Steam Greenlight

Help pick new games for Steam

Browse through the entries here and rate up the games you want to see made available via Steam

Submit your product
flipp05 Oct 1, 2012 @ 7:13am
This is to ALL Develpvors i wanna see old classic games brought back
im almost 30 years old and i honestly miss my old NES / SNES / Mega Drive / Dreamcast (ok maybe not that one as much) / ETC ETC ETC and i miss the old games and love to see them back the likes of .... ok ok i just want dizy the egg back ..... ducktails be a plus too, with actually very little updated stuff as some of them annoy the f*&k outta me i do honestly perfer the simple games where the creators think more of game play then they do graphics sure in some cases we love better visuals and in strong cases it helps the game be that but some have it just to impress and have very little in the way of gameplay .....
Star trek birth of the federation (update the game, we could argue that Online is but it not the same by far)
Dizzy the EGG (just bring it Back)
Ducktails (update it)
Teenage Muntent Ninja Turtles (update it)
Theme park (better graphics but keep the actual style)
Theme Hospital (same as above)
Orginal Civilzations (with the Palace and throne room rather then what ever it is now)
Showing 1-15 of 57 comments
< >
Elizerection Oct 1, 2012 @ 7:17am 
I know of a game that should be here. What do I do?
Go contact the game developer and suggest that they submit their game here for consideration.
Sera Oct 1, 2012 @ 7:24am 
You want snes games for steam...? Jeez. Do you know there are emulators for that? -.-
CrimsonBelvedereDS Oct 1, 2012 @ 7:27am 
No he wants HD remakes of the old games, while still conserving the original style, flavour and game mechanics that made those games good, and then port those remakes onto steam.
Sera Oct 1, 2012 @ 7:31am 
Sure. And I clearly see Nintendo and Sega going out of their way to please the guy. Why destroy the classics? Besides, no one has the rights to do so.
DarkByNight Oct 1, 2012 @ 7:36am 
You are most likely never going to see HD remakes of most old school games.
I and many others frequent http://www.retrogamer.net/ and other sites like it, there are still many many of us playing those old games on emulators and even on the original consoles. :)
flipp05 Oct 1, 2012 @ 8:32am 
Originally posted by Sera:
You want snes games for steam...? Jeez. Do you know there are emulators for that? -.-

emul .... what now ????? tecnobabble no no :D
flipp05 Oct 1, 2012 @ 8:33am 
Originally posted by CrimsonBelvedereDS:
No he wants HD remakes of the old games, while still conserving the original style, flavour and game mechanics that made those games good, and then port those remakes onto steam.

yeah in a nut shell u just said it better
C0untzer0 Oct 1, 2012 @ 8:35am 
try gog.com, or home of the underdogs. Or you could download Gamemaker and recreate most NES games in about a month.
flipp05 Oct 1, 2012 @ 8:37am 
Originally posted by DarkByNight:
You are most likely never going to see HD remakes of most old school games.
I and many others frequent http://www.retrogamer.net/ and other sites like it, there are still many many of us playing those old games on emulators and even on the original consoles. :)

there that emulator word again ..... maybe it important ..... :D ..... yeah i still have SNES and the Amiga 1200 but sadly not some of the games due in part to a theft :@

the games i meantion in my first post is just ones on top of my head there are thousends more
flipp05 Oct 1, 2012 @ 8:38am 
Originally posted by C0untzer0:
try gog.com, or home of the underdogs. Or you could download Gamemaker and recreate most NES games in about a month.

ooooooooh i like this but sadly they too far back in my memory to remember what they were even like ....... but u know i kinda like that idea
Sera Oct 1, 2012 @ 9:11am 
If you don't know what an emulator is then you clearly have an issue. As for HD remakes, don't count too much on it, it won't happen.
CrimsonBelvedereDS Oct 1, 2012 @ 10:11am 
If you don't know what an emulator is then you clearly have an issue. As for HD remakes, don't count too much on it, it won't happen.
*dreams crushed*
:(
It's too bad, since there's a huge demand for HD remakes of classic games, but I guess the rights owners don't see things our way.
C0untzer0 Oct 1, 2012 @ 10:39am 
*dreams crushed*
It's too bad, since there's a huge demand for HD remakes of classic games, but I guess the rights owners don't see things our way.
You assume a clear rights owner, look up "Abandonware" and weep for Psygnosis
Sera Oct 1, 2012 @ 12:37pm 
*dreams crushed*
Well, I didn't say that to be rude. But my point was rather that everyone should know about it today. As for hd remakes... The original are still owned by Nintendo and the kind. Hence why I said I doubt you'll see the remake of those.
CrimsonBelvedereDS Oct 1, 2012 @ 12:45pm 
I was a simple joke, I'm quite aware of issues of abandonware and nigh impossibility of remakes of classic titles, and the rather stringent and intransigent behavior right holders like Nintendo has towards fan made remakes or other copyright infringement behavior, whether or not Nintendo themselves ever plan to do anything with the monstrous amounts of intellectual property they own rotting away.

It was more of a sigh of desperation knowing that classic games remakes may never see the light of day simply because their current rights holders are hoarding them away.
Showing 1-15 of 57 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50
Date Posted: Oct 1, 2012 @ 7:13am