Steam Greenlight

Help pick new games for Steam

Browse through the entries here and rate up the games you want to see made available via Steam

Submit your product
Alexspeed Sep 3, 2012 @ 2:31pm
[Suggestion] Please improve the sorting of games in a collection
When you make a collection and add games to it, you can sort them in any order you like, that is great and i have made a big collection myself to help pepole find good stuff.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=93555566

Now i would like to sort my collection after game genres because it has passed more than 100 games. The problem is that the list where you order the titles resets after every move of an item, so its very time consuming and annoying to sort that list. I actually gave up on that for now just for that reason.

Please could you make it like the wishlist on the steam profile where you can drag n drop items? Or at least not refesh the list after every moving?

That would improve usability a lot, thx.
Last edited by Alexspeed; Sep 3, 2012 @ 2:39pm
Showing 1-15 of 22 comments
< >
Alexspeed Sep 3, 2012 @ 7:17pm 
I hope this gets seen by someone who can do something about it, because its really bugging me. I feel i am doing a disservice with my collection if its not propperly sorted.

I am aware this dosent affect alot of pepole (only the collection owners) but i feel we are doing a good service for the community as a whole and so the suggestion should be looked after.
Last edited by Alexspeed; Sep 3, 2012 @ 7:21pm
Dahmok Sep 4, 2012 @ 12:11am 
I agree, its fine if greenlight wants to randomly present the games, but collection owners should be able to easily list their choices.
Alexspeed Sep 4, 2012 @ 6:13am 
Thx Dahmok. We can sort lists, but its uncomfortable and impractical for lists with more than like 20-30 items.

Please Valve tell me youre improving this =)
[Xfire] WonderGamer Sep 4, 2012 @ 6:18am 
Sounds good to me. Personally I'd like to sort by date/time added, alphabetically & current progress towards getting added.
Alexspeed Sep 4, 2012 @ 6:24am 
Originally posted by WonderGamer:
Sounds good to me. Personally I'd like to sort by date/time added, alphabetically & current progress towards getting added.

Actually, yes, if the visitor of a collection could define the genres he wants to see, in that collection himself, that would be nice as well.
Alexspeed Sep 6, 2012 @ 9:25pm 
Bump, i hope this gets improved, its still a pain to sort the list. =(
CarlinFan Sep 7, 2012 @ 1:58am 
Bumpity Boo...
Alexspeed Sep 8, 2012 @ 8:52pm 
bump
InsertCookiesHere Sep 8, 2012 @ 9:29pm 
Yeah, I didn't even bother sorting my collection as it's far too time consuming if you have more then a handful of titles in it.
I'd far prefer it if we could just drag and drop, or key in a number for what order we want them in.
Alexspeed Sep 11, 2012 @ 6:50am 
Thank you for the support, i hope it will be looked at for the next greenlight update.
Steel Sep 11, 2012 @ 8:42am 
Collections need some improvements for sure, they could add some sorting options or just limit the number of games in a collection. Because a collection with to many games is probably a little bit useless.
Alexspeed Jan 10, 2013 @ 7:11pm 
I updated my Collection today and saw that the sorting is still not improved...
I am dissapointed and think Valve should really improve this.

Collections help alot of users to find votable games, we are doing staffs work with our collections, and yet we get no improvments to make the job easier... Its really sad.
Thordred Jan 10, 2013 @ 8:28pm 
That the page resets when you move an item is inconvenient.

I also agree with:
Originally posted by Steel:
Collections need some improvements for sure, they could add some sorting options or just limit the number of games in a collection. Because a collection with to many games is probably a little bit useless.

*edited because OP felt offended by original post.
Last edited by Thordred; Jan 10, 2013 @ 10:46pm
Alexspeed Jan 10, 2013 @ 10:00pm 
Originally posted by Thordred:
That the page resets when you move an item is inconvenient.

I also agree with:
Originally posted by Steel:
Because a collection with to many games is probably a little bit useless.
And collections that lump too many different genres together are pointless in my opinion.

Collections can be useful when you don't want to take the time to browse through all Greenlight submissions yourself and prefer to let others separate the wheat from the chaff for you. Large collections do nothing for you in this regard.

I just created 4 different collections for 4 different genres and made them "Top-10-lists" that I update regularly.

So you come to my suggestion thread to promote your collections, and diss mine because i have "too many games" in it?

First, This is off topic, and totally uncalled for.

Secondly, I can make my collection the way i see fit. Who are you to tell me i cant find 150 or 200 games that would be worth playing in the more than 1000 on greenlight?
If you dont like my collection or dont see use in it, move on.
Tastes are different, simple as that.

I spent quite some hours going over and over through all the entries in Greenlight to get my collection together, and I know for a fact that i helped numerous pepole since greenlight has launched with it.

Thats good enough for me. All i want is propper support from Valve to make the managment more easy and less time consuming.
Thordred Jan 10, 2013 @ 10:27pm 
Just agreed that sorting options could be designed to allow more convenient arrangement of items and pointed out that that's a problem that can be worked around by organizing collections differently.

I don't promote collections in this forum or post links to them. My intention was not to belittle someone else's collection, I didn't even look at yours before I posted. :(
Showing 1-15 of 22 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50
Date Posted: Sep 3, 2012 @ 2:31pm