The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Find the best mods for your game
Finding and installing your favorite mods is easier than ever before. Mod-makers also enjoy a streamlined process for uploading mods directly to Steam. Click here to learn how.
Frog Dude юѪ Sep 30, 2012 @ 1:10pm
Multiplayer mod?
So, been playing now for almost a year and am bored of skyrim and dawnguard as i've finished the game in many ways with many characters... But then i got to thinking, how cool would it be if one of you modders could create a co-op mutiplayer mod of say 2 players, one is follower and one is the dragonborn character or visa-versa. I think this would be supported by many players who feel the same, but as long as its not turned into a fps where there are 32 players on a map killing each other. Just a co-op would be great of say 2 players or 3.

Thanks.
Showing 1-7 of 7 comments
< >
Donkey Teeth 5 Sep 30, 2012 @ 1:26pm 
There's a multiplayer mod on the Skyrim Nexus page. One person hosts and any number of people can get on the server (they need the IP so its not like a bunch of total stangers will get on or anything.) There are still a few bugs, primarily, clothes,armors, and weapons don't show up on other players. Another issue is that all quests are tracked by the host. So someone might go complete the Imperial Campaign and nothing would happen. (E.g. Ulfric would still be in Windhelm.) At least untill the host does the quest. Also, there's no way to communicate with people in the game, so you would need to use something outside the game like the teamspeak client or something to communicate. The fourth and final problem with the mod is there's no way to interact with other people, if you want to trade your inventory stuff then you have to drop it and they have to pick it up.

So, while there are some isssues the developers are working hard to get it fully functioning. Also, you could wait around for The Elder Scrolls Online, which comes out sometime next year. It covers all of Tamriel, and is set years before any of the TES games.
Frog Dude юѪ Sep 30, 2012 @ 6:29pm 
Interesting, I'll have to look into this when possible.. I with the developers would post that mod here so it would be more available to others as well. Cheers.
CursePhoenix Sep 30, 2012 @ 7:23pm 
Like dbakes said. A skyrim multiplayer mod already exist but it's really buggy.
J3X 12 Oct 1, 2012 @ 12:37pm 
Originally posted by P1Staker юѪ:
Interesting, I'll have to look into this when possible.. I with the developers would post that mod here so it would be more available to others as well. Cheers.
Skyrim Online is on the Workshop.
Centrelink <3 Angie Oct 4, 2012 @ 12:10pm 
If only they made co-op or even thought about implementing it, I wish it since me and my gf could play this awesome game together then, and at least that way I would have someone to give my awesome armour that I make 100forge/enchant.
And most importantly someone to share my experience with since skyrim is a amazing world and why keep a follower when you can do things with someone else... brilliant idea hoping bethesda think about it for future games, just implement it and leave it there for people who want it, it doesnt have to be the main focus of the game.
'Jellyman' Jul 24, 2013 @ 7:48am 
Originally posted by Donkey Teeth:
There's a multiplayer mod on the Skyrim Nexus page. One person hosts and any number of people can get on the server (they need the IP so its not like a bunch of total stangers will get on or anything.) There are still a few bugs, primarily, clothes,armors, and weapons don't show up on other players. Another issue is that all quests are tracked by the host. So someone might go complete the Imperial Campaign and nothing would happen. (E.g. Ulfric would still be in Windhelm.) At least untill the host does the quest. Also, there's no way to communicate with people in the game, so you would need to use something outside the game like the teamspeak client or something to communicate. The fourth and final problem with the mod is there's no way to interact with other people, if you want to trade your inventory stuff then you have to drop it and they have to pick it up.

So, while there are some isssues the developers are working hard to get it fully functioning. Also, you could wait around for The Elder Scrolls Online, which comes out sometime next year. It covers all of Tamriel, and is set years before any of the TES games.

could you give me a link to that mod im okay with the bugs
RedComand Nov 27, 2013 @ 12:13pm 
Originally posted by Donkey Teeth:

Hi i want to ask if you have eny update or news in what you were saying about The Elder Scrolls Online part. I realy want to now if there still working on that project.
Showing 1-7 of 7 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50
Date Posted: Sep 30, 2012 @ 1:10pm