Portal 2

Portal 2

Community maps. For science.
Welcome to Aperture Laboratories, home of the Perpetual Testing Initiative. Easily create, share and play test chambers authored by and for the Portal 2 community. Do your part! Contribute to Science!
Pie 5 Sep 16, 2012 @ 5:34pm
PeTI Wishlist
hey guys do any of you want something to be in portal 2? put them here if you want i will try to get VALVe's intrest to see this disscussion
< >
Showing 1-15 of 42 comments
Pie 5 Sep 16, 2012 @ 5:52pm 
Here are my ideas for PeTI: spinning crushy thing, breakable glass, moving walls, large faith plates, endless pits, glados cameras, voice (soundboard), turret droppers, tubes, bombs, glass with hole, faith plate direction changer, customizable antline for buttons, the BEE mod, the stylechanger mod, more pages on items area, portalable stairs, potalable moving plates(elevator), reflection gel.

and last but not least a setting for advanced or simple level building.
Not sure why you would need these:
spinning crushy thing, large faith plates, glados cameras, potalable moving plates(elevator),

but these would definatly add some variety to the puzzles:
breakable glass, moving walls, turret droppers, bombs, glass with hole, faith plate direction changer, customizable antline for buttons, a setting for advanced or simple level building.
crazya 12 Sep 17, 2012 @ 5:48am 
The ability to "extend" gel sources into pipes.
carol 16 Sep 19, 2012 @ 5:02pm 
Before adding anything else how about fixing the bugs in PeTi generated maps. For example you can currently pull cubes though glass and gratings in coop maps. Also if you place a vertical light bridge directly in front of a portal wall and then place a portal behind it you can walk through the bridge.

Lots of these glitches have been introduced in recent updates.

Once they are all fixed introduce an optional PeTI advanced mode which incorporates BEEMOD and more features. Biggest feature needed is a smaller block size and some new textures and decals would be good.
Pie 5 Sep 19, 2012 @ 6:10pm 
yeah i totally had to redo some of my levels because of some of those glitches

but we can stockpile them up for later
[GWJ] Kexx 82 Sep 29, 2012 @ 12:37am 
new issue found. Not sure if intentional or a bug, but I just found out while building, and it completely wrecked my map.

Frankencubes can't walk on grating, if the grating doesn't have a solid floor underneath (blocks or lightbridges). They just stay there, like if they were floating. I wish they could.

Also, they can't make the step from block floor to glass or grating. The glass and grating's thickness is apparently enough of an obstacle for them. Same with the thickness on floor buttons. They can't even make the cross from glass or grating, onto a floor button. Those pixels of thickness won't let them through. Same with laser grills placed on floor. Same with lightbridges, either way. They can't make it from lightbridge onto block floor, wether the lightbridge source is on that end or not. They can't climb stairs. They can walk down stairs, but will topple over on the bottom step.

They walk on glass, piston and track platforms, light strips, and onto faith plates just fine. They are also able to bang their heads against weighted buttons placed on walls.

Interesting little fellas. They'd be much more fun if they had just a tad more flexibility. I know the single campaign pins them as morons that can't even step on a button, but at least, give them the ability to walk on grating, please!
Blades 13 Sep 29, 2012 @ 11:05am 
Originally posted by steventheslayer:
Not sure why you would need these:
spinning crushy thing, large faith plates, glados cameras, potalable moving plates(elevator),

but these would definatly add some variety to the puzzles:
breakable glass, moving walls, turret droppers, bombs, glass with hole, faith plate direction changer, customizable antline for buttons, a setting for advanced or simple level building.
Decoration, storyline, unique etc.
Blades 13 Sep 29, 2012 @ 11:06am 
Originally posted by carol:
Before adding anything else how about fixing the bugs in PeTi generated maps. For example you can currently pull cubes though glass and gratings in coop maps. Also if you place a vertical light bridge directly in front of a portal wall and then place a portal behind it you can walk through the bridge.

Lots of these glitches have been introduced in recent updates.

Once they are all fixed introduce an optional PeTI advanced mode which incorporates BEEMOD and more features. Biggest feature needed is a smaller block size and some new textures and decals would be good.
I've never noticed a glitch, except the PTI menu merging with the Portal 2 menu.
Blades 13 Sep 29, 2012 @ 11:17am 
What I want to be in the next big PTI update: Crushers, shredders, large aerial faith plate, turret dropper, diversity vents, breakable glass, glass with holes, bomb droppers, moving walls/test chambers, styles, diagonal walls, maintainence railing, GLaDOS camera, gel pipes, reflection gel, endless pits, Wheatley monitors, Wheatley/GLaDOS, player (Bendy/Chell/Chell and PoTATOS etc.), panel movement, incinerator, signs, smaller block size, soundboard, portal gun selection (none, Blue only, P-Body, Atlas and normal), defective turrets, out of bounds (behind the scenes etc) and Wheatley/Craig/Rick/Space Core. (on rail, not on rail).
Blades 13 Sep 29, 2012 @ 11:18am 
Originally posted by insanityprovoker:
The ability to "extend" gel sources into pipes.
I agree, the gel is used in the pipes in all of the game expect Chapter 8.
This is probably related more to the workshop than the editor but how about challenge statistics (fasted time/fewest portals) for PeTI maps? For the editor itself, breakable monitors would be fun too. I think adding different goals gives players a reason to replay maps and find different solutions.
Last edited by Butters Stotch; Oct 1, 2012 @ 2:05pm
Donderbus 24 Oct 1, 2012 @ 10:50pm 
good one Butters. And it makes it for builders clear if there are unintended solutions if someone solved their test with 2 portals :D
Pie 5 Oct 2, 2012 @ 4:42am 
quickplay for the maps that you have suscribed yo but havent played
this way i wouldent run into any rollercoasters
upgrayedd 11 Oct 2, 2012 @ 3:18pm 
I would like be able to use 1/4 of a block frame, 1/2, 3/4 and 45 degree.
Conundrum 90 Oct 3, 2012 @ 9:23pm 
I probably want crushers, Wheatly moniters, GLaDOS soundtrack, camaras, fast funnels, custom music, catwalks, 10x/20x smaller glass panes, moving portalble platforms and maybe even, if possible, GLaDOS moniters, portalble light bridges, 180 degree pannels and jetpack cubes. LOL.
Last edited by Conundrum; Oct 3, 2012 @ 9:25pm
< >
Showing 1-15 of 42 comments
Per page: 15 30 50

Date Posted: Sep 16, 2012 @ 5:34pm