GameMaker: Studio

Find, play, and make games easily
Discover, rate, and download the best player-created games made in GameMaker: Studio for free. Or try making your own and share with the community. Click here to learn more.
Shadowsun  [developer] 1 Oct 4, 2012 @ 7:52am
How to Play Games on Workshop
Select your game from the Steam Workshop. Click 'Subscribe'. - You MUST be subscribed to games you wish to play.

Open GameMaker: Studio in Steam. You will be given the option to Play Or Create - Select Play.

You will be given a list of games you are subscribed to. Select the game you wish to play.

Select 'DOWNLOAD' in the bottom right hand corner.

If you already have Game Maker: Studio (creator) running:

Open GameMaker: Studio & Select the 'Play!' button on the top right hand side of the tool bar.

This will open a list of game you are subscribed to. Select the game you wish to play.

Select 'DOWNLOAD' in the bottom right hand corner.
Showing 1-12 of 12 comments
< >
All Hail The Sloth God Oct 6, 2012 @ 4:17pm 
I select the game but it doesn't say to download. Its just there.
[GuηZ] Lucas Miηatza Oct 9, 2012 @ 6:11pm 
i cant play
[GM-C]Kalsowerus Oct 10, 2012 @ 4:28am 
After clicking 'Download' the Button says 'Play' and if i click on this Button, nothing happens...
DarkByNight Oct 10, 2012 @ 5:46am 
Try restartubg steam Kalso, that happened to me once.
chance Oct 12, 2012 @ 1:41pm 
I can subscribe to games, and they show up on my list just fine when I open Studio / Play. I select one, hit "download", then "play". But nothing happens. I tried several games... same result.

I also tried closing Studio and exiting Steam. Then re-started everything, but got the same result. Nothing.
Vladimir Putin Oct 15, 2012 @ 7:17pm 
what if i dont have studio can i still play?
MattchuDeePorkupineh 9 Oct 15, 2012 @ 9:12pm 
Originally posted by PrimaulX:
No. You have to download the free version of GMS, load it up, and hit "Play" to play them.
DarkByNight Oct 16, 2012 @ 11:45pm 
Originally posted by MattchuDeePorkupineh:
Originally posted by PrimaulX:
No. You have to download the free version of GMS, load it up, and hit "Play" to play them.

The good news is that it's a very small download and allows you to play any GM:S workshop game, and keep track of when a game as been updated. :)
mazimadu 1 Oct 21, 2012 @ 11:49am 
I am able to subscribe and download games. But pressing play does nothing.

I am using windows xp and running studio projects works as expected. What am I doing wrong?
mikey Mar 13, 2013 @ 10:41am 
I am having the same problem, not being able to play games I subscribe to.
FerociousDragon Jul 22, 2013 @ 7:50pm 
The menu that lets you choose whether to play or create is blackened out!
ChubertoM Jan 6 @ 1:21pm 
I can't play
Showing 1-12 of 12 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50