Steam Greenlight

Help pick new games for Steam

Browse through the entries here and rate up the games you want to see made available via Steam

Submit your product
Kosmonávt Tomaš Sep 11, 2012 @ 8:47am
Autoplaying youtube videos.
Oh, please, make it stop! I hate it. I like to open some tabs with greenlights and when every page I opened tries to play its video - this is awful and blows up my brain and ears.
Showing 1-15 of 37 comments
< >
Lurid Sep 11, 2012 @ 8:57am 
Originally posted by FireSlash:
Youtube is pretty good about remembering your volume preferences. (Turn the volume down to 0, it doesn't remember if you clicked "mute" for some reason.)

Annoyingly it does seem to use the same volume setting everywhere, which is a bit annoying; so I'll work on getting out some code to toggle the autoplay behavior.
Kosmonávt Tomaš Sep 11, 2012 @ 9:07am 
Earlier was pretty good: page showed screenshots by default. So why it was changed? :(
Kamrat Sep 11, 2012 @ 9:36am 
Yes, I agree, it was better before. I don't get why they changed it.
PanVlk Sep 11, 2012 @ 9:49am 
Yes, it's annoying as hell.
LoneWolfDon Sep 11, 2012 @ 10:06am 
Agreed. Don't know why's it's changed. I much prefer the way it was before that it went to the screen-shots first, then only played a video when I chose to.
pwc bigd Sep 11, 2012 @ 10:06am 
As someone that is trying to get a game Greenlighted, I like this better. 99% of the people that did a thumbs up/down on my game didn't even watch the trailer or play the demo.
Kosmonávt Tomaš Sep 11, 2012 @ 10:09am 
Originally posted by pwc bigd:
As someone that is trying to get a game Greenlighted, I like this better. 99% of the people that did a thumbs up/down on my game didn't even watch the trailer or play the demo.
I have no reason to open Greenlight at all if it is annoying me.
pwc bigd Sep 11, 2012 @ 10:11am 
@herohascome auto playing the trailer is standard in the store, why is it an issue here?
innovacious.txt Sep 11, 2012 @ 10:16am 
@herohascome auto playing the trailer is standard in the store, why is it an issue here?

It was an issue in the store for many people, thats why there is an option. http://i.imgur.com/vlqbt.png
Kosmonávt Tomaš Sep 11, 2012 @ 10:16am 
I can disable it in the store. And I did disable it in the store. And I can't disable it in Greenlight.
pwc bigd Sep 11, 2012 @ 10:17am 
@herohascome Ah, agreed! It should be optional.
ChrisK Sep 11, 2012 @ 11:02am 
A button to toggle this behavior will be added later today.

Probably.
Kosmonávt Tomaš Sep 11, 2012 @ 11:08am 

Probably.
Great news! :D
Probably.
[Xfire] WonderGamer Sep 11, 2012 @ 11:11am 
I've noticed this as well. I'll be happy when it's no longer an issue.
innovacious.txt Sep 11, 2012 @ 11:46am 

Probably.

Thanks!

Probably.
Showing 1-15 of 37 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50
Date Posted: Sep 11, 2012 @ 8:47am