Steam Greenlight
Blockland - That game where you build stuff
Blockland is an online open-world sandbox building game

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=95710780

It has a free demo version and a community of just over 30,000 players

Many years of work was put into the game, and has kept me interested in it since day 1

The benefits of buying the full version include;

- No monthly payment

- Multiplayer

- The ability to build up to 256,000 bricks with others

you can find other videos on the official channel

http://www.youtube.com/user/Blockland/videos?view=0

please help us get on greenlight, it would benefit blockland and its creator tremendously

Отредактировано siba; 13 сен. 2012 г. в 13:22
< >
Сообщения 115 из 114
Are you on the team? If yes, why are you so close to Lego?
I'll bite and ask the really, really obvious question. Why should I play this instead of Minecraft?

I'm not saying this is rubbish or anything, but it also doesn't appear on the surface to offer anything over and above what the leader in this genre does.
I'm pretty sure (without looking into it really deeply) that this game was around before Minecraft was, and it looks like it has a lot more customization-type things.

The real question is "Does it has zombees??"

I already voted this up btw.

And I think it's cool that it looks like Lego's, it's not really like Lego owns a patent on blocks that can be stuck together anyway.
Ok... hmm... maybe it is too complex and Minecraft had more sucsess because of its minimalism?
Автор сообщения: Sgt.Psycho
I'll bite and ask the really, really obvious question. Why should I play this instead of Minecraft?

I'm not saying this is rubbish or anything, but it also doesn't appear on the surface to offer anything over and above what the leader in this genre does.

Oh boy, where do I start...
>Eventing system which can create incredible interactive builds (See:BlockoMyst)
>Really ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ smooth combat (Runs on the same engine as Tribes 2)
>Oh boy, dem details
>Tons of easy to install mods

Hell, Blockland is a completley different genre to minecraft.
Автор сообщения: Mech Nexus
Автор сообщения: Sgt.Psycho

Oh boy, where do I start...
>Eventing system which can create incredible interactive builds (See:BlockoMyst)
>Really ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ smooth combat (Runs on the same engine as Tribes 2)
>Oh boy, dem details
>Tons of easy to install mods

Hell, Blockland is a completley different genre to minecraft.

Did you check out the Source Engine or other game engines? I think they have a bit more to offer?
(edit) sorry I just want to state an opinion on why I think Minecraft has sucsess, don'
t want to down this because I do believe that some folks can enjoy it ....
Отредактировано James; 13 сен. 2012 г. в 13:52
Blockland manages to be indepth and simplistic at the same time.
Didnt look simple with like choosing HDRR filters for skyboxing... Hi Dynamic Range Rendering isn't simple (mening there seem to be thousands of options)
Отредактировано James; 13 сен. 2012 г. в 13:54
This is a fantastic game. Blockland allows you to do what you want. There's really no other way to put it. If you want to create a massive RPG, go ahead. If you want to make a space-themed TDM, nobody's stopping you. If you want to build a nice little town or neighborhood, do it.

Hell, a short list of servers might contain:
- Trench TDM (Dig out tunnels, bunkers, trenches, and build towers and walls to defend your team.)
- City RP (Become a judge, a shopkeeper, a policeman, a criminal, or many others, then build your house or shop, and live the life you want to.)
- Grapple Knife TDM (Use a ropeswing and a butterfly knife to navigate your way through floating platforms while fighting for your life.)
- Kniaz's The BluZone (A zombie themed RP server where dozens of players try to survive in the infamous BluZone, surrounded by zombies and a less-than-friendly military.)
That's what I ment ... I think a lot of game engines do a better job if you want to get more complex ?
Lego actually requested to buy the game off of his very first version; he used actual lego models back then, but the game was free so he didn't get in any legal trouble

The newer style is to simulate legos, but to slip around the copyrighted material and such

forgot to mention; the add-on system is really easy to adapt to and modifications to most of the game is 100% possible
Отредактировано siba; 13 сен. 2012 г. в 13:59
Автор сообщения: Always Geeky
Wait... is this lego?
It's based off LEGOs (many LEGO bricks)
http://forum.blockland.us/index.php?topic=77967.0

This topic also sheds some more light on the vast majority of building possibilities

and on the subject of the community; its full of relatively mature players
Отредактировано siba; 13 сен. 2012 г. в 14:03
I'm not being a dismissive fanboi here, I'm asking a genuine question. This is like asking why should I give up Counter-strike for <newgenericsquadshootername>? Yes, Minecraft does not have a lock on voxel-based building games, yes I have upvoted other games of this type.

I direct the same question at Vox as at Blockland - what does it offer that is different? Give me a reason to 'upgrade'. In the same vein as the example above, I don't buy every new shooter because"hey, guns!", nor am I likely to buy every new voxel-based-builder because, "hey, blocks!"

Atm, I am seeing
  • BL, events
  • BL, block physics
  • BL, fully customisable world environment
  • BL, Dynamic shadows
  • Vox, customisation with in-game-editor
  • Both, more unique blocks

MC has MP, mods, decent combat, day/night cycles, and so forth. The feature lists of all three appear almost identical to me. As for Blockland not being the same genre? It's a block-based building game with combat elements. To me, the game play appears to be functionally identical, hence the same genre.

Again, I'm not saying these are not competent games in their own right, and in fact for building, Blockland is clearly a superior builder, but again, to repeat my question, asides from superficially similar appearance what makes these games distinct and worthwhile?

@siba, when the 'relatively mature' community is coming up with comments like:

"Glass 41 minutes ago
I swear, If some Robloxian comes on here. I will suicide by stab. Also. I bet we only have 1% of necessary votes because Roblox ♥♥♥♥ are voting us down. ;-; (if thats how the voting system works..?)"

"Geno 1 hour ago @connor-jones45
kill yourself please

Tonkka 51 minutes ago@connor-jones45
Are you ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ kidding me?

Mold 53 minutes ago @connor-jones45
You are so dumb that I don't even have a word to describe it.

TepidEvent 53 minutes ago @connor-jones45
Please proceed to take a rock and smash it repeatedly on your head."

...that makes me doubt that statement.

To be fair, conner-jones45 provoked them with the disparaging and non-constructive comment
"connor-jones45 1 hour ago
total rip of mine craft"
(Source: Blockland Greenlight comments)
Отредактировано Psycho; 13 сен. 2012 г. в 14:31
< >
Сообщения 115 из 114
Показывать на странице: 1530 50

Дата создания: 13 сен. 2012 г. в 13:22