Portal 2

Community maps. For science.
Welcome to Aperture Laboratories, home of the Perpetual Testing Initiative. Easily create, share and play test chambers authored by and for the Portal 2 community. Do your part! Contribute to Science!
Ciirulean 6 Sep 25, 2012 @ 2:58pm
Portal 2: Post Your Best Map Here
Have a really good test you want tested? Look no further, unless you're on crack, then you can look further. Then I, the incredibly handsome and intelegently intelegent Host- will then rank your very best test chamber and put them up here for the world to see!
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Rules (you have rules?)

The test has to be ones you made (sorry cheap ice-skates).

No stupid roller coasters (sorry SCP co-owners)

No posting more than one test (sorry people with AIDS)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Now, let's get to work.
This is a very similar discussion to anther one I made...
Showing 1-15 of 33 comments
< >
SteventheSlayer 14 Sep 25, 2012 @ 3:01pm 
Best as in favorite, or best rated?
Scrote 1 Sep 25, 2012 @ 3:15pm 
Last edited by Scrote; Sep 25, 2012 @ 9:53pm
Ciirulean 6 Sep 25, 2012 @ 4:02pm 
Originally posted by Scrote:
Stone Cold Fox
Go, do it now.
Post the map here.
Ciirulean 6 Sep 25, 2012 @ 4:03pm 
Originally posted by steventheslayer:
Best as in favorite, or best rated?
The one you think is the best.
camerson1313 123 Sep 25, 2012 @ 4:25pm 
I have 4 that I consider equally challenging, but since I can only pick one, it would have to be my coop map Temporal Distortion. The basic idea just came to me, but I made it so the puzzle gets harder the more you solve it. I would post a link if I could, but since I am unable to at the moment, I'll say it's the 3rd map in my workshop. Will post a link when I can.
moo-pig 5 Sep 25, 2012 @ 8:38pm 
I'd love for my maps to get more attention
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=85089146
Thanks for doing this
upgrayedd 11 Sep 26, 2012 @ 6:27pm 
Do you like really hard test?
SteventheSlayer 14 Sep 27, 2012 @ 8:21am 
Which rule is more important?
A. Portal 2: Post Your Best Map Here
B. No stupid roller coasters (sorry SCP co-owners)
Stagger Lee 65 Sep 27, 2012 @ 8:56am 
This is one I always liked. Some people who played it thought there were ways you could get trapped. Some people thought you needed to exploit to solve it and some people thought you needed to suicide to solve it. None of this is true, they just didn't know how to solve it. No ninja moves needed either. It is a pure logic puzzle.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=79338307
Last edited by Stagger Lee; Sep 27, 2012 @ 8:56am
Imaginator 31 Sep 27, 2012 @ 9:28am 
Originally posted by steventheslayer:
Which rule is more important?
A. Portal 2: Post Your Best Map Here
B. No stupid roller coasters (sorry SCP co-owners)

/set biasmode 1

Both rules are more important because they say the same thing. No rollercoaster map is a good puzzle.

/set biasmode 0

<insert polite, unbiased response>
SteventheSlayer 14 Sep 27, 2012 @ 9:55am 
/set_obvious_answer 1
No rollercoaster map is a good puzzle is true. They never was intended to be. However:
/set_biased-opinionated-falsestatement 1
No rollercoaster is fun.
/set_fake_coding 0

It annoys me when people make fun of rollercosters because they aren't puzzles. For the above reasons, I like rollercoaster maps. (In case you can't even read fake code, rollercoasters aren't puzzles, they are to give the use a fun time, something you don't find in alot of the puzzles in the workshop.)

Obviously yours is a rather biased discussion, for you on one hand say to post your favorite map while on the other hand you say to only post the sort of maps you like. And with that, I ignore this discusion, as my favorite of my maps happens to be a sort of rollercoaster. Do you know why? Because it's the most fun.
/end rant
Last edited by SteventheSlayer; Sep 28, 2012 @ 10:33am
Mothalius 11 Sep 27, 2012 @ 5:36pm 
Hey guys, hope you try this map out and enjoy it :) http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=97622345
Showing 1-15 of 33 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50
Date Posted: Sep 25, 2012 @ 2:58pm