Naval War: Arctic Circle

Naval War: Arctic Circle

Create and discover new missions
With access to all the awesome units and features in the game, you can create your own missions anywhere on the North Atlantic Ocean. Share your work with other admirals, and find new missions to test your naval strategies. Click here to learn more.
Minamus Sep 2, 2012 @ 4:09pm
if paradox were to do a new naval war
what would you want in it
< >
Showing 1-15 of 19 comments
Falkor Sep 3, 2012 @ 2:27am 
SUBMARINES!!!!!!!! boomers/fast attacks/guided missles subs/old fashioned ww2 subs with deck guns lol
Minamus Sep 6, 2012 @ 3:22pm 
cool
billyboyak Sep 10, 2012 @ 12:19pm 
iam new to naval war looking for a game
k1-para Sep 15, 2012 @ 7:21am 
a sleeping tiger awakes again japan stikes at the usa again the us fleet needs to react fast to stop the j\ap ships and subs in the pasific
76561197991092520 Sep 19, 2012 @ 1:20pm 
nice game
Tellashim[GIF] Sep 20, 2012 @ 2:19pm 
A save function :)
Saint Peter Sep 25, 2012 @ 10:07pm 
Hyper-accurate database of era appropriate: weapon systems, radars, sonors, ships, planes, subs, drones, SAMs, SSMs, mobile land units (i.e. tanks, mobile launchers/radars, troops) realistic electronic warefare equipment, anti-radar missles, patriot missle batteries, and their capabilities.
Critical to a successful game: EASY in-game mission creation allowing players to simply choose a unit type for an appropriate mission, select time-on-target, select the area, and then the computer calculates how many aircraft are required for that mission. Aircraft numbers can be reduced by adding refueling craft, ships, or forward operating bases. You must be able to pull aircraft off mission and individually control them, but reassigning them to a mission should also be simple as possible (e.g. right-click unit for appropriate missions available to it). Aircraft reserved for missions will be greyed out in mission editors. Mission areas should not only be just a few waypoints on the map however, but a dynamic area capable of shifting position based on a particular unit (say a carrier), and perhaps even make it shift around that unit in response to threat detections. Micro-managing mission details sucks valuable time from what everyone wants to be doing... fighting battles.
Can this be done with beautiful graphics? I don't even care if they are just movie clips triggered by a game event, as long as there are a ton of them. In other words, I don't really need to see a "real-time" graphic of my ship sailing or my plane flying. That is just too ambitious IMO, don't bother. Instead, maybe a fantasic looking 3d map with your standard military map icons showing your units. Make sure you have the option to turn the 3d feature off ... that type of thing tends to be personal preference. Please make the audio incredible. Pick things you can design well, and fricking OWN them in the game. Don't half-do anything.
Wrap it all up in a great story-line, and then allow the community to create their own stuff.
That is what I would want in a new naval warfare game.
Minamus Sep 28, 2012 @ 5:55pm 
thanks for all the comments
D^A :: Buffalo Oct 13, 2012 @ 2:13am 
For it not to keep crashing :(
captorry 1 Oct 23, 2012 @ 6:35pm 
I would suggest they fix this one before we talk about another one. It looks like the Dev's have forgot about this game and moved on! I would not buy another one made by the same Dev team!

Regards:
CaptainTorry
МЙП Nov 7, 2012 @ 12:52am 
Does anyone know how to get a single unit or group into another one!
Tellashim[GIF] Nov 20, 2012 @ 3:36pm 
A game that actually works. Oh and a save feature. How the hell can you miss that? I don't have time to pick up a game and get through an hour of gameplay without distraction. Sorry, i need a save feature. Oh, and maybe fixing all the crashes i get as well would be nice.
PFC Chamberlain Nov 28, 2012 @ 4:36pm 
Has anyone played Space Empires? In SE IV you can choose what components you want on your ships, and what parts are available depends on your research. Later in the game this
leads to multiple space strategies using missile ships, Carriers, heavily armored dreadnoughts,
Boarding ships, minelayers, drone launchers, stealth, and anti-planet ships, in addition to the logistical ships carrying troops and supplies to fuel your conquest or extermination of your enemies. If a Navy wargame could bring all of this to the table in a balanced, believable fashion
not only would it be amazing, but the variety prevents the whole "One Strategy is the Best" scenario that can happen in wargames of this nature
KiwiZaphod Jan 11, 2013 @ 11:20pm 
Originally posted by iNiGo:
Hyper-accurate database of era appropriate: weapon systems, radars, sonors, ships, planes, subs, drones, SAMs, SSMs, mobile land units (i.e. tanks, mobile launchers/radars, troops) realistic electronic warefare equipment, anti-radar missles, patriot missle batteries, and their capabilities.
Critical to a successful game: EASY in-game mission creation allowing players to simply choose a unit type for an appropriate mission, select time-on-target, select the area, and then the computer calculates how many aircraft are required for that mission. Aircraft numbers can be reduced by adding refueling craft, ships, or forward operating bases. You must be able to pull aircraft off mission and individually control them, but reassigning them to a mission should also be simple as possible (e.g. right-click unit for appropriate missions available to it). Aircraft reserved for missions will be greyed out in mission editors. Mission areas should not only be just a few waypoints on the map however, but a dynamic area capable of shifting position based on a particular unit (say a carrier), and perhaps even make it shift around that unit in response to threat detections. Micro-managing mission details sucks valuable time from what everyone wants to be doing... fighting battles.

Sounds a bit like a certain *other* naval warfare game named after a particular missile (or whale hunting device) that I have lost my copy of...

I fully agree that micro-managing things like sensors and mission profiles is annoying; it just gets way too busy; lack of ability to display endurance, weapon, radar and sonar ranages (on/off) for multiple targets makes things tricky too.

Revencher Jan 21, 2013 @ 12:33am 
I think this game is an ausome idea but very porly executed. UI isnt simple enuf. For example I still havent been able to figure out how to get my ships to move and act as 1 unit when i group them. the next thing is the graphic are horid. harpoon had better graphics and it come out in the 90's. To tell you the truth i would love to see a newer vertion of Harpoon. I think it would also bee cool if you could hop in to 1 of your ships and take it over like a sim. that way when nothing is really going on you arent bord out of your mind. major props for trying though.
< >
Showing 1-15 of 19 comments
Per page: 1530 50