Steam Greenlight

Help pick new games for Steam

Browse through the entries here and rate up the games you want to see made available via Steam

Submit your product
AsianPersuasion Aug 31, 2012 @ 6:04pm
What We Absolutely Do Not Need Any More Of
*Indie Platformers
*Wave-Based Zombie Survival Games
*Super-Nostalgic Retro 8-bit Throwback Games
*Slenderman Games
*Block-Based Sandbox Games
Last edited by AsianPersuasion; Aug 31, 2012 @ 6:05pm
Showing 1-15 of 92 comments
< >
Canid Aug 31, 2012 @ 6:05pm 
But those are so easy to make for three high school kids in their comp sci class!
SD Aug 31, 2012 @ 6:08pm 
my platformer is pretty damn good. but alot of the games on there look like trash
Last edited by SD; Aug 31, 2012 @ 6:09pm
luvjuce Aug 31, 2012 @ 6:12pm 
Originally posted by Canid:
But those are so easy to make for three high school kids in their comp sci class!

Lol
Freyar Aug 31, 2012 @ 6:20pm 
I've gotten to the point where Slender games get an instant downvote.
Jorjon Aug 31, 2012 @ 6:20pm 
Amen
Lich Kyanka Aug 31, 2012 @ 6:25pm 
No more creepy anime "Interactive Novels", take that to newgrounds.
TheChosen Aug 31, 2012 @ 6:25pm 
What happened to the whole "Indie games are the bastion of creativity" thing?
Lich Kyanka Aug 31, 2012 @ 6:28pm 
That went out the window when people started putting anime ♥♥♥♥ in the game covers on they submissions
aro Aug 31, 2012 @ 6:30pm 
I'm curious. Why are people opposed to a specific genre of game even if it is "overused" as you say? If the game is well made and fun, how could we possibly not benefit from its inclusion in Steam? Some people put a lot of hard work into these games and to exclude them simply because you feel that other games of the same genre already exist is quite ludicrous.
AsianPersuasion Aug 31, 2012 @ 6:32pm 
Originally posted by TheChosen:
What happened to the whole "Indie games are the bastion of creativity" thing?
It died when everybody just started making reskinned copies of whatever new innovative indie game was recently popular.
Canid Aug 31, 2012 @ 6:33pm 
Originally posted by aro:
I'm curious. Why are people opposed to a specific genre of game even if it is "overused" as you say? If the game is well made and fun, how could we possibly not benefit from its inclusion in Steam? Some people put a lot of hard work into these games and to exclude them simply because you feel that other games of the same genre already exist is quite ludicrous.
I would guess that the sheer volume makes it difficult to discern the good from the bad at first glance.
jorg Aug 31, 2012 @ 6:50pm 
Speak for yourself. As long as there are good indie platformers, zombie games etc it wont hurt anybody to bring them to Steam. Also, just because it's a platformer, doesnt mean there isn't a new twist added to it, or a new interesting gameplay mechanic. There is an audience for this stuff.

We have a million "modern warfare" shooters on Steam too, yet nobody says, no, stop making them, we dont need any more of these. Nor should anyone say that imho, as long as there are people wanting to play them. Same for indie games.

More original games should have priority of course, but that doesn't mean every game has to be completely original (95% of them, indie or AAA aren't).
ShatteredQuil Aug 31, 2012 @ 6:52pm 
Originally posted by Canid:

This.

Sadly, most indie game makers are this.
ShatteredQuil Aug 31, 2012 @ 6:53pm 
Also, no more Call of Duty copies please.
Canid Aug 31, 2012 @ 6:56pm 
Originally posted by Elite Shogun:
Also, no more Call of Duty copies please.
Are we talking indie copies with laughably low production value or the Big name ones that at least look nice while being nigh identical?
Showing 1-15 of 92 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50
Date Posted: Aug 31, 2012 @ 6:04pm