Steam Greenlight
Hugh Mungus 30/set./2013 às 6:00
Would this game interest you?
Okay I am kind of new to making indie games and I wanted to ask if this short description would be fun to you? I am open to some criticism even tell me what would make the game more fun, thanks for your time!

ProjectBOB, is a score based game, were the aim of the game is to get the highest points possible without dying, the map will be simple so that their is more killing time with hopefully some FREE DLC to be made for extra maps and more zombies. When you die the game will finish you can enter a highscore a bit like the older games, an online feature may be added if the game proves to be popular and will be extensively tested to make sure that the game will be fun. Power ups will be available, ammo and health will be a key feature to the game, you will start off with little to no ammo and you will need to find ammo and health packs before the zombies get you. Hopefully are car system will be added later in the future too. The genre is a shooter game as well
Última edição por Hugh Mungus; 30/set./2013 às 6:56
< >
Exibindo comentários 115 de 26
Gorlom[Swe] 30/set./2013 às 6:19 
Great username.... really inspires confdence :p

1) You failed to mention what genre this is.
2) You have very extensivly descriped old school arcade type mechanics. Seems like you could have done that quicker and moved on to other things.
3) As you have mentioned zombies youare going to get a lot of negative backlash. People are generally sick and tired of zombies atm and you need something extra special to pull off a zombie game.
4) There is too little information to go on. it is a very general idea that doesn't only need fleshing out but depends on genre and execution as well.
5) It sounds like you are most likely trying to compete with a weak entry in an oversaturated field. I do not think this will end with any kind of success for you.

6) Rather than making a game to please others (as in random people answering a questionare/gallup/whatever) make one you yourself enjoy
Última edição por Gorlom[Swe]; 30/set./2013 às 6:21
Hugh Mungus 30/set./2013 às 6:55 
Do you think I should use robots maybe instead? Or a more ungeneric kind of npc? I enjoy the game myself and it is my first one, I do not normally play zombie games so this is new for me also the idea of the game is that it has that old school kind of feel, do you think people will not enjoy that kind of style?
BadBreath 30/set./2013 às 7:13 
I think you will be welcomed onto Greenlight for sure. Perhaps if you somehow connect your game to some AAA zombie game then you will get enough votes. The good news is that you can charge people money to play your game before its even finished...why you don't even have to ever finish it all so no pressure cha ching!
Don't mind Chris. Things he doesn't like offend him to his very core.
Gorlom[Swe] 30/set./2013 às 7:30 
Escrito originalmente por Malicious Spyware:
Do you think I should use robots maybe instead? Or a more ungeneric kind of npc? I enjoy the game myself and it is my first one, I do not normally play zombie games so this is new for me also the idea of the game is that it has that old school kind of feel, do you think people will not enjoy that kind of style?
You still need to explain what genre it is. Without knowing genre and story I really can't guess what would fit best. But zombies is probably not going to go well at all. Generic evil faction of the same race as the player/protagonist would probably get the least ammount of complaints imo. or maybe a random hobbob of everything you can think of.
Letting the enemies define the game is most likely a bad idea.
And you really should ignore everything Chris1980 says. He is not trying to help you. (he hats greenlight with all his might for reasons that are a bit difficult to decern on account of him not understanding what greenlight is)
Última edição por Gorlom[Swe]; 30/set./2013 às 7:33
Hugh Mungus 30/set./2013 às 7:43 
Do you guys think I should just restart from scratch and try make a less generic game, make something more interesting?
Gorlom[Swe] 30/set./2013 às 7:48 
I think you should post in the concept section. It's free. and lets you show pictures.
Última edição por Gorlom[Swe]; 30/set./2013 às 7:48
C0untzer0 30/set./2013 às 9:47 
Escrito originalmente por Malicious Spyware:
Do you guys think I should just restart from scratch and try make a less generic game, make something more interesting?
I thiink you should go back to the point before you posted this, and not post it. Or at least have some kind of idea of what you're posting.
wilco64256 30/set./2013 às 13:41 
I think before you post anything either in Concepts or in regular submissions you should change your username. Just sayin...
Mivo 30/set./2013 às 23:10 
Making a game is like writing a book: Do something that you would enjoy playing/reading yourself.

"Build it and they'll play it."
Alpha 2/out./2013 às 8:46 
yea
Depends how far you want to go with game story , how much people will enjoyble , replayble the game is if you want people play more and be addictive like hell sure want that to happen becouse will be a popular game so can make money of it.

You must have a game with unquie graphics
Also you want to have some story right but depend what you want to do
Let's say if you want voice acting but is bad some people will not buy the game.
What you will do try to have some good vibe means good music to play it and enjoy the game.
Depends how the machanics are of this game is arcade style or some hybride etc.
I Got a idia for you game if you want to take seriosly make some kinda of Moba game with some creativity lets say in moba are minons , towers , champions.
Lets make a twist.You are the minon and must die for getting to destroy the base and each you kill a champion you get gold and have some power ups to get much stronger and help you get your enemey towers destroyd. if you die you will respwn and try to be a good minon . also the power ups can be harmfull and get you slow or something else but the power ups should be randomly so you get the idia...

Note* -> what i sayd is nightmare for a programator

I don't see why a good game with that creativity and ingenuity can't be made in a 2.5 D game with low bugget and be founded with kickstarter....

If you want to ask me something please to i will read your message... sorry for my bad english i was trying my best.
Última edição por 𝕮𝖗𝖆𝖟𝖞𝖗𝖆𝖟; 2/out./2013 às 18:45
Mivo 3/out./2013 às 3:24 
A reverse MOBA is actually a neat idea. It's not harder to program than any other game, though may be more difficult to balance. Still, nice idea. :)
funk tell 3/out./2013 às 4:03 
dota 2
BadBreath 3/out./2013 às 4:39 
What are you waiting for get this kickstarted already!
< >
Exibindo comentários 115 de 26
Por página: 1530 50

Publicado em: 30/set./2013 às 6:00