The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Find the best mods for your game
Finding and installing your favorite mods is easier than ever before. Mod-makers also enjoy a streamlined process for uploading mods directly to Steam. Click here to learn how.
minifresh999 Oct 1, 2013 @ 8:51pm
Mod Problems...
Okay so my game loads just fine and dandy, the only problem is that I can't do any new mods. When I "subscribe" to a new mod it downloads, but is not added to my game, I check my program files and they are not added. Anybody know what could cause this? Thanks in advance for trying to help!
< >
Showing 1-12 of 12 comments
Do you have all the other required DLCs and mods? What mods are you trying to use?
minifresh999 Oct 1, 2013 @ 9:24pm 
Yes, I have read through and double-checked all mods for dlc/other mods needs. The main one I want to get to work would be Mercenary War-Gear http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=169393128
jjb-54 1 Oct 2, 2013 @ 7:54am 
Do you have a mod that conflicts with it? (Read the Mod's thread forum to see.)

Also - you (obviously) clicked the SUBSCRIBE button and allowed it to download?

You see this when you click the Skyrim Icon and the main window is on your Windows Screen. Down in the R-Hand corner is the Load Status of mods - check to see if they are updates and adds new ones. You have to let this go through the whole process before it's "in the data" list section .... If you do not let it go through the whole process it will NOT load ....
minifresh999 Oct 2, 2013 @ 2:57pm 
My problem is it never starts doing that, it will not start that proccess of loading and updating mods. It does this on my desktop, but not on my laptop. I din't notice that before but thank you for pointing that out
jjb-54 1 Oct 3, 2013 @ 9:39am 
20 Question time - please take no offense.

1. Is your Laptop compatible? (meets the basic requirements for Skyrim)

2. Did it go through the normal INSTALL (first installing the game) on your Laptop and connecting with STEAM/VALVE and doing all the needed downloads?

IF YES to all the above -

3. Did you try UNINSTALLING and starting over with the Install?
minifresh999 Oct 3, 2013 @ 4:01pm 
I find no reason to be offended, yes it's compatible, it did go through normal install, and it took 3 uninstall/reinstalls but I got it to work. Thanks for all the trouble shooting guys.
Mr. Dave Oct 9, 2013 @ 3:37am 
You said, "any new mods". Does this mean you have other mods installed? If so, Steam has a woefully small mod subscription limit. You may need to unsubscribe to some mods, then subscribe to the new mods and let them get installed, then restart Skyrim and click Data Files and then check the mods which were unsubscribed so that they continue to work.
jjb-54 1 Oct 9, 2013 @ 8:56am 
Originally posted by Mr. Dave:
You said, "any new mods". Does this mean you have other mods installed? If so, Steam has a woefully small mod subscription limit. You may need to unsubscribe to some mods, then subscribe to the new mods and let them get installed, then restart Skyrim and click Data Files and then check the mods which were unsubscribed so that they continue to work.

One - "out" - to the 50 MOD limitations with Steam is to see which Mods are on NEXUS, as there is no limitations there (except Skyrim's imposed Limitations) ... than those that are only on STEAM is cut down to keep you well inside the 50 limitations...
riffahlc175 Oct 9, 2013 @ 10:35pm 
Is it possible tht you haven't waited for steam to sync the downloads with Skyrim?
jjb-54 1 Oct 10, 2013 @ 8:39am 
Originally posted by riffahlc175:
Is it possible tht you haven't waited for steam to sync the downloads with Skyrim?

riffahlc is correct - you do wait for the sync to take place right?

You can see that in the bottom right hand corner of the Skyrim Load Icon window.
Hey i got the same problem too.I have less than 20 mods installed and I used to have alot more.I just started playing skyrim recently and now very few of the mods i suscribe too actually appear in game. I have some that work fine but id say nearly half just dont appeart at all.I reinstalled the game as well and let it sync.When I suscribe the mods do seem to download completly but do not appear in the data files.I find this strange because ive never encountered this problem before,usually every mod i suscribe too appears without a problem.
jjb-54 1 Oct 10, 2013 @ 10:02am 
Are you allowing them to Sync and be loaded? Each time you subscribe to a new mod - you have to allow your game to sync with the subscribed Mod before it will show up ... if you just jump into the game - NO - it will not be there ....

(I say this, because I got three (3) PM's asking me what this means, "Sync"?) They found they were not allowing the game to do that .... So I just don't assume anymore that people "just understand and know what this means. :)

Originally posted by jpbm3064:
Hey i got the same problem too.I have less than 20 mods installed and I used to have alot more.I just started playing skyrim recently and now very few of the mods i suscribe too actually appear in game. I have some that work fine but id say nearly half just dont appeart at all.I reinstalled the game as well and let it sync.When I suscribe the mods do seem to download completly but do not appear in the data files.I find this strange because ive never encountered this problem before,usually every mod i suscribe too appears without a problem.
< >
Showing 1-12 of 12 comments
Per page: 15 30 50

Date Posted: Oct 1, 2013 @ 8:51pm