted!
Showing 1-15 of 15 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50
Date Posted: Oct 13, 2012 @ 8:29am