Steam Greenlight
Vote on Greenlight items/Games
Hello, how do i vote on Greenlight again. Havent done this for a while, so if anyone could tell how, i would be glad for the help.
< >
Сообщения 115 из 20
Click on one of the games in your queue, and where it says "Would you buy this game" you click on either yes or no, depending on whether you would buy that game.
Do not treat this like facebook or youtube. answer the question asked.
Go to Community third tag on the upper bar from left side scroll down to greenlight klick it
there klick on a game picture and a bar asks you if you would buy this game yes no you decide and press on the right side next gl
Damn! I just created my concept, I never knew the question is would you BUY this game...
I was thinking to make most of it free, just have some extra levels for money. I was hoping the question people would respond to is "Do you like this game idea?". "Would you buy it?" is something totally different...
Отредактировано Eagleheart8; 7 окт. 2013 г. в 4:56
Автор сообщения: andreim44
Damn! I just created my concept, I never knew the question is would you BUY this game...
Not a good idea to segue a plug for your game in the forums. Apart from it coming off as obvious and awkward, if every dev on Greenlight felt they should do the same, the forum would be a mess.
Fair point; link removed. But my comment stays.
I never back any free-to-play games. Either they're planning some nasty way to take your money or they're not going to commit enough to making the game work.

If your boiler was leaking, would you want the plumber who
  • A: you have to pay, but who loses money for each half-hour he doesn't show.
    or
  • B: you don't have to pay, but he has a day job and family commitments.
?
If it makes you feel better, consider it a demo version, and you pay for the full version. Personally, I would NOT buy a game I don't get to play before buying. Might be because I'm from a poor country, but still I expect to know what I'm getting beforehead. And I was trying to emphasise that I wanted an opinion about the IDEA, the CONCEPT, not if I could make money out of it. And I thought that was what greenlight concept was about. emphasise on concept.
Автор сообщения: andreim44
If it makes you feel better, consider it a demo version, and you pay for the full version.
That's a much better way of doing things.
Well. I'm totally new to the business part of games. From my point of view, demo from played version and free game with payable extra content is the same thing. It"s probably not, I know. I really have a lot to learn on this topic. I'm just a programmer.
It's all psychological. People think less of something they're given for free than if they paid for the exact same thing, If you have something which costs a dollar, and give somebody a 99% discount, they'd be happier than if you charge them a penny.

People are strange.
Oh God yes they are. And I can totally agree with that example...
anyway, I was still hoping just my game idea would get analysed, not it's selling potential. But ok, that's what steam cares about, and that's what ultimately matters, I get it...just not agree with it :D
As I said on the actual concept page, I like it and hope it does well for you. It's the sort of thing I'd happily buy for the price of a sandwich. Obviously if you can find an artist, and maybe an accountant too, then you can focus on what you're good at.
< >
Сообщения 115 из 20
Показывать на странице: 1530 50

Дата создания: 2 окт. 2013 г. в 5:16