Steam Greenlight

Help pick new games for Steam

Browse through the entries here and rate up the games you want to see made available via Steam

Submit your product
h a y_♕⊕ Aug 30, 2012 @ 11:14pm
Zeus: Master of Olympus
Simulation game that takes you back during the ancient times which in this case Ancient Greece. Before Sim City 4, Anno 2070, or even Tropico 4, you had Zeus: Master of Olympus. Everything effects how your city will grow. Create housing, services, industry, military, trade, and politics. Gods (Zeus, Aphrodite, Apollo, etc) and Heroes (Hercules, Jason, Achillies, etc) also play a role in your city in which they bless or defend your city from monsters or other hateful Gods and rivaling cities. This would be a great addition for Steam which I think the Steam Community would definitely enjoy!

Unfortunately the company (Impression Games) which created this fantastic game doesn't exist anymore so how would someone ask for permission if the creators no longer exist?
Last edited by h a y_♕⊕; Aug 30, 2012 @ 11:21pm
Showing 1-15 of 20 comments
< >
Z3 Aug 30, 2012 @ 11:20pm 
And therefore it never will.
TooMuchSource Aug 30, 2012 @ 11:21pm 
Without the rightful devs or knowledge of who carries the IP, this game may have no hope of ever resurfacing. Sorry.
h a y_♕⊕ Aug 30, 2012 @ 11:22pm 
Yeah, kind of sad. Maybe Valve could do something about it? But that's just wishful thinking.
DrunkenSqrl Aug 30, 2012 @ 11:22pm 
If you really really really want this game on steam, hunt down the people/company/whoever that got the rights to this game after the company dissolved, buy the rights to the game from them and submit it youself. Otherwise, its not gonna happen
h a y_♕⊕ Aug 30, 2012 @ 11:28pm 
I wouldn't have a clue of where to begin if I even tried. This game was released back 2000 and the rights to the game was passed through 2 other companies.
h a y_♕⊕ Sep 3, 2012 @ 8:44pm 
Anymore thoughts?
wilco64256 Sep 3, 2012 @ 8:46pm 
Start by checking with whatever company last owned the IP. Since it was originally Sierra I'd assume that it went to Vivendi and then Activision like most other Sierra stuff, so Activision probably owns it currently.
Sgt.Psycho Sep 3, 2012 @ 8:49pm 
http://www.gog.com/en/gamecard/zeus_poseidon

Commission to my wishlist please.
Inspector Gadget|UST Sep 3, 2012 @ 9:06pm 
technically... the rights fall somewhere with activision-blizzard and Tilted Mill. there were so many hand switching that the right to some games sometimes fall behind the cabinet.
Effra Mar 2 @ 6:32am 
I wish that game was released on Steam. I quite enjoyed it a lot. Even the expansion Poseidon: Master of Atlantis was interesting. ^^

Yet, from what I read, it's gonna be hard... Really hard! Still, I don't want to believe it's impossible. I want to hope... Even if it will take a lot of time, I hope this game will be released on Steam someday. =)
h a y_♕⊕ Mar 2 @ 9:46pm 
Yeah definitely! I ended up getting it from http://www.gog.com/game/zeus_poseidon
Mr. Fibble Mar 3 @ 6:48am 
Games of that age are better being bought from gog rather than steam as they tend to try and make sure the old games actually work on modern systems straight from download.

Steam tends to get the old games and just put them up for sale leaving the buyer to find out what hoops need to be jumped through to get it running.
C0untzer0 Mar 3 @ 8:18am 
Originally posted by Mr. Fibble:
Games of that age are better being bought from gog rather than steam as they tend to try and make sure the old games actually work on modern systems straight from download.

Steam tends to get the old games and just put them up for sale leaving the buyer to find out what hoops need to be jumped through to get it running.
Also, certain companies don't see GOG as "the competition", as they do with Steam.
This leads to a massive array of titles which will never come to steam.
Skoardy Mar 3 @ 9:59am 
Originally posted by Mr. Fibble:
Before you finish constructing that bonfire to burn Valve at the stake on, keep in mind it's the same publishers/developers who submit their own game, compatible or not, the blame for the state of their game ultimately lies with them.
Gyarados Mar 3 @ 11:57pm 
i like this game i can vote for this game now because is really awesome :D
Showing 1-15 of 20 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50
Date Posted: Aug 30, 2012 @ 11:14pm