GameMaker: Studio

Find, play, and make games easily
Discover, rate, and download the best player-created games made in GameMaker: Studio for free. Or try making your own and share with the community. Click here to learn more.
Shadowsun  [developer] 1 Oct 5, 2012 @ 6:18am
Getting a Steam Key for Already purchased Version of Studio
If you already have Studio and wish to download and use it in Steam go to https://www.yoyogames.com/my_licences and recover your licence which will send you an email with your Steam key.
Showing 1-6 of 6 comments
< >
=(eGO)= CampingCarl Oct 10, 2012 @ 10:50am 
Hello Shadowsun, I'm trying to get my key, But its not alowing me to enter it into steam. Is there a glich with versions or does the standered 50$ not get a steam key?
chance Oct 11, 2012 @ 6:02am 
@Carl: My understanding is that any version of Studio should get you the equivalent version on Steam. I have Studio Pro and it worked fine. But it should also work for Studio Standard, according to the YoYo Games announcement.
Shadowsun  [developer] 1 Oct 11, 2012 @ 8:09am 
Hi, Yes chance you are right every version of Studio gets a Steam Key however you need to enter your current licence key into https://www.yoyogames.com/my_licences before you get your Steam key to use.
Northern Pike Jan 18 @ 9:55pm 
I've been with Steam for quite a while now. Has allways worked fine. However. I recently got the Studio version. Then paid $100 for the Pro version. Then followed the first tutorial and did all the stuff correctly. Click the Run button and BOOM!!! A big bad dialog pops up and says something about my AssetCompiler not finding a file. Something about the System.Core.
I had a feeling this GM was too good to be true. Looks like I'm screwed.....
[.;UbErZ;.] Andrew900460 1 May 3 @ 3:44pm 
I have a key for Windows, not for steam.

First question is... If I use it on my new computer, will I get the latest version of gamemaker for windows, or the version that i bought the key on?

Second question is... Could I trade in that Windows key for a gamemaker: Studio Standard?

Also, what is the Gamemaker: studio version compared to the Gamemaker for windows? Is GM studio more up-to-date than GM windows?
Last edited by [.;UbErZ;.] Andrew900460; May 3 @ 3:44pm
TheEngiGuy May 5 @ 5:51am 
Strange, I enter my email address in the field, I got the email but there is no Steam key, only license key. Steam key section is blank.
Showing 1-6 of 6 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50