Steam Greenlight
Edreyn 2013 年 10 月 1 日 上午 5:40
Interest check - trade adventure game
Hello fellow indie game makers and those interested in indie games.
I have at last decided to try making a game on my own.
For now I only have some basic ideas and slowly assemble tools I think I need.
However I want to know if the the very genre is interesting.

So what I want to do? A 2D (perspective) game about sailing around and trading stuff. It won't be simply clicking on "buy" or "sell" button in city harbour location, instead I want to make real dialogues with traders in walkable cities, with a few options in them - haggling, intimidating, convincing and so on.

I want (don't know if I have enough knowledge to do it) to do as much randomness as possible, so dialogues with buy/sell options will change each game, however they WILL be based on island politics/culture/law and so on. Of course I'll try to make world as real as possible. I also want to make geography random, something similar to Space Rangers, each island on different map with neighbours changing every new game.

So... anyone interested with the idea itself?

P.S. I am not asking for money or help with making a game.
最後修改者:Edreyn; 2013 年 10 月 1 日 上午 5:43
< >
目前顯示第 1-10 則留言,共 10
C0untzer0 2013 年 10 月 1 日 上午 5:48 
The actual idea has a little merit and quite a bit of originality, but I'd have to see your execution to really decide.
Edreyn 2013 年 10 月 1 日 上午 5:50 
I just started so I can't promise any specific date. I will however try to show some aspects of a game as soon as they are ready.
Gorlom[Swe] 2013 年 10 月 1 日 上午 5:52 
It sounds really interesting to me. Make a page in the greenlight concept section imo.
最後修改者:Gorlom[Swe]; 2013 年 10 月 1 日 上午 5:52
C0untzer0 2013 年 10 月 1 日 上午 6:05 
引用自 GorlomSwe
It sounds really interesting to me. Make a page in the greenlight concept section imo.
It's probably too early for even that. Once a project slips from the front page of "Most recent" it's pretty much dead. You only get one first impression.
A Gelatinous Cube-Z- 2013 年 10 月 1 日 上午 6:16 
Purely as a concept, it does sound interesting. I enjoyed Recettear, which features you running a single shop. Playing as a traveling merchant would certainly be something I'd try out.
Gorlom[Swe] 2013 年 10 月 1 日 上午 6:21 
引用自 C0untzer0
引用自 GorlomSwe
It's probably too early for even that. Once a project slips from the front page of "Most recent" it's pretty much dead. You only get one first impression.
You can allways repost it if you want. :p but yeah that is probably a bit scetchy tactics.
Mivo 2013 年 10 月 1 日 下午 8:00 
Sounds like Pirates! and Port Royale.
Skoardy 2013 年 10 月 1 日 下午 9:35 
引用自 GorlomSwe
You can allways repost it if you want. :p but yeah that is probably a bit scetchy tactics.
I think you're always better off waiting until you've got something to show rather than re-submitting. There's not really any upside as you'd probably be getting negative feedback (either by comments or 'down votes') based simply on having nothing to show. All of which could end up putting you off pursuing the project.
Edreyn 2013 年 10 月 2 日 下午 11:25 
I'll possibly upload a few screenshots once I decide what images I am going to use. I am doing it alone, so it's a hard work. And of course i also have regular job, so can work only at evening. Hope screenshots will be ready soon enough.
ubersick 2013 年 10 月 2 日 下午 11:27 
wow
< >
目前顯示第 1-10 則留言,共 10
每頁顯示: 1530 50

張貼日期: 2013 年 10 月 1 日 上午 5:40
回覆: 10