Steam Greenlight

Help pick new games for Steam

Browse through the entries here and rate up the games you want to see made available via Steam

Submit your product
sara_bear Aug 30, 2012 @ 3:38pm
Yawn, another zombie game?
Ok I'm all for getting exposure for indie games, up an comers, and under represented publishers. But really there's only so many zombie games the market will bear. Does greenlight really need to have over a hundred zombie games for me to rate?
Showing 1-15 of 54 comments
< >
Peggy Hill Jul 25, 2013 @ 3:21pm 
I honestly think its casue of day z. It was such a huge hit that I think modders dont really want to take the chance with doing somthing orgininal. They would rather just go with the flow and not take the risk of being a hit or failing.
Gorlom[Swe] Jul 25, 2013 @ 3:55pm 
Originally posted by sara_bear:
Ok I'm all for getting exposure for indie games, up an comers, and under represented publishers. But really there's only so many zombie games the market will bear. Does greenlight really need to have over a hundred zombie games for me to rate?
Yes. Greenlight is the FIRST gatecheck to getting a game onto steam. So all the games no matter how crappy or undeserving of being on steam needs to be on greenlight. It's your job/perogative to click yes on the games you are interested in buying so that they get on to steam so you can buy them.
If there was some kind of sorting before greenlight there wouldn't be any point to greenlight.
sara_bear Jul 25, 2013 @ 8:37pm 
Look Gorlom,
when I posted this every other game on greenlight was a subpar to ok zombie game.
Now there is lot's of variety... no longer an issue don't you think?
Peggy Hill Jul 25, 2013 @ 8:46pm 
Guys this was made almost a year ago. And back then there were a LOT of zombies games and not a lot of variety. Lets give him a break, And I Will say I do think there a LOT of zombie games still.
wilco64256 Jul 25, 2013 @ 10:26pm 
Originally posted by Konno Yuusuke:
I honestly think its casue of day z. It was such a huge hit that I think modders dont really want to take the chance with doing somthing orgininal. They would rather just go with the flow and not take the risk of being a hit or failing.

This is the post that baffles me. How did you even FIND this thread to reply to it in the first place?
Peggy Hill Jul 25, 2013 @ 10:49pm 
Originally posted by wilco64256:
Originally posted by Konno Yuusuke:
I honestly think its casue of day z. It was such a huge hit that I think modders dont really want to take the chance with doing somthing orgininal. They would rather just go with the flow and not take the risk of being a hit or failing.

This is the post that baffles me. How did you even FIND this thread to reply to it in the first place?

Oh I dont know I think I NOTICED a lot of zombie games on greenlight. So I simply looked if anyone had the same opinion ;/ Its not that hard to find a discussion.... I mean how dose it "baffle" you? I mean all you have to do is search for somthing like "To many zombie games on greenlight" And bingo you find a discussion/
Peggy Hill Jul 25, 2013 @ 11:18pm 
Originally posted by Mindwedge:
Hey, someone who uses search before starting a thread. I say we all give 'em a golf clap.

<golf clap>

Aww thanks.... ;p
Gorlom[Swe] Jul 25, 2013 @ 11:19pm 
Originally posted by sara_bear:
Look Gorlom,
when I posted this every other game on greenlight was a subpar to ok zombie game.
Now there is lot's of variety... no longer an issue don't you think?

My bad I failed to notice this was a one year old necro

Originally posted by Konno Yuusuke:
Guys this was made almost a year ago. And back then there were a LOT of zombies games and not a lot of variety. Lets give him a break, And I Will say I do think there a LOT of zombie games still.
Why DID you necro such an old thread?
Peggy Hill Jul 25, 2013 @ 11:29pm 
Originally posted by GorlomSwe:
Originally posted by sara_bear:
Look Gorlom,
when I posted this every other game on greenlight was a subpar to ok zombie game.
Now there is lot's of variety... no longer an issue don't you think?

My bad I failed to notice this was a one year old necro

Originally posted by Konno Yuusuke:
Guys this was made almost a year ago. And back then there were a LOT of zombies games and not a lot of variety. Lets give him a break, And I Will say I do think there a LOT of zombie games still.
Why DID you necro such an old thread?

Because at my first post I didnt notice it was a year old. Geez Im sorry I didnt know I coudnt post on somthing. But yeah if you have to know Id rather post on a discussion then start a brand new one.
But im still sticking by my opinion greenlight gets a ton of zombie games.

Also you commented before realizing it was a year old to. So dont point the finger to me were all in the same boat.
C0untzer0 Jul 26, 2013 @ 12:11am 
<golf claps>
Would you believe that our opinion of them is the same as it was in previous discussions about prevalent tropes? Because if you would, that'd save us all a lot of hassle.
Let me explain:
(No that would take too long. Let me sum up:)
  • There are too many zombies, mostly lacking originality, and often as a way to explain bad AI
  • There are too many games in which "You wake up on an Island with no idea who you are or how you got there" Which is some of the laziest writing ever, particularly when people claim they are making an RPG ("What kind of character are you?" "IDK" "What's their backstory" "IDK")
  • There are too many shooters with no plot so that even those done well are just a bit "Run around shooting strangers, because that's what all the cool kids do at your school"
Gorlom[Swe] Jul 26, 2013 @ 12:14am 
Originally posted by Mindwedge:
Originally posted by GorlomSwe:
Why DID you necro such an old thread?

Which is worse, not using search or necroing when you want to share your feelings? In this case the necro is better IMO.

<golf clap> C'mon Gorlom, you can do it.
Hmm I guess my post came off a bit more hostile than I intended it to. It just didnt seem to contribute all that much to the topic and if he knew it was a ytear old (which he apparently didn't) it just seemed odd to me and I wanted a bit more ontopic discussion.


My opinion: not enough Voodoo Zombie games. it's all undead zombies :(
I want a game where you have to feel bad if you start killing the zombies. Where there is a puppetmaster pulling the stringes etc.
Where the bad guy has skull facepaint, runs around holding a headless chicken and talks with a jamaican or haiti accent.
C0untzer0 Jul 26, 2013 @ 12:48am 
Originally posted by GorlomSwe:
My opinion: not enough Voodoo Zombie games. it's all undead zombies :(
I want a game where you have to feel bad if you start killing the zombies. Where there is a puppetmaster pulling the stringes etc.
Where the bad guy has skull facepaint, runs around holding a headless chicken and talks with a jamaican or haiti accent.
How about we use a pigeon instead of a chicken, and then the zombies can only move when music's playing?
Gorlom[Swe] Jul 26, 2013 @ 12:59am 
oh you are so delightfully grumpy C0untzer0 ^^

was it that my description of the bad guy was pointless and overly detailed?
C0untzer0 Jul 26, 2013 @ 1:06am 
No, I just wanted to throw in a "Weekend at Bernie's" reference.
MannyS Jul 26, 2013 @ 1:12am 
Hey im excited for the dead linger it looks promising
Showing 1-15 of 54 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50
Date Posted: Aug 30, 2012 @ 3:38pm
Posts: 54