This week's challenge is Turrets. They're cute, they're friendly, they're deadly.
Can you use them effectively in your puzzles?
Rules for this challenge:
1. Your puzzle must contain at least 3 turrets (more permitted).
2. All 3 of the minimum turrets must be guarding SOMETHING needed to solve the puzzle: An element, room, portal wall, etc.
3. All 3 of the minimum turrets must be defeated by different methods. EXAMPLE: If the player can use a laser to kill the first turret, the player will not be able to use the laser on your second & third turrets.
4. Absolutely NO instagib allowed. "Congratulations, you're dead!" is not a fun use of turrets; they are to be obstacles between goals, not punishment just for exploring.http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=instagib
To submit puzzles to this challenge, link them on this thread.
The three best entries will be selected and featured on the Monday Madness episode of the Portal2Cast, 9-10-12.
Puzzles are graded on:
1. Presentation & Lighting: Is it pretty?
2. Navigation & Layout: Is it needlessly hard to traverse for reasons unrelated to solving?
3. Transparency: Does the player have obvious goals? Is it clear what everything does?
4. Elements-to-Difficulty Ratio: The harder your test is to solve, the fewer elements it should contain. (Anyone can make a test so clogged with buttons and triggers that it's hard to see what to do.)
5. Playtesting: Can your test be beaten in unintended ways?
6. Did it meet the requirements for the challenge?
Good luck, and as always, thanks for mapping!
The Portal2Cast is a 15-minute daily show with one goal: Making you a better builder.www.youtube.com/user/portal2cast