Portal 2

Portal 2

Community maps. For science.
Welcome to Aperture Laboratories, home of the Perpetual Testing Initiative. Easily create, share and play test chambers authored by and for the Portal 2 community. Do your part! Contribute to Science!
pepijndevos 2 Sep 28, 2012 @ 12:28pm
Laser does not hit targets
I am making this level where the laser is supposed to kill the 3 robots and hit the relay. The beam seems to miss the robots, and ignore the relay. http://www.flickr.com/photos/pepijndevos/8033574148/in/photostream
Showing 1-3 of 3 comments
< >
[GWJ] Chef Kexx 82 Sep 28, 2012 @ 1:29pm 
Very strange. I've heard of relays not working when they're placed on walls, but this is a first. The only reasoning I can find, is that a laser reflected by a cube is at the lowest point it can get near the floor, and perhaps, amazingly enough, the laser is going underneath the turrets. If so, that still doesn't answer why the relay isn't activating.

Weird bug.
tanger2b 32 Sep 28, 2012 @ 7:29pm 
I would try verifying cache, and making sure the laser isn't being reflected too much.
(I believe the maximum is 32 times)
pepijndevos 2 Oct 1, 2012 @ 1:59pm 
I rotated the bots a few degrees, so the beam does hit their legs, and after all 3 explode, it does trigger the relay. It seems that by barely missing the bots, the laser gets in a weird state.
Showing 1-3 of 3 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50

Date Posted: Sep 28, 2012 @ 12:28pm